Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Silent Hill- the Video Game

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:01 am

Pyramid Head has got to be my favorite monster in the entire series. When I played SH2, I was terrified thinking that he might show up at any moment. And then, when there were two of them... I nearly died :D.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:38 am

ese mae wrote:Pyramid Head has got to be my favorite monster in the entire series. When I played SH2, I was terrified thinking that he might show up at any moment. And then, when there were two of them... I nearly died :D.

What...there's TWO of those things?!
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:25 am

SPOILER

LucyMcGonagle wrote:
ese mae wrote:Pyramid Head has got to be my favorite monster in the entire series. When I played SH2, I was terrified thinking that he might show up at any moment. And then, when there were two of them... I nearly died :D.

What...there's TWO of those things?!

Yes.... Their are two.... but only at the end.... a red and a brown one.....
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:54 pm

And you have to fight *gulp* both of them? I thought you fight the ghost of Mary or whatever.... When she turns into that disgusting box thing...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:36 pm

That's only after you fight the two Pyramid Heads. Muahahaha...
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reesane » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:51 pm

That reminds me....

Why on eath does PH never run? All he does is walk, even when he's not wealding that huge knife of a sword. Is it because in order to run, the shift in his senter of gravity would cause him to fall over?

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:53 pm

I think when something approaches slowly, it gives more fear, because it makes you apprehencive. And I think Silent Hill is more about fear than actual gameplay...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:31 pm

Yes but it also depends on which difficulty level you're playing. In hard mode, he and the rest of the monsters are faster.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:33 pm

oh...and that's why I am on the easy mode...

I wanna play all 4 now...or...well....5, since origans is coming out in the winter...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:37 pm

I wanted to play SH1 today and I was a little shocked when I realized... it doesn't work anymore.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:40 pm

Why?

And you know what's really sad? You know that one piano solo they have during alot of the dialogue (like in season 2, when you talk to Angala for the second time, in that hotel or whatever)? I can play that now...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:43 pm

Wow really? That's actually very cool. Congratulations then. Though I guess you meant SH2 and not season 2. ;) (Force of habit, I know)

And I don't know why my game doesn't work... :(

On another note, I've just discovered there's a monster in SH named Creeper.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:50 pm

lol! Seriously?

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:29 pm

Yes, hehe. Creepers are some oversized bugs that appear on SH1 and SH2 (I just never knew their name). I think they also appear in the movie briefly.

And on yet another note, I found some interesting pics...

Cybil
Heather
James
Maria
Maria 2
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reesane » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:18 pm

Maria 2 looks evil..... O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Ghost Guest » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:52 pm

*bump*

Found some interesting videos on youtube that I think fans of the games would like to watch. I know I do...

Making of Silent Hill 2

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Making of Silent Hill 3

Full video ---> This one is a big video, so it takes a while to show...

And a silly one:
Pyramid Head, a music fan?
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Gauntlet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:02 pm

How did I ever miss this thread? I am aggrieved and ashamed.

Anyways yeah, nice videos there. I don't remember SH2 that well, so I can only recount SH3 and 4 well, but nonetheless, great games. I really wish I could play SH2 again, but I haven't had the time to pick it up lately. I never got to finish SH4, but that was exceptionally freaky, since it was the first one that I picked up (and coincidentally, the one I never finished). I decided to pick up the shabby doll and got that baby haunting--I became sick, mainly from hearing those babies and thinking how ugly it looked, not because they were annoying, but because of how...disturbing it actually was.

Cool. I know.

SH3 is most definitely my favorite, though SH2 wins out for it's psychological terrors and story. SH3 was a little bit shorter than I would have liked, and not enough endings, but overall, pretty fun game. I liked Heather a lot, just because she wasn't an innocent little girl (like they had planned, thank God they went with something else), but Claudia really does take the cake. Dalia saw her actions as necessary and acceptable, but Claudia saw things as necessary, though terrible. It really did add a lot of depth to her(Claudia) character.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ambitiouslove » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:41 pm

I liked the Silent Hill series a lot. It didn't really scare me as much as I thought it would. The soundtrack was very intense :)

I started with SH3. I liked Heather's character, but her voice kind of grated on my nerves. I like how much she grew as a person... but I really liked all the fun costumes and outfits you could get for her xD
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Gauntlet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:48 pm

ambitiouslove wrote:I started with SH3. I liked Heather's character, but her voice kind of grated on my nerves. I like how much she grew as a person... but I really liked all the fun costumes and outfits you could get for her xD

Princess Heart anybody? *twirls in a circle clumsily*

I thought her voice was nice, but their dubbing was a little weird at times. Douglas and Vincent had the most problems lip-syncing I felt, but I thought their voices were fitting. It's a shame Douglas' VA, Richard Grosse, passed away, though; I really did like his raspy-yet-slightly-morphine-addicted sounding voice, and his character even more. The backstory with him and his son was pretty deep, and that scene in the Amusement Park, after he broke his leg, was pretty genuine I felt (as was the Daisy Villa apartment scene).

I can't really think of much else to mention at the moment, but eh...any ideas for SH5? I'm hoping we'll get a glimpse of it at E3, but it's unlikely, seeing how they're working on 0rigins and the Arcade version, I don't think they'll have time to introduce anything new. It's been about 3 years now, hasn't it?
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ghost Guest » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 pm

St. Gauntlet wrote:How did I ever miss this thread? I am aggrieved and ashamed.

Ha. I remember seeing your avatar or signature once and thinking you'd post here eventually.

Anyway, speaking of psychological terror, the next SH game is supposed to be quite similar to SH2 in that department. I have high hopes for it. On a different note, the reason why I bumped this thread is because I'm replaying SH1 (finally have the time) and I thought I wouldn't get freaked out because of the outdated graphics and because I have already played in the past. Let me tell ya, that isn't the case. :pale:
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ambitiouslove » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 pm

I liked Douglas's voice as well. The story about his son felt so sudden to me that it seemed more like a lie than the truth... but that's just me, lol. He was a hard character to trust and I always had this feeling like he has to be the one who's going to backstab Heather.

I didn't like Heather's voice, because it seemes to be the trend to make all young female adults have really high, attitude filled voices (ie. Ashley from Resident Evil 4). D: That's just kind of how I feel though. The only 19 year old voice I've ever liked was Claire's from Resident Evil (sorry for the mention of RE in a SH thread, it's my favorite series and all I can think of on the top of my head right now ;o_o).
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Gauntlet » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:13 pm

ambitiouslove wrote:I liked Douglas's voice as well. The story about his son felt so sudden to me that it seemed more like a lie than the truth... but that's just me, lol. He was a hard character to trust and I always had this feeling like he has to be the one who's going to backstab Heather.

I didn't like Heather's voice, because it seemes to be the trend to make all young female adults have really high, attitude filled voices (ie. Ashley from Resident Evil 4). D: That's just kind of how I feel though. The only 19 year old voice I've ever liked was Claire's from Resident Evil (sorry for the mention of RE in a SH thread, it's my favorite series and all I can think of on the top of my head right now ;o_o).

Ah, I see. Pretty much the only games I have played in recent years have been Soul Calibur, Silent Hill, and Mortal Kombat, so I can't compare any helium-induced angsty female voices to Heather.

And yeah, about SH5, I'm looking forward to that psychological terror. I really hope we get to see a female protagonist, though. Harry, James, and Henry were interesting, but I would like to see more women. It's not "hear purty gurl masheen gun 4 u go kik but", but female protagonists who actually have a dark past (similar to James, or Angela more accurately) would be interesting to see.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:01 am

Omg, I discovered my new favorite creepy place in SH3: THe Baily Haunted Mansion. CREEPY!!! Kinda funny too.

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:04 pm

St. Gauntlet wrote:And yeah, about SH5, I'm looking forward to that psychological terror. I really hope we get to see a female protagonist, though. Harry, James, and Henry were interesting, but I would like to see more women. It's not "hear purty gurl masheen gun 4 u go kik but", but female protagonists who actually have a dark past (similar to James, or Angela more accurately) would be interesting to see.

That's what I find so appealing about SH in general, the charaters are ordinary people... troubled indeed, but ordinary. With no military training whatsoever (and that's why their aim isn't that good). <s>Unlike Resident Evil, where everyone is an unrealistic highly trained superhuman... with big guns.</s>

LadyLucy wrote:Omg, I discovered my new favorite creepy place in SH3: THe Baily Haunted Mansion. CREEPY!!! Kinda funny too.

Could you get out of there alive? The first time I tried, I couldn't.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Gauntlet » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:33 pm

ese mae wrote:That's what I find so appealing about SH in general, the charaters are ordinary people... troubled indeed, but ordinary. With no military training whatsoever (and that's why their aim isn't that good). <s>Unlike Resident Evil, where everyone is an unrealistic highly trained superhuman... with big guns.</s>

Most definitely. I have never played a Resident Evil game, but just by reading that strikeout text makes it feel horrid. It doesn't look that interesting, either, based on what I've read on Wikipedia.

But yeah. I'm kind of hoping they move away from the Cult a bit, as much as I like them. Their involvement is nice, but making The Order the focus of 3 games (soon to be 4, with 0rigins coming out) makes them a bit bland. I haven't played SH2 in quite a while, but now I'm really starting to get an itch to play it again. Going to have to make a stop by Gamestop today and pick it up.

So have any of you tried fan fiction for Silent Hill? I had plans to write one this summer, but I haven't had a chance to actually sit down and enjoy it. It would be difficult to match that Silent Hill smidge--you know the one, where every Silent Hill fan sees a an item, and at first glance, it looks worthless, but then it turns out to be a symbolic reference (Pyramid Head's sword, anyone?)--and be able to pull it off without cheapening things. It'd definitely be something I'd like to try, though.

Ah, and for any of you who enjoy (good) fan fiction, I would recommend this. It's a novelization of Silent Hill 3, and though it's not yet completed, I feel it's an exceptional piece of work.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext