Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

9/11 - do you remember?

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby LinkinPark12 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:14 pm

Make_Yourself you are completly deaf when it comes to this subject, I'll have you know that I had lived in New York City at the time and lived near the WTC and everything went by like a flash, I was out of school due to being Ill with the flu and I saw everything and my old house (In NYC) got damaged during the collapse and I have been mentally hurt because of it my parents had to get me out of the house when he South Tower collapsed (Dust and debries was everywhere and the North tower later collapsed as we ran) and we had to run to safety.
I was UlrichxYumiFan12, then season 3 ended and I decided to change my username for the time being. Also If I reply to multiple posts, its because I haven't been on for a month and I'm getting used to the site again.
LinkinPark12 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Dairall » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:41 pm

I know I'll seam like an idiot asking this, why the **** would some one want to attack the WTCs? What did it do to him?
"Simms! I'm gonna need three hundred copies of your a*s by the four o-clock meeting!"
"Yes sir!"
"And try to keep your b*lls off the glass this time!"
Dairall offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lani » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:43 pm

There's a difference between dwelling on the past and remembering; lots of people can get these two things easily confused. I don't think this thread's purpose is for dwelling on the past but just for remembering. I myself have moved well on (it was five years in the past. Seriously, if it wasn't a huge event I would've forgotten by now), and I can remember, it's just the future I'm afraid of.

Anyway, like UlrichxYumifan I live in the same city where something was attacked. For me it's the Pentagon (which is NOT in DC punks), and I was in fifth grade and I got pulled out of school early. The next day we got off :P But yeah, I pass the Pentagon every Friday on my way to my violin lessons and it's practically rebuilt completely. Sooooo yeah.

Bananas.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:57 pm

Dairall wrote:I know I'll seam like an idiot asking this, why the **** would some one want to attack the WTCs? What did it do to him?

Well, Al queda (sp?) attacked the building back in the early nineties. And the reason they attacked now was to finish the job. But the reason they attacked originally? Maybe because they hated our comercial ways, maybe they didn't like us interfering in the mideast, or with israel, or maybe they were just crazy and wanted to hit and kick in any way possible. Who knows?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Beowulf681 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Sithking Zero wrote: But the reason they attacked originally? Maybe because they hated our comercial ways, maybe they didn't like us interfering in the mideast, or with israel, or maybe they were just crazy and wanted to hit and kick in any way possible. Who knows?

That's about right.

I still havent figured out why people are still whining over this. It was four years ago. Pick yourselfs up and move on with your life. To hold a cermony once a year is fine, to constantly shove it down our throths is just plain stupid. So some Americans died, so What? Americans die every day, and most have families. I and most of my friends are tired of heraring about this. I hate humans and almost everything else in this world, and that may be part of the reason I don't seem to care. In short, people die, get on with your life, because it an't gonna wait for you to stop whineing. This is just my opinion, attack it any way you wish.

And BTW, I was there, and watched the whloe thing.

"I don't care if that's God's own anti-son of a b***h machine or a giant hulla-hoop." ~ Sergant Jonson (Halo: CE)

I support the Wii!!
Beowulf681 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Darkborn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:34 pm

Can we please not turn this into a fight, K Thx bye.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:41 pm

People remember this because this wasn't just some people dying; this was an attack on the American people.

The reason Al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Centers is because Osama bin Laden set an edict in 1998 that Muslims should attack military and civilians of the United States and its allies until they withdraw their forces from Muslim countries.
Last edited by Chosen_one on Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Briana » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:42 pm

I was at Disney World celebrating my friends bday when it happend.So it sucked. =/

But it's so sad.I can't beleive they would do that.I feel like the world will just...explode one day O_O
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Beowulf681 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:57 pm

Chosen_one wrote:The reason Al-Qaeda attacked the World Trade Centers is because Osama bin Laden set an edict in 1998 that Muslims should attack military and civilians of the United States and its allies until they withdraw their forces from Muslim countries.

Wrong. for years Muslims have held the belief that anyone who is not a Muslim is an infedel, and should die. Not all, but some.

While this is an attack on the American people, does that give us anymore reason to whine?

Also, think of Katrina(Sp?) people who fled are still sitting around "Greving". And guess what? The Government is starting to withdraw its suppor of the victims. Some, not all, of the victims still sit around and do nothing, and a good part of the victims are out working, or looking for jobs. They got over it. So why can't we get over this.

This is my last post on the subject. I may deffend my opinion, but that will be all.

"I don't care if that's God's own anti-son of a b***h machine or a giant hulla-hoop." ~ Sergant Jonson (Halo: CE)

I support the Wii!!
Beowulf681 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:20 pm

Beowulf681 wrote:Wrong. for years Muslims have held the belief that anyone who is not a Muslim is an infedel, and should die. Not all, but some.
Yes, and that's why the 1998 edict to kill Americans was issued. Bin Laden believes himself and his organization to be fighting "a holy war against the west."
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:38 pm

...Erm, kay.

I was in the third grade. I remember being in school...an hour after it started, some kids' names were called over the loudspeaker, they packed up and left. My name was called, we went home...we had no school the next day...I saw the Twin Towers on TV, and I was mostly shocked because we had visited NY less than a year before. We still have a picture of my dad, sister and I standing on a boat, the Towers in the background. It was too much for me to stomach back then.

I hope and pray for everyone that died in those attacks. (Cept the suicide bombers.) Actually, my uncle was lucky...he had meetings in the World Trade Center every-guess what-Tuesday. His meeting was cancelled that week.
Carth offline

Postby Lyoko_Nerd » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:16 pm

I was only in 3rd grade. No students or teachers didn't say anything about it. But we had pray day(it was a reglious(sp?0school) and i was sitting down listaining(when i got older i kinda turned on god but not to the full length because of the desasters.)and the guy leading the prayer was talking about a plane hitting a building, at frist i thought it was a small private building and a private plane. But when i got home my dad was watching the news and he just looked at me, his eyes filled with tears. I just watched the news and i didn't do a thing, cause i was young now im older and i understand.
Ryoma- mada mada Dane
Tezuka- 20 laps, NOW!
Momo- Viper!
Kadioh- ssshh
Eiji- up up
Fuji- hehe
Inui- Inui juice-evil glare-
Kawamura- BURNING!
Oishi- Temperary captain I will be.
Prince of Tennis Regulars quotes
Lyoko_Nerd offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:16 pm

Chosen_one wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:At this point, I think to not even care if any of your parents (or even mine) were in any of those planes.
How could you say that? I'm not American, but I feel so sad for those who died. Death is scary because it's the one thing humans can never figure out.

I don't care about who specifically died there. Most likely, everyone were strangers to me. Everyone can feel lucky for not being on those flights. What happened, happened. But I wouldn't like to hear about 9/11 next year. You know what, 9/11 should be USA's new Independence Day, since everyone at the United States of America LOVE to conmemorate it so badly.

Hell, I even heard the 9/11 attack was a setup made by the USA so they can attack Iraq legally.

UlrichxYumifan12 wrote:Make_Yourself you are completly deaf when it comes to this subject, I'll have you know that I had lived in New York City at the time and lived near the WTC and everything went by like a flash, I was out of school due to being Ill with the flu and I saw everything and my old house (In NYC) got damaged during the collapse and I have been mentally hurt because of it my parents had to get me out of the house when he South Tower collapsed (Dust and debries was everywhere and the North tower later collapsed as we ran) and we had to run to safety.

I'm not that deaf, and it's MakeYourself, no _ between the e and Y. You think I didn't watch all those videos about the tragedy that happened, all the people crying about how they lost their relatives, seeing how people jumped out of the building, the dust expanding... Jesus.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:49 pm

If you think it's stupid to commemorate 9/11, then Mexico should stop celebrating Cinco de Mayo.
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:05 pm

Chosen_one wrote:If you think it's stupid to commemorate 9/11, then Mexico should stop celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

Go blame the mexican-americans for that one. I'm not a Mexican, in case you wanted to grab me through that example.

If you choose to conmemorate 9/11, fine then. I can see y'all conmemorating the bloody event next year.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:23 pm

Okay...this has gone far enough.

I suggest that everyone stop bickering about this now. StarWay's more than fed up with the arguing that's been going on, and I'd suggest that everyone cool there heels.

9/11 is an unforgetable date for the US, just as Pearl Harbor is/was, and just as the dates of the Subway bombings are for the UK, I'm sure.

I really do not want to see anymore fighting about this...if people want to remember 9/11 on a thread that's been created for that purpose then they are allowed to do that without being judged on it.

I am just asking that all of you be considerate of those here who may have been directly involved in 9/11 in someway and may have lost loved ones to it.

Thank you.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I suggest that everyone stop bickering about this now. StarWay's more than fed up with the arguing that's been going on, and I'd suggest that everyone cool there heels.

At this time, she's most likely sleeping on her bed right now.

Mewberries151 wrote:I am just asking that all of you be considerate of those here who may have been directly involved in 9/11 in someway and may have lost loved ones to it.

Thank you.

Alright, but if someone points a statement respect to what I have posted, I will have no objections to reply to it.
MY85 offline

Postby CotS » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:07 pm

I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, I was 9 at the time so I didn't understand most of it I knew that people had died but well... You know you just can't really comprehend it at that age...
AKA PotterFreak
Ignorance is bliss, but with knowledge comes power.
FYI, I am a boy, live with it :P
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:23 pm

Yeah. I was only eight, and I thought that people died all the time. I couldn't imagine how it felt to be one of those people's loved ones. Now, I'm just ashamed at my ignorance. All I cared about was not being able to go to the World Trade Centers ever... Now, five years later, I regret that. I do feel sorry and very lucky that out of all the times I've flown, I've never been hijacked.

<s>MakeYourself, I'd hate to aru</s>
Aww, forget it. I'm not arguing any more with MakeYourself. This isn't the thread to do that.
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:44 pm

Chosen_one wrote:<s>MakeYourself, I'd hate to aru</s>
Aww, forget it. I'm not arguing any more with MakeYourself. This isn't the thread to do that.

<s>Wanna argue?</s>
You... me... B***ard Pride.... now. Unless you don't want to, well...
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 pm

potter_freak_14 wrote:I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, I was 9 at the time so I didn't understand most of it I knew that people had died but well... You know you just can't really comprehend it at that age...

I was eleven at the time, and I didn't really understand what was happening. Only about a year ago, when both my great grandma and my grandpa both died within a month of each other did I really understand what death was, and why it mattered so much. I'm sorry for anyone who lost a loved one that day.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby CotS » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:02 am

I am as well :sigh: I just saw a replay of what happened and it was so scary I didn't remember what had happened and it was truly horrible... :no:
AKA PotterFreak
Ignorance is bliss, but with knowledge comes power.
FYI, I am a boy, live with it :P
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rudger » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:33 am

I was in 8th grade when it happened. we watched it on the classroom TV's. I feel badly because of my reaction to those events. I had lost my grandmother a year earlier, the last thing she said to me was "don't cry" and after losing her I deadened myself to any feelings I had about the loss of a life. I felt nothing for those people lost and I was actually annoyed at how much TV coverage it had. Does that make me a bad person? I dont even know anymore. I remembered today though, and in repect to those lost I lowered our flag to half mast before leaving today and put an american flag on my trucks antenna.

I know Im posting this after midnight but I didn't have any other chance to do so.

Rudger offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: I'm in ur village, burniatin' ur thatched roof cottages.

Postby YDV » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:06 am

MakeYourself wrote:
Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:@TL, Rodri: That's only because you don't live here. September 11 is something that America will never forget. (And honestly? That sounds extremely apathetic. You don't -care- that all those people died? Or you just wouldn't care unless half the population was killed off?)

Ahem... there might be other people that are from USA that are sick of the subject. I know it really hurt the so-called pride of USA, but I did cared a bit for a while when the subject was a hot topic (no pun intended) during its time. But to remember it constantly gets tiring. Of course, I knew that today September 11th will be remembered, but it's like I don't want it to get shoved in my face constantly. At this point, I think to not even care if any of your parents (or even mine) were in any of those planes.

Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:Of course, even though it will forever remain a sad day in our history, we do move on. I would shudder to think that America would sink into a permanent depression because of something like that, because if we did-- they win.

You said it yourself, to move on. But you and many other people give me the impression that it seems to be a running depression.

<i>What 'cha gonna do, brother? What 'cha gonna do when Al-Qaeda is running wild on the USA?</i> (J/k)

I know... I wasn't saying you have to be like OMG THAT IS SO SAD *cries* every 9/11, but at least be like, considerate of those who it affected the most.

We have moved on. You gotta admit it's not like this every day, and it's perfectly fine to remember a tragic event on the anniversary. I'm a little tired of it too, but I still respect the dead. You know that whole "those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it"... Eventually the intensity will die down and there'll probably just be a moment of silence and people be like "Wow that sucked didn't it?" and then go on doing whatever, and probably just get put down in the history books. But we can't stop caring just because we're sick of hearing about it, cuz then who knows, it might happen again.

....You notice that I'm not arguing. *holds up folder with golden stars* ^^;;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:58 am

fight nice, children. Fight nice. :wag:
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext