Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm

Silent Hill- the Video Game

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby ambitiouslove » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:57 pm

ese mae wrote:<s>Unlike Resident Evil, where everyone is an unrealistic highly trained superhuman... with big guns.</s>

They're supposed to be ^^;
The characters from the first game are from an elite team called S.T.A.R.S. "Special Tactics and Rescue Service" and are the RE's version of SWAT teams. They are trained on a higher level of training, and most of the members have had military training (for example one member has had Delta Force training, which is one of the highest levels of training one can get in the military. They are trained to do the rescue and missions you don't see on tv and if they are caught, the government will act like they never existed). There are characters who are mercenaries, fugitives, etc... it's very police/military/government oriented unlike SH, so most of the characters know how to use weapons (but you do still use hand-to-hand weaponry). If you've ever heard of RE: Outbreak, there are characters who are like everyone else... a college student, subway worker, waitress.... but also a cop and Vietnam War vet.

But even though I've mentioned Resident Evil, I would never try to compare the games to each other. They are both too different and good in their own aspects. ^^;
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:55 pm

They just offer a different approach to survival horror, you know. And I happen to prefer SH's, but that's just my personal opinion. I'm not one of those fans that hates the RE franchise just because somehow I'm supposed to. ^^

And Gauntlet, thanks for the link, I'll try to read it.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby ambitiouslove » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Of course :) I agree with you.
That's what I was saying in my post ^^;
ambitiouslove offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:41 am

LadyLucy wrote:Omg, I discovered my new favorite creepy place in SH3: THe Baily Haunted Mansion. CREEPY!!! Kinda funny too.

Could you get out of there alive? The first time I tried, I couldn't.[/quote]

I survived, but barely. I couldn't figure out the red stuff was evil the first time...O.o...

"We want you to stay here...for ever...."

Other than the ghost-red fog thing, the Baily Mansion is rather fun. Just another haunted house...it was fun. I giggled most of the way through it.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 pm

Quick update...

It seems like they have given a teaser for Silent Hill 5 at E3.

Krauss exits the stage as he introduces a new trailer for... Silent Hill V! They were right, that was fairly unexpected.

Producer William Ortell is now onstage to talk about the new Silent Hill, coming to "next-generation platforms."

"Sharp interactive visuals, a chilling soundtrack." You play Alex Sheppard, a soldier returning from combat overseas. Sheppard returns to find his father missing and his mother catatonic.

Only his brother Joshua can provide solace, but then wouldn't you know it--Joshua vanishes too. You'll embark on a quest to find your brother, and probably whack a bunch of really disturbing monsters with blunt objects as well.

Fans will be happy to know Ortell has stated that series creator and longtime sound designer is returning to provide the soundtrack for Silent Hill V. Applause follows.

No gameplay, just smoke, some narration, and the logo.

I think the image lost some quality, nevertheless, I am totally ecstatic right now. I'm getting a feeling that will be a PS3 exclusive (not sure about the 360, but it probably won't be available for the PS2), but agh, I just have to blow the money to get it now. I'm really interested in the fact that they're using a soldier this time--it's very different from your average Joes and Janes, and yet, it's still...normal. It will definitely be interesting to get a glimpse of this guy's head.

Waiting to get some more information regarding SH5.

Edit: Two new images.

IGN article.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ghost Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:50 pm

Cool... I'm a little disappointed that Team Silent will not be involved in the game though, but watcha gonna do...
They're seriously taking a risk here by making the protagonist a soldier. With the fans, I mean. Although it's interesting that the guy is carrying the good old steel pipe, it tells you that he won't be kicking monster butt right from the start. Anyway, I hope that turns out for the best.
Also, I can't wait to see what kinds of puzzles there'll be. SH4 let many people down in that department so I hope this will be a return to form. Can't wait to learn more about this as well. :D
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:41 am

Me too. I can't wait till it comes out. I miss my Silent hilll :(

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:58 am

no imagination wrote:Cool... I'm a little disappointed that Team Silent will not be involved in the game though, but watcha gonna do...
They're seriously taking a risk here by making the protagonist a soldier. With the fans, I mean. Although it's interesting that the guy is carrying the good old steel pipe, it tells you that he won't be kicking monster butt right from the start. Anyway, I hope that turns out for the best.
Also, I can't wait to see what kinds of puzzles there'll be. SH4 let many people down in that department so I hope this will be a return to form. Can't wait to learn more about this as well. :D

I'm somewhat curious at to how they're going about with this Alex Sheppard fellow. I'm hoping it'll share some characteristics with Silent Hill 2, storyline-wise at least. SH3 was the most audiovisually appealing, in my opinion, while SH4 was definitely the most nerve-wracking (at least for the claustrophobics, like me). The "I'm going to Silent Hill to find my loved one" is somewhat old, but either way, it's still great.

I'm also interested in how far they can push things with the fifth generation consoles. I'd be interested in pushing these things to the max; exploring the town of Silent Hill, some advanced form of gameplay, and, of course, mastering the audiovisual aspects. I also hope they go for multiple endings ala Silent Hill 2, where your in-game actions play a direct role in deciding your ending.

We can only hope, and wait for more updates. Seems like SH:Arcade and SH:0 (the latter of which seems to be shaping up quite nicely) are garnering more attention at the moment, though I'm not complaining.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Randomly...apperently they're making a new movie based on Silent Hill 3...but with some strange alterations....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnclXPSlA2I
What do you guys think?
I really do wanna see it...even though they apparently enjoy screwing with the formula...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Silent Hill- the Video Game

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:47 pm

oh wow... i don't even remember those posts of mine up there. i take back what i said then. RE is just awful.

i haven't seen this new movie but the first SH movie was pretty lame and i reckon this sequel will be too. SH is supposed to be psychological horror and i don't think this director knows how to do that (then again, i think SH's story can only be properly told through the video game format).
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:02 pm

I agree. It got really bad reviews, which makes me sad. SH3 was the best out of all of them- in my opinion- and they still totally killed most of it. I still sorta wanna see it when it comes on TV just to see HOW bad it is, but yeah.
I like Alice from RE, but...it's just sort of become another zombie franchize. ^^; Or maybe it was already that way. Silent Hill really isn't monsters. It's more about the monsters in ourselves.
Or something.... XD

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 am

haha you know, that's actually a good description. and it suits SH2 especially well, i think.

it's too bad the franchise has been going down the drain lately. well i did like SH downpour but did you see the last game, book of memories? it's a dungeon crawl in which you fight monsters from the old games with spells and stuff. :no:
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 am

O.O Spells?! In Silent HIll?! THat's reaaaly freaking werid. It's like their taking a hit from Wizards 101 or something >.< I mean....they do kinda talk about black magic and spells in the first one, but that's alll twined in that religion with Alessa and everything. No one does spells.
Wow...
I had heard Downpour was good though. They still need to send it back to Konami. ^^;

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm

it won't happen though... for better or for worse we're stuck with western developers and their steorid junkie version of pyramid head.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 pm

XD That's a good way of describing the whole thing. It's just godawful now. I used to get all excited when that Silent HIll logo appeared to advertise the next game, but now it's just...meh. The trinity of awesome is gone now, so there's no awesome left. At least we still have the lets plays and the sound tracks. ^^;

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36 pm

the soundtracks are great, aren't they? although i've only listened to the OSTs from SH2, SH3, SH4 and downpour so far. actually that last one was composed by a new guy, who also writes the music for the show dexter. he's really cool.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:15 pm

I've never seen Dexter, but apparently it's a good show. It fits that the writer for a horror TV show would be good at writing the music for SH, if he can match what the geniuses at Konami did.

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous