Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 pm

Overwhelmed (sp?)

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Is there any hope for my life? (read first)

yes
20%
no
20%
your not alone
20%
Watch some Trigun...it will help.
40%

Total votes : 5

Overwhelmed (sp?)

Postby Little Vili » Sat May 28, 2005 11:55 pm

Have you ever been a fan of something (such as an anime show, or manga), and went on the internet, and joined the forum(s) that were related to it, and felt like it was too much?

When ever I join a forum, I feel as though as though I have to been on all the time so I dont fall behind, but at the same time, I feel as though I spend too much time online. I need someone who could help me decide on what to do. I love going to forums, but I dont want it to be my life.

I feel so lost right now. There is so much I want to do, and the more I think about it, the more I think I never can. I now know why its good to take life one day at a time, otherwise you could go crazy (which I think I am). I think I love anime and manga too much, is that it?

Also, aol parental controls dont allow me to go on some sites (that really gets me going!) and when that happens, Im forced to ask my mom to unlock them (so I may never get to see them. I feel like Ill always be a noob when I join a big forum, so I tend to stay away. I feel as though Ill never be caught up to my own expectations of myself.

Have any of you ever felt this way about anything? And if so, how did you get past it and not feel as lost or overwhelmed? I know I cant join every manga, or anime site out there, but even just a few take up so much time (time I dont/may never have).

Aiyaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I dont know what to do!!!! :help: :explode: :wahh:
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Sun May 29, 2005 1:02 am

Hey, it's gonna be fine. It's not even that big of a deal. Just enjoy what you can do, and when it gets to the point that it feels like too much, go outside for a breath of fresh air for a moment and forget about the internet completely.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Yizzy » Sun May 29, 2005 1:21 am

Yes,I have I really dont want any online activities to become my life.But I love chatting about anime or manga on certain sites.I do have a life outside the computer and I entend not to waste it.

I hate falling behind on things and feel like I am an idiot if I dont catch up causing me to stick to this forum and many others hoping it wont happen again.But by doing this me and others dont realize how we may be troubleing people who will fall behind.

I say that you should always put "your life" first and if you have any free time then you are more then welcome to do things online if you please.I am sorry about your problem with your parental controls and I cant really relate to your situation that much.No one has to be super active but at least semi-active whenever you can.
[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby DL » Sun May 29, 2005 10:01 am

watch some Trigun it will help

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Sun May 29, 2005 12:59 pm

Thanks YIS and Erin (lol...DL too...and I did watch Trigun, since its back on CN). Your right, I need a breath of fresh air to clear my head. I used to go on for fun, now it almost feels like I have to do it. I cant forget why I went on in the first place, to have fun.

I know now its not a good idea to join every anime forum I see. There are millions of fans out there, and I cant keep up with them all. I should just join a couple, and only the ones I know Ill have fun at. Tvtome was once like that, I used to enjoy going on and talking with you guys, but now it has rotted over and lost the energy it once had.

After I went on here and posted this, I went into a deep thought session, and sorted most of it out. And after a good nights sleep, I feel much better. I went from :cussout: to :hello:. Thank god thats over. :music:
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Mon May 30, 2005 10:16 am

good...glad we could help...(bangs head on table)...damn!...I just missed my date...noooo...it took me like a week to ask her out... ;__; wait...no that is tomorrow...forget it :hatguy:

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Mon May 30, 2005 7:59 pm

hahahahahahah...sorry, but...hahaha, thats funny...good luck with it.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Tue May 31, 2005 11:01 am

Don't worry about it V. You just need to take a break. Listen you have been a good friend to me and everybody esle, so I can see why you whould want to come here everyday, cause this site is the bomb. But it's not your life!!! IT"S NOT YOUR JOB!!! Don't let it control you. Do what the others said and go out. I go out everyday. You just can't be on-line 24/7. So take a break, and enjoy your life cause it can go away at any time.

Just some friendly advise for your #1 Boy :D :D :D
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Little Vili » Tue May 31, 2005 5:10 pm

Thanks O-Boy...yeah, I do need to step out now and then (especially over the summer...I want to lose some weight, not be a couch potato). I guess we just need an equal serving of each food on this plate. Too much desert is bad for you.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak