Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm

Hi, I'm Lyoko Computer and I run the site :)

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Hi, I'm Lyoko Computer and I run the site :)

Postby Lyoko Computer » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Hello, some of you may remember me. I started Tech Links back in the day, (05' for me) and a few years ago I took over this site from the original creater. I now run and maintain it for you those of you that stick around and the few that drop by to see if the site is still up. I'll keep doing this for the foreseeable future, I don't have the time to upgrade and make changes, but I'll try and keep it up.

Yesterday I moved LF to a new server, you should be on now. Everything seems to still work; it's a miracle all the software still works after all these years. I just wanted to post and let you know what's going on. I've had two people express interest in upgrading the forums, mew and josh. Hopefully they can get that done for you guys once I give them access again. I'm glad to see there's a little activity still on here, sure brings back memories. :)

Cheers,

LC
Lyoko Computer offline

Re: Hi, I'm Lyoko Computer and I run the site :)

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:32 am

LC wrote:Hello, some of you may remember me. I started Tech Links back in the day, (05' for me) and a few years ago I took over this site from the original creater. I now run and maintain it for you those of you that stick around and the few that drop by to see if the site is still up. I'll keep doing this for the foreseeable future, I don't have the time to upgrade and make changes, but I'll try and keep it up.

Yesterday I moved LF to a new server, you should be on now. Everything seems to still work; it's a miracle all the software still works after all these years. I just wanted to post and let you know what's going on. I've had two people express interest in upgrading the forums, mew and josh. Hopefully they can get that done for you guys once I give them access again. I'm glad to see there's a little activity still on here, sure brings back memories. :)

Cheers,

LC

Holy crap you're still alive. I honestly thought that you were dead after *checks main page* June 9th, 2009. I guess the server move was why there was that error yesterday.

Also, I might as well take this opportunity to mention the existance of the backup Facebook group for Lyoko Freak. Two years ago, on another site outage, I made a group that would function as our home away from home in case the forum went kaput. It's a secret group, but a group nonetheless. My profile is in my sig (yes, the bottom row of icons are links), so friend me and I'll add you to the group in no time flat.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Jazzy Josh » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:46 am

Gah, I was emailed dd and was concerned that LC had dd'ed the site backwards, thank goodness that didn't happen.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks for maintaining the site! One concern: the DNS entry for www.lyokofreak.net is borked; might want to fix that.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Computer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:00 pm

I fixed the www. issue. Mew messaged about the Avatars failing to upload which I've fixed. The only other issue is the spambots, which I dread. This would almost certainly be solved by upgrading the forum software, but in light of that, I might hack something together to trip them up.
Lyoko Computer offline

Postby knifey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:52 am

Thanks yallz very much. I appreciate it.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Welcome back, LC.

Hit me up on Skype sometime.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko Computer » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:49 am

Hello everyone! I'm disappointed with the server performance so I'm moving to a quad core dedicated server on another network in Dallas. So there will be some downtime tonight while the DNS switches over. Go watch the superbowl or something. ;)
Lyoko Computer offline

Postby Tangent128 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 am

I hope a server that beefy's running things besides LF! :O
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 pm

it's doing it again

and by "it" i mean that glitch where i can't upload new icons. <S>i'm currently hotlinking from photobucket so yeah</S>
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 am

knifey wrote:it's doing it again

and by "it" i mean that glitch where i can't upload new icons. <S>i'm currently hotlinking from photobucket so yeah</S>

Ack...I'll poke LC about this.

In the meantime, just screw the "No Hotlinking rule" and hotlink your icon if you need to.

Thanks for the heads up. Also, sorry if I've been seemingly MIA. Master's program is a draaaaag.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

solid copy

Postby knifey » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

>knifey likes Mewberries151's post

internet time isn't exactly a luxury when you're studying diligently in classes, so no worries
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak