Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am

9/11 - do you remember?

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Tom Bone » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:13 am

I remember this day like it was yesterday. (I was in 3rd grade though) It just goes to show not only America, but the world that terrorism is a real threat.
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby Tekirai » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:51 am

... I must have been in 5th grade at the time too. I was a lot more mature than others at the time, so almost everyone else didn't really care. Me and my friends did, and still think it was a bad thing to happen 'til this day.

One thing you have to consider (this is directed to people in America) is that a lot of people in other countries... just. Don't care. The other half do. That's all there is to it. My parents hate America for many stupid reasons, yet I no longer argue with them. Stuff just happens. I was the only one who knew it was that day on the 11th- nobody else I knew did. There wasn't even a moment of silence. Even my school didn't care.

Some are very upset by the happenings and it's natural for them to defend their opinion, and vice versa for those who aren't. Personally, I'm one who's gotten over it but still considers and cares about it. Sure, it was a huge event, but if it doesn't affect your country... (I'm saying all this for the sake of other members- nobody likes to see a fight, especially if it gets racist.)

I said the word 'care' a lot. o.O
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:30 pm

Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:
Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:@TL, Rodri: That's only because you don't live here. September 11 is something that America will never forget. (And honestly? That sounds extremely apathetic. You don't -care- that all those people died? Or you just wouldn't care unless half the population was killed off?)

Ahem... there might be other people that are from USA that are sick of the subject. I know it really hurt the so-called pride of USA, but I did cared a bit for a while when the subject was a hot topic (no pun intended) during its time. But to remember it constantly gets tiring. Of course, I knew that today September 11th will be remembered, but it's like I don't want it to get shoved in my face constantly. At this point, I think to not even care if any of your parents (or even mine) were in any of those planes.

Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:Of course, even though it will forever remain a sad day in our history, we do move on. I would shudder to think that America would sink into a permanent depression because of something like that, because if we did-- they win.

You said it yourself, to move on. But you and many other people give me the impression that it seems to be a running depression.

<i>What 'cha gonna do, brother? What 'cha gonna do when Al-Qaeda is running wild on the USA?</i> (J/k)

I know... I wasn't saying you have to be like OMG THAT IS SO SAD *cries* every 9/11, but at least be like, considerate of those who it affected the most.

We have moved on. You gotta admit it's not like this every day, and it's perfectly fine to remember a tragic event on the anniversary. I'm a little tired of it too, but I still respect the dead. You know that whole "those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it"... Eventually the intensity will die down and there'll probably just be a moment of silence and people be like "Wow that sucked didn't it?" and then go on doing whatever, and probably just get put down in the history books. But we can't stop caring just because we're sick of hearing about it, cuz then who knows, it might happen again.

....You notice that I'm not arguing. *holds up folder with golden stars* ^^;;

I think you have the point. But as Tekirai said, there are people who just don't care. Consider that as well.

And you're being calm on this, that's cool.

LucyMcGonagle wrote:fight nice, children. Fight nice. :wag:

rofl

Tekirai wrote:Sure, it was a huge event, but if it doesn't affect your country...

Exactly. If Colombia or some other country you don't care about gets an earthquake, you guys would still go on with their lives. But I would show a little interest because maybe Peru could get an earthquake eventually. We can just care for what's going around us. That's my opinion.

*listens to Limp Bizkit's <i>Take A Look Around</i>*
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:52 pm

Thats all so true I like the US but I think this place is full of itself. Bad things happen ever day other places around the world and people here don't care. Why are people is the US up in arms because the rest of the world won't stop to remember. I don't think 9-11 was a good thing or something like that but it does go to show how much we think of ourselfs and how little we think of others.
Last edited by Darkness Incarnate on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jedi General » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:12 pm

I'll never forgot 9/11/01. I was living in Washinton, D.C. at the time and sure enough, my dad worked in the Pentegon. Scary, scary day for my family, despite the fact that my dad was on the opposite side of the building when it happened. He said that the building literally rocked when the plane hit when he finally made it home later that day, which is something I'll also never forget. The worse thing was late that night, the air raid siren went off, and there was an announcement about another plane coming into the area. It turned out to be a friendly, but I'll never forget how scary that was.

I've seen both 9/11 films as well, and I must say, I really like them, despite the subject matter at hand. Perfect way for us to never forget that fateful day.

What really bothers me is seeing that people, American people, are sick and tired of all this. I don't mind people in other nations being tired of it as much, as it didn't really cause much of an effect on you. Although, nations that lost innocent citizens as a result of the attacks I think should always remember. We need to remember the past, and remember it vividly, or it's bound to repeat itself.
ImageImageImage
Jedi General offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:33 pm

I was in my high school's drama class when it actually happened. We were to watch it on TV a few hours later. I was crying up a storm. So many innocent lives were lost on that horrible day. I wanted to go home and cry it all out. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddson » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:11 pm

my antie was one of the lucky pepole because she was on the ground floor when one of the plances hit
Two star

TS Duncan SCC

Unit 133
oddson offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:48 pm

Just when I thought it was safe.....9/11 is my B-Day....Some people actually said to me I was one of the bombers daughters...I wanted to kill them so bad.....

Thus, it was a said day. My dad thankfully got out of the towers two hours before it happened.

I thank whoever that said "take a coffee break" to him. Even though he died.....(yes, even though I was in France, my dad worked in New York and came home two months laer and vowed never to work there again. )

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:20 pm

I just wanted to say something. It probably won't mean much, but on September 10, 2006, the French President, Jacques Chirac, wrote a letter commemorating the fifth anniversary of 9/11 shortly before visiting the United States himself. I quote from the letter:
Jacques Chirac wrote:Revolted by these attacks, the hearts of the entire French people went out to the Americans in this ordeal, and at the UN, the entire world rallied to the side of the American people.
It just goes to show that 9/11 really has shaken the world.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

I felt as if this post needed a bump, considering what day it is.

Let us mourn.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Rho » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:55 pm

I heard about it before school that day, had no clue what was going on then. All I knew was there was a tragedy on the east coast.

Then I went to school.. (2nd Grade) and one kid began freaking out beyond belief because her grandma was apparently in New York. From what I recall, turns out she was fine.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rho » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 am

Figured it would be appropriate to bump this thread since it's once again the 9/11 anniversary.

It just goes to show that 9/11 really has shaken the world.

A French journalist said back after the attacks "We are all Americans!".
This really was a big impact and will be in history books for a long time.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 am

Like I said a few years ago, it was a horrible day....but now I'm hearing rumors that it may have been a colluded effort by the government to kill this country.

And the sickest thing is that there is gonna be a MOSQUE built two blocks away from Ground Zero!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 am

Taelia wrote:And the sickest thing is that there is gonna be a MOSQUE built two blocks away from Ground Zero!!

It's not a mosque. It's a community center, which happens to have a place of worship in it. "MOSQUE NEAR GROUND ZERO" are words used by the media to help reinforce the growing anti-Islamic sentiment in America.

Not everyone who is Islamic is extremist and anti-America and a terrorist--just as not all Christians want to deport all non-white Christian people from the US. There are, believe it or not, Americans who are Islamic and were affected just as badly as everyone else.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:51 am

Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:52 am

Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDjDZl1tJo

No, it's a mosque, and lots of people are against it as well as for it.
Last edited by Taelia on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:56 am

Taelia wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDjDZl1tJo

It. Is not. A mosque. A mosque is like a church. This proposed thingy would be a cultural relations center. Not a mosque.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lani » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:16 am

Taelia, dear, you are just reinforcing my point even more.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:23 am

Taelia wrote:[link, because it's already here six times god dammit]

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

If anything, I think that a community center near the site would be a sign that we KNOW that American Muslims were uninvolved and just as hurt by this, but clearly we are still at the level of frenzied scapegoating. Anyone that's trying to push this is just trying to stir up fear and make themselves look better. Even if we have been victimized, that doesn't mean we have to further the pain by victimizing the innocent.

Taelia, kindly do not post anything else in this thread. And please get my work out of your avatar and signature.
Last edited by Carth on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carth offline

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am

I wonder if they know there's been a mosque since before 9/11 like four blocks away....

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN.

:|

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby green » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:29 am

JF wrote:

It. Is not. A mosque. A mosque is like a church. This proposed thingy would be a cultural relations center. Not a mosque.

A cultural relations center that will have it's facilities open to the public for people of ALL religions in an effort to promote religious acceptance in the aftermath of 9/11.

Please, Taelia, explain to me why this is such a bad thing.

I also recommend a new thread, possibly. This topic could easily start eating this one
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:11 pm

You know, there are many famous mass murder cases where the person was Christian. So why didn't the churches near by close down? Those people were Christian, and thats obviously the problem!

Idiot republican redneck racists.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 pm

TheLQ wrote:
Idiot republican redneck racists.

koffkoffHARRYREIDkoff

Remember, stupidity goes beyond party lines.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:11 pm

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

This is NOT a political thread.

This is a thread honoring, remembering and respecting the lives lost in the worst terrorist attack in United States history. There should be no mention of political parties. There should certainly be no mention of contentious political issues.

Let's use this thread for what it was meant for: to take some time out of our lives and pay respect to the nearly 3,000 souls lost that day.

If you want to talk about mosques or party lines or your views on the any of the political parties, for the love of all that is sacred, do it somewhere else.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext