Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:39 am

Drabble Challenges?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Drabble Challenges?

Postby Soul Jelly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 am

I know there were some hosted here eons ago, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts of bringing them back again? I'm now running the weekly challenges on Xana's Lair but with LF having a slightly different tone/atmosphere it would be interesting to see what kind of challenges would be generated here.
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Re: Drabble Challenges?

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm all for it. New thread, ahoy!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Soul Jelly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Awesome. Except, haha, I feel bad bringing this up and then saying "I don't want to host this one myself though" but... I'm not sure I'd really have the time to upkeep the drabble challenge here. >_< (Plus I'm not a mod or anything like that so I wouldn't want to be stepping on anyone's toes by being all like I VOLUNTEER! straight away anyway, haha).

tl;dr If someone who's not me is willing to re-implement the challenges, super.
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm

The two threads we have for drabbles sorta...died. The prompts left for the next poster to fulfill usually weren't so great, and there just aren't that many drabblers around here. If we did something like Xana's Lair, and just did a weekly prompt, how would that work? Would everyone post their drabble to the next thread created for such an exercise, and would we rotate who gave the prompt each week, etc.? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for drabbling around here, but groundwork helps.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Soul Jelly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Ah, I wasn't sure how you all worked it last time around. Yes, leaving prompts for the next person has the potential to die out very quickly. Thus, the way you've described the possible formula for this time around sounds good to me.
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:20 am

So as the keeper of the drabbles over at XL, you wanna start a thread in Fan Fiction for the drabble challenges? You leave a prompt this week, I'll do one next week, and go from there if there's interest. I have a feeling we might be the only ones participating...

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 am

I'll participate, and I *might* be able to get some people from Reddit and possibly Tumblr as well.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline