Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm

9/11 - do you remember?

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

9/11 - do you remember?

Postby Taelia » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:14 am

Do you remember 9/11/01? ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:31 am

how can we forget...they tried to destroy our spirit that day...but they never realized how strong our country is, people of all shapes, sizes and colors came together to stand and say no..this is our country, our freedom, and you cant take it away from us. We will not go down without a fight.

RIP to the men and women who lost their lives that day, not only in the towers themselves, but for the ones who died in honor trying to save them..and all of the men and women who gave their lives, previously..in current times, and in the future, for the freedom of this great country.

9/11 A tragic day that united this country, together we shall stand, united by one cause, freedom.

*hugs Taelia*
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko_Nerd » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:32 am

yes i do, but i still can't believe that we get off opf school for dead presidents rather then a day when someone we know could have died, i wnat to skip today but my parents would kill me.
Ryoma- mada mada Dane
Tezuka- 20 laps, NOW!
Momo- Viper!
Kadioh- ssshh
Eiji- up up
Fuji- hehe
Inui- Inui juice-evil glare-
Kawamura- BURNING!
Oishi- Temperary captain I will be.
Prince of Tennis Regulars quotes
Lyoko_Nerd offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:08 am

well..school is important though LN...just remember this day in your heart and mind, but keep on rollin...:)
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:03 am

I"m trying not to think about...goddess. 9/11 was probably the weridest day of my life. THe worst part is when we first found out, some of the people in my class thought it was a radio prank (that's where it was said first) and started laughing. I didn't know what to think, so I just ignored it. Then later on in the day, they announced it...saddest day of highschool, I swear.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:43 am

yep, I remember exactly where I was, I wont ever forget it, I just wanted it all to be a dream, but it wasnt...I didnt know what to feel I was so stunned...I was very sad once it set in what had actually happened..when the towers fell, thats when it really set in.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:46 am

I didn't cry until I got home. Then I saw it on T.V...and lost it. It's just like...OMG, this is horriable. :wahh2: :crying2: :omg:

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 am

Yeah, it was very hard to keep myself contained ;__;
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:12 am

My english teacher, this big, ex army guy ( he was also one of the goofiest people I've ever known) he cried. Right there, when they annonced over the loud speakers. It just showed how much it effected everyone.

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:17 am

We all cried and hugged each other, it was just heart and gut wrenching. ;__;
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyChaos » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:22 am

I had just sat down in 3rd period study hall (junior year) when another student walked in and asked "Hey, can we watch TV about that plane hitting that building" <---exact wording. So the teacher turned on the TV and we watched that. The whole day in school we were watching the TV in our classrooms. Heck, there was even a TV in the cafeteria... made it rather difficult to eat.

However, by the next year, I was sick of hearing about it. The other night I did watch something on Discovery about it; but otherwise I'm sick and tired of hearing about September 11. I'd like my birth month to go back to not having such a negative event always one of the first things mentioned when people think of September now.
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:31 am

Yeah, I agree..I mean, I remember the people..keep the events in my heart, but I am sick of hearing about this, and hurricane Katrina #2..argh.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:32 am

I got to watch it in school, too. It was during my second hour American Government class when the first plane hit. Being a government class, we started discusiing possible outcomes, all while keeping the TV on for updates. Then, between second and third hours, the second plane hit. Third hour was a total mess. It was an Honors English class, and we could not stop watching the TV. We made no pretense of trying to carry on an actual class. Then, the first tower fell, and my teacher said" Oh f---" and that about summed it up. After that, teachers were discouraged from letting us watch the TV for any news. It wasn't until I got home I knew the second tower had fallen. I was heartbroken. On this, the 5th anniversary of the attacks, we need to remember we are still vulnerable for the same reasons we were back then - America as a country is too full of itself, too busy thinking about being high and mighty to see the tiny fissures in their armor. Take 9/11 as a sound warning, and remember - we are never safe.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:36 am

true Stonecreek...but then again, there is fighting spirit and patriotism mixed in with that...its a mixed bowl.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyChaos » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:46 am

Stonecreek wrote:On this, the 5th anniversary of the attacks, we need to remember we are still vulnerable for the same reasons we were back then - America as a country is too full of itself, too busy thinking about being high and mighty to see the tiny fissures in their armor. Take 9/11 as a sound warning, and remember - we are never safe.

I know, even while I'm typing this, that someone isn't going to be very happy about it... but I just saw this 15 minutes ago, and seeing what Stonecreek wrote immediately made me think of it. A post on my favourite LiveJournal community
The possibility of something else happening is so low...
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:49 am

LadyChaos wrote:
Stonecreek wrote:On this, the 5th anniversary of the attacks, we need to remember we are still vulnerable for the same reasons we were back then - America as a country is too full of itself, too busy thinking about being high and mighty to see the tiny fissures in their armor. Take 9/11 as a sound warning, and remember - we are never safe.

I know, even while I'm typing this, that someone isn't going to be very happy about it... but I just saw this 15 minutes ago, and seeing what Stonecreek wrote immediately made me think of it. A post on my favourite LiveJournal community
The possibility of something else happening is so low...

I know, I know...I'm just urging a change in mindset from complacent to active. Another attack of 9/11's magnitude is not likely to happen anytime soon. But we need to be more prepared than we were back then. A heightened awareness is a good thing. Bush's "freaking out" is not.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:53 am

He makes decisions way too hastily, and its costing everyone dearly...but I wont jump into politics..I avoid that in discussions.. ;)
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TL. » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:58 pm

By the official rules of Lyokofreak, laid down the great Erynn, is thread should be lock...as we already have one here. But I think the rules wouldn't be enforced on this issue.

But let’s see, it was 2.46pm (GMT) when the first plane hit the tower. I was in a PE lesson at school. Ten minutes later, a guy called Robert got a nose bleed. But none of the people in school knew anything of the attacks until they got home. I got home at 4,10pm and saw my Mum and little sister were waiting at the top of the drive for TB3 and me. We were having a good laugh about how the bus driver was an SOB and thinking "What are they doing there?" Once they told us, usual staff happened, watching the BBC and Skynews for several hours, saying OMG over and over, Rest is history. By six, I had got board of it walked off. TB3 was a bit more…verbal about it.

In Britain today, unless you watch the news or lost someone that day, September 11th is any other normal day. Heck, my media class in college forgot about the minute silence at 11am until we went for lunch at 1pm. Its only when you listen to Scott Mills on Radio 1 on the way home or watch the news at 6 in the evening, you realise; "Oh, its September 11th." You just forget these things in Britain. I even went through July 7th without thinking of terrorist bombings.
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:08 pm

I'd say let the thread live.

<b>But I'm sick of hearing of 9/11.</b> Remembering it by 2002, that's okay because 1 year passed by. But still remembering it, that gets dull. The terrorists should have crashed their airplanes on Real Madrid and Chelsea football teams instead of wasting them on two big towers. If they really wanted to damage USA, they should have launched a space ship and crashed it over there. Bigger damage, more deaths. In the end, this planet has got more destructive weapons rather than defensive ones.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby TL. » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:19 pm

MakeYourself wrote:But I'm sick of hearing of 9/11.</b> Remembering it by 2002, that's okay because 1 year passed by. But still remembering it, that gets dull.

Here here. Move on from the past.
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Darkborn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:28 pm

Even though I am American (Irish Born) I really don't give a woop about it.
Like I said the day after it...

"Oh lah dee dah"
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:42 pm

@TL, Rodri: That's only because you don't live here. September 11 is something that America will never forget. (And honestly? That sounds extremely apathetic. You don't -care- that all those people died? Or you just wouldn't care unless half the population was killed off?)

I remember when it happened. I was in like 5th grade and all of a sudden the teachers started like leaving their classrooms and chattering in the halls but they wouldn't tell us what happened... I didn't find out until my mom picked me up and I heard it on the radio. It was like really scary but I wasn't sure what to think about it at the time.. (I was like 9! Sheesh. >>) Now I guess the weight of it is more obvious to me, after hearing so many stories of people who'd lost someone in the attack...

Of course, even though it will forever remain a sad day in our history, we do move on. I would shudder to think that America would sink into a permanent depression because of something like that, because if we did-- they win.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dairall » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:22 pm

I live in Europe. I remember. Brings slight tears to my face. Too much lifes. 911, where are you now? Think about it. Even on Google videos it's popular.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501 You HAVE to watch this. 9/11. A day I'll never forget.
Image Most people's lifes.

That morning, 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda[2] hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. Each team of hijackers included a trained pilot. Two planes (United Airlines Flight 175 and American Airlines Flight 11) crashed into the World Trade Center in New York City, one plane into each tower (One and Two). Both towers collapsed within two hours. The pilot of the third team crashed American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia. Passengers and members of the flight crew on the fourth aircraft (United Airlines Flight 93) attempted to retake control of their plane from the hijackers; that plane crashed into a field near the town of Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania. As well as the 19 hijackers, a confirmed 2,973 people died and another 24 remain missing as a result of these attacks.
Sad, hu?
"Simms! I'm gonna need three hundred copies of your a*s by the four o-clock meeting!"
"Yes sir!"
"And try to keep your b*lls off the glass this time!"
Dairall offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:@TL, Rodri: That's only because you don't live here. September 11 is something that America will never forget. (And honestly? That sounds extremely apathetic. You don't -care- that all those people died? Or you just wouldn't care unless half the population was killed off?)

Ahem... there might be other people that are from USA that are sick of the subject. I know it really hurt the so-called pride of USA, but I did cared a bit for a while when the subject was a hot topic (no pun intended) during its time. But to remember it constantly gets tiring. Of course, I knew that today September 11th will be remembered, but it's like I don't want it to get shoved in my face constantly. At this point, I think to not even care if any of your parents (or even mine) were in any of those planes.

Ni al Nesesconaci wrote:Of course, even though it will forever remain a sad day in our history, we do move on. I would shudder to think that America would sink into a permanent depression because of something like that, because if we did-- they win.

You said it yourself, to move on. But you and many other people give me the impression that it seems to be a running depression.

<i>What 'cha gonna do, brother? What 'cha gonna do when Al-Qaeda is running wild on the USA?</i> (J/k)
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:03 pm

MakeYourself wrote:At this point, I think to not even care if any of your parents (or even mine) were in any of those planes.
How could you say that? I'm not American, but I feel so sad for those who died. Death is scary because it's the one thing humans can never figure out.

I remember that day when I went downstairs only to see a projected image of the World Trade Center with a huge hole in it on my television screen. I was only eight years old, so I wasn't that sad because of my immaturity. But it's so sad to think that evil really does exist out there somewhere, that evil will be willing to sacrifice some of its own just to fill the world with fear. Over a year after the 9/11 attacks, I went to China. On my return plane to the United States, my flight got delayed for a few minutes. I feared that hijackers were trying to kill the pilots and crash the plane into some other tall building. Also, my parents say that I'll probably go to China again next summer, with a stop in Japan. I sat on my bed for about 20-30 minutes in fear of hijackers, even though the trip was to take place in exactly one year and there's a low chance that hijackers would sabotage a flight to Japan. 9/11 didn't affect just New Yorkers; it shocked the entire world. This summer, in Canada, on the highway, I heard a song on the radio about 9/11. That just goes to show that other countries are just as sad as the United States.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Next