Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 am

Adventure Time

Anything goes here, so long as it's clean and follows standard forum rules.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Adventure Time

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 am

I scoured the General Discussion forum and couldn't find a thread for this show. Looking through the search results I did, it seems a fair few of us watch this show. So, better late than never (it being the 5th season already and all...), let's have some AT discussion time!

Personally, the music got me into the show. I heard Olivia Olson singing the Fry song and had to know what heck this show was all about. 100+ episodes later, I'm not sure I have an answer to that question, nor do I care - I'm having one heck of a time enjoying the ride. My favorite (recent) episode has to be I Remember You. The feels, man, the feels.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Re: Adventure Time

Postby Soul Jelly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm so behind on Adventure Time. I keep meaning to have a marathon to get myself up to date, but lacking the time/energy. XD

But YES I LOVE IT SO MUCH. And Bubblegum/Marceline is my OTP. The whimsical presentation of the show, and the music, and the humour, is just everything that appeals to me. It's the kind of thing that I knew would be right up my alley the moment I first saw it, and it hasn't disappointed.
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Soul Jelly wrote:I'm so behind on Adventure Time. I keep meaning to have a marathon to get myself up to date, but lacking the time/energy. XD

But YES I LOVE IT SO MUCH. And Bubblegum/Marceline is my OTP. The whimsical presentation of the show, and the music, and the humour, is just everything that appeals to me. It's the kind of thing that I knew would be right up my alley the moment I first saw it, and it hasn't disappointed.

Bubbline/Sugarless Gum is just one of many of my OTPs. Not much quality fanfiction out there for the pair, though. The fandom's obsession with the genderbent episode is a bit much, though. Sure, the episode was great, but it seems there's just as much work out there with Fionna as Finn. And with another genderbent episode coming up mid-February, it will only increase. I am really looking forward to it, though.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:10 pm

I got Seasons 1-3 on my laptop back when I was dorming, and I really enjoyed what I've seen. At some point, I need to finish what I have before moving onto the latest seasons.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Stonecreek » Wed May 01, 2013 1:03 am

Overall, I feel this season so far has not been as strong as the previous two. It might have to do with Rebecca Sugar leaving the show to go do her own thing, or maybe the writers are running out of fresh ideas. While the show is still very enjoyable, I am not surprised or wowed by what they pull anymore. Maybe the novelty's wearing off for me?

tl;dr - Is there a downturn in quality in AT?

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby MrGreen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 am

There's this episode where they show a girl named Jake junior, which is the illegitimate daughter of Jake and Lady Raimicorn, in the beginning of the episode.

MrGreen offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:46 pm

So, is anyone still watching this, now that CL is no longer going? There've been two 8-episode mini-series since the forum lockage that we could all discuss...

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline