Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 am

It's that time of year again...

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

It's that time of year again...

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:32 pm

.25 score years ago, our Founder brought forth in this series of tubes a new forum, conceived in awesomeness, and dedicated to the proposition that it is perfectly natural for one's forehead to take up half of their face.

This day is the fifth anniversary of the creation of this forum. As I recall, five years is traditionally a milestone to be greeted with at least partially epic celebration. Countless thousands of forums have flared into existence on this Internet of ours, but how many have had the fortitude and the members to keep them alive for half a decade? Not many.

We're not the largest, most active of forums. But we're a tight-knit, dedicated community. And I say that we take a moment to enjoy this feeling; we have kept this place going for five years. We have endured every threat that has faced us. Spambots. Expiring server hosts. Hostile takeovers. International entertainment media corporations. Twilight. All have fallen to our might.

There are many members of our forum, many honored posters of golden days gone by that are no longer with us. But we still are here. We've made it through. We've gone far. We're stronger after all. Let us honor our past by making a great future. And let's start here.

To Lyoko Freak. *raises glass of blue stuff*

Last edited by SilverPrince on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Happy Birthday, LF.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 pm

TO LYOKOFREAK!

I couldn't have said it better, Brother 422. (Happy 18th, by the way, and Happy 16th to Tekirai! Somehow ironic that two LFers have birthdays today...but also awesome.) I've been here for four and a half of those five years, and I've seen the forum dwindle, as it would seem, but also grow at the same time. Many of us, including myself, hold a great love for the community here, and I'm happy it's lasted this long!

Not only that, but it's the only forum I've stayed with for this long (and with my attention span, that's an accomplishment), and I feel like many of the members here are my friends. Not sure if they feel the same, but if those friendships could last, that would be kinda awesome. It's nourished community, ended my naivete, and generally been better than awesome.

So Happy Birthday Lyokofreak, another five years would be sexy exciting adventures, and I love all of you! *joins 422's toast*
Carth offline

Postby green » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:52 pm

YEAH! AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW UNTIL I CLICKED THE THREAD!! /breaks out the party supplies

I haven't been here more than a few months but you guys are awesome for keeping the place going so long. Cheers to you guys!
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby desincarnation » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Wow, five years... I feel like a newbie. ;) Even though a considerable amount of time passed since December 2007

I joined the forum just on the edge of CL's end as a show, I now wish I had known it earlier and could have been the witness of its glory... and the glory of this forum. But despite that, I enjoyed every moment spent on here since joining.

To Lyoko Freak. *raises glass of blue stuff*

To Lyokofreak!
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby SilverPrince » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Just went through the previous Happy Birthday thread for LF, which is two years old. I found this gem of a post that I thought I would revive and share with you all:

Reploid CB wrote:LF's birthday on Earth Day... I wonder. Would that make it Code: Earth Day? --*shot*

BY DEMOCRATIC DECREE, I hereby move that April 22nd be known, now and forever, as "Code: Earth Day" on this forum. Can I get a second?

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby _stromboli__ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Heartily seconded. xD

This calls for a GIF party.
Congrats LF!
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Happy, happy birthday Lyoko Freak. This site has been the center of many hours spent on the internet, and I really hope that it continues to thrive and prosper.

*raises glass of blue stuff and joins in toast*
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TB3 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:09 pm

It's now the 23rd here, but its still the 22nd in LF's native timezone, so may I heartily wish Lyokofreak a VERY HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Yup. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Have a good one, LF! Same to you, Star Way!
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak