Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:18 am

Fanfiction from Old Site

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Fanfiction from Old Site

Postby katie7girl » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:15 am

There where some good fanfictions from the old site that I can not find on here. The author that I cannot find is GarageKid. He (or she) had some fanfictions that are not on here. Is there a way that I can find them and read them?

Thanks

katie7girl offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: Fanfiction from Old Site

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:31 pm

First, welcome (back) to Lyoko Freak! As a service, LFF was removed as a primary feature from the website during the Lyoko Freak upgrade in April. There was no documentation left about the service that I could use to archive the data, along with the fact that there had been no activity on that portion of the site since ~2009, if I remember correctly. It was only until today that I actually learned what software it used.

That being said, LFF was not deleted; it can be found here along with an archive of the old site. GarageKid's profile is here. I'm not going to remove it from the legacy site any time soon. It looks like the site works fine as-is, from some cursory poking around.

Hope this helps!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheLQ » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:26 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:First, welcome (back) to Lyoko Freak! As a service, LFF was removed as a primary feature from the website during the Lyoko Freak upgrade in April. There was no documentation left about the service that I could use to archive the data, along with the fact that there had been no activity on that portion of the site since ~2009, if I remember correctly. It was only until today that I actually learned what software it used.

That being said, LFF was not deleted; it can be found here along with an archive of the old site. GarageKid's profile is here. I'm not going to remove it from the legacy site any time soon. It looks like the site works fine as-is, from some cursory poking around.

Hope this helps!

Can't you setup a redirect? As LFF (was) a more popular section of the site there are lots of inbound links that are broken and people will assume that it was deleted
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:40 am

TheLQ wrote:
TheAppleFreak wrote:First, welcome (back) to Lyoko Freak! As a service, LFF was removed as a primary feature from the website during the Lyoko Freak upgrade in April. There was no documentation left about the service that I could use to archive the data, along with the fact that there had been no activity on that portion of the site since ~2009, if I remember correctly. It was only until today that I actually learned what software it used.

Hope this helps!

Can't you setup a redirect? As LFF (was) a more popular section of the site there are lots of inbound links that are broken and people will assume that it was deleted

Got it. Just set a symlink; it should now work properly with either /lff and /legacy/lff. Additionally, I've also added it as a link in the "Main Site" menu, for interested parties.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby katie7girl » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

Thank you everybody :)

katie7girl offline
New Kid
New Kid