Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 pm

What happened?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What happened?

Postby Rho » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 am

For several hours, I got this error message while trying to access the forums:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /mnt/hdb1/codexana.net/public_html/lyokofreak/forum/db/mysql4.phpon line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/mnt/hdb1/codexana.net/public_html/lyokofreak/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in/mnt/hdb1/codexana.net/public_html/lyokofreak/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:50 am

I believe it was something related to PHP's server itself, but it may have also been spambots overloading the website by all coming on as "Guests" at the same time. I've seen some of them attempt to swarm the site in as many as two dozen or so at a time, and I can't imagine that's good for the server, especially if a lot of actual members are logged in at the time, even if the bots are not actually doing anything on the forum itself.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheLQ » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:55 am

Well look at the error: Too many connections in /mnt/hdb1/codexana.net/public_html/lyokofreak/forum/db/mysql4.phpon line 48. The MySQL server just ran out of connections, which is weird. It was probably another site on the same server that got attacked and since this is a shared server with shared MySQL, it took out the other sites as well.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Servers can take a lot of abuse, but unfortunately, even servers do have their limits. Im glad everything is back to normal.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Slayer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 am

I thought that a backup from like 2-3 years ago was restored for some reason because it was referring to codexana.net.

Ah well all is right with the world once more :)

There will be no mercy, only slain bodies and taken souls. Dont be afraid, be terrified.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid