Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am

A Eulogy for Lyoko Freak

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Re: A Eulogy for Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm going to miss everyone Stone - and surfing LF this evening, remembering past glories, really brought back some happy memories :) - I had good friends here, and some of them are among my closest friends to this day.

And thats it from me - in the words of Walter Cronkite - good night and good luck :hello:
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyoko Computer » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:18 pm

I enjoyed reading everyone's backstory with LF. The deadline is here but we haven't settled on future of the site.

Nhjm, long time no see! I would be happy to let nhjm host a copy/archive of the site. He was one of the original admins at Tech Links alongside Warton and Comex. It is up to you guys whether you want it to be read-only or what, but it would be in good hands with him.

I'll email nhjm (your gmail) and try to work this out. In the meantime the site will stay up.
Lyoko Computer offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Lyoko Computer wrote:I enjoyed reading everyone's backstory with LF. The deadline is here but we haven't settled on future of the site.

Nhjm, long time no see! I would be happy to let nhjm host a copy/archive of the site. He was one of the original admins at Tech Links alongside Warton and Comex. It is up to you guys whether you want it to be read-only or what, but it would be in good hands with him.

I'll email nhjm (your gmail) and try to work this out. In the meantime the site will stay up.

With the lack of traffic 'round these parts, read-only seems like the way to go. I dunno about any of the technical aspects, though, of keeping it as is or switching it over or whatnot.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby TB3 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:25 pm

I for one would support an archive of the site - it would be a shame to see everything that we did here slip away, devirtualised within the Digital Sea...
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm definitely in support of an archive. Read-only would make the most sense, I think.

Would it be possible to set it up so the archive could be accessed at the same domain as LF is now? If not, I think the domain should be preserved as well - at least for a while, with a link to the archive.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby axslayer33 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Hey, just to keep in touch I created a steam group for amongst ourselves. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/lyokofreak
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lyoko Computer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Nhjm was sent a copy of everything. He wants to set up a read-only version of the current site, so you could still log in and see portions you have access to now. I'll keep you guys updated on his progress. Once he gets close, I'll switch the domain over to it.
Lyoko Computer offline

Postby nodsviper » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Didn't expect so many people to come back.

Thank you for working on an archive guys!
nodsviper offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby nhjm449 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi all,

The site has now been transitioned over to my server. Please let me know if you find anything broken or if I've forgotten something.

Registration has been disabled. All forums but Site Discussion have been locked. phpBB has been upgraded to the latest minor version. Emails should™ no longer appear in your spam folder.

Things I still need to do:

• Disable registration/posting and remove some of the recent spam from LFF
  • Disable registration/editing on the wiki
  • Add some sort of "this is an archive" notice to all pages
  • Eventually perhaps work on some sort of tool that generates static copies of all the public content, while maintaining existing URL schemes and leaving the ability to log in to see private content
  • Eventually perhaps generate some crazy XML dump of all the public content in case anyone wants it

And if any admin needs server access, just let me know.

If in the future anyone ever needs to contact me (outside of PMs), feel free to email me. Username at gmail.

-NhJm
moo.

nhjm449 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby axslayer33 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:29 pm

If no one else minds, then I'll just go ahead and make the final post.

Been good chatting with you guys....last one out, hit the lights.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Exploder » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:25 am

Imagine my dismay when I randomly decided to pop in and see if anyone was still posting here.

But I suppose all good things must come to an end.

Thank you LF for the memories and the wonderful times I had on this site since I joined in 2005.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Wishing Lyoko Freak a Happy Easter on the only area of the forum I still can. Dunno why the nostalgia struck me today to come here, but maybe I'll start one final last post war...if anyone's still out there.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby knifey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:12 am

Stonecreek wrote:Wishing Lyoko Freak a Happy Easter on the only area of the forum I still can. Dunno why the nostalgia struck me today to come here, but maybe I'll start one final last post war...if anyone's still out there.
You're telling me, brah. I've been struck with tons of nostalgia myself thanks to South Park and once I have free time I'm gonna take a look at all my old posts and see how much I regret posting.

I think the size of this image breaks forum rules but I have an image that describes how I feel bout that rule and maybe I'll post it later.

:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LyokoMan95 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:26 am

Happy new year?
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Happy birthday, SilverPrince/Lyoko422/Ben!

Oh, and happy late Easter, again?

Have we turned the Site Discussion board into BKO lite?

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Lani » Tue May 16, 2017 7:28 am

I watched a video about 2007 and I've found myself back here. Oh my dear nostalgia button. I miss you guys, I hope you're all doing well! RIP LF :(

(and I hope those fics on LFF get archived!)
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby knifey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:28 pm

this place makes me miss message boards

nowadays everyone's all aboot social media. especially the social media that's primarily compatible with smartphones, like snapcrap or instacram
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokotech » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 am

Due to some recent nostalgia found my way back here. Hope everyone is doing well :). Really, really miss this show, but happy all the rest of the novels were fanslated a few years ago. RIP Lyoko Freak!

lyokotech offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby DJSakurame » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Rewatching CL for the upteenth time... logged in, and I hadn't been here for NINE YEARS! I was 14 when I joined, I'm turning 25 in a couple weeks. Isn't that crazy?! Love CL just as much now as I did then. It'll never die for me. Until next time, Lyoko Freak. Peace!
DJSakurame offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby axslayer33 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Sweet mother of God.

I never knew this place was still alive.

Hot freaking damn....

Then again...I did drop by to see which one if you wonderful lunatics was responsible for this:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/DEC7--a53xw[/youtube]

Whouda thunk.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Asantewaalrus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 am

Wow, the fact there's posts this recent has me shocked.

The fact I completely forgot how to navigate has me more shocked. I think it's been ten years now, guyd?
Asantewaalrus offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm

Three posts now in a month's time span. Even back before the forum was shut down, that posting rate was sometimes hard to achieve.

I actually came back here looking for an unfinished fic in my private messages. They're all gibberish now; forum code ate them!

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby DL » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:19 am

I thought of this site for the first time in a long while today and came to see it was still here. If I'm honest I'm both shocked and happy. I feel like I just stopped posting at some point without a good-bye to everyone. These were good time and you were all friends at a time I needed them. I even came back to a PM that I never read, which is a bit surprising.

Anyway, I see that the whole site except for this page is now locked down and archived. I doubt anyone will come back and reply to this, or that those who would remember me would still be around, but I just wanted to say I had fun and I do miss everyone.

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Computer » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Thank you NhJm for keeping the site up and running these last years. It still looks great. Just looking through these posts and it's clear this site is a time capsule that many come back to. Happy holidays everyone!
Lyoko Computer offline

Postby Naton » Tue May 10, 2022 6:37 am

This forum was pretty cool.
~Secretly Supporting Spambots~
Naton offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous