Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am

Site keeps going down

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Site keeps going down

Postby TheLQ » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:23 pm

Can someone explain why the site is constantly being down? Yesterday I tried to show someone something on here but it was down for the second time this year. I'm surprised that 1&1 webhosting, being as popular as they are, keep going down.

What was weird is that sometimes i can't ping the site when its down (yesterday I could), and when it does the Trace Routes stop at some random IP (yes, I spent the time trying to figure out what was wrong, shut up).

The only thing that I could think of would be issues of being on a shared server, but 1&1 should be doing a better job at management... and put this paid site on a different server then all the free one's. Hmm...
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: Site keeps going down

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:Can someone explain why the site is constantly being down? Yesterday I tried to show someone something on here but it was down for the second time this year. I'm surprised that 1&1 webhosting, being as popular as they are, keep going down.

What was weird is that sometimes i can't ping the site when its down (yesterday I could), and when it does the Trace Routes stop at some random IP (yes, I spent the time trying to figure out what was wrong, shut up).

The only thing that I could think of would be issues of being on a shared server, but 1&1 should be doing a better job at management... and put this paid site on a different server then all the free one's. Hmm...

I'm pretty sure it's the problem of being on a shared server.

I'd imagine that even if all the paid sites are on a different server, there's still a chance of that server having down time. And that's if 1&1 even puts the free sites and paid ones on different servers.

Unfortunately, we really have no control over issues stemming from 1&1 directly...I'm not sure if they have a complaint or contact box but if they do, that might be a good place to report the problems to them. *nods*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin