Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 am

Ships section needs expansion - big time!

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ships section needs expansion - big time!

Postby Taelia » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:23 pm

I think the Ships section needs some MAJOR expansion.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:36 pm

... Care to elaborate? One statement/opinion really doesn't count as a post...

And I agree, It could be a nice community project, to update the site. Any ideas on pairings we need to include? Anyone?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:04 am

EDIT: This is now the assignment list. If you want to do something, post about it, and I'll add your name.

In-progress will be in RED lettering around the person's name
Completed work will have a person's name in GREEN letters
Ones with nobody working on them will have a :umm: next to them.

So things we need to update:

TOPICS THAT NEED TO BE TAKEN: 16

All the main characters and secondary characters to include pictures of S1-3 outfits and S4 outfits
Characters:
Main:
Ulrich :umm:
Yumi :umm:
Odd- Carth
Aelita- Lyoko422
Jeremie- Lyoko422
William- Sithking Zero
XANA -Sithking Zero
Franz.- Sithking Zero
The Subdigitals/Subsonics.- Carth
Men in Black- Lyoko422

Also:

Milly- Saphire-089
Tamiya- Saphire-089
Hiroki- Carth
Johnny- Carth
Sissi- Carth
Samantha- Timekitten
Brynja- Timekitten
Jim :umm:
Taelia- Sithking Zero
Patrick :umm:

Ships that need updating:

OddXSamantha :umm:
OddXSissi- Sithking Zero
YumiXWilliam- Carth
OddXAelita- DarkestSoul X21
UlrichXYumi- Timekitten
JeremieXAelita- Lyoko422
JimXMrs. Hertz- Taelia

Things that need to be improved upon

Expanded character lists :umm:
Expanded screencaps :umm:
Update the "Code Lyoko Merchandise" section :umm:
Allow more people to submit their works to the fanfiction section :umm:
Re-open the Fanart section. :umm:
Expanded Avatars section :umm:
Updated Class Lists :umm:

Things that would be cool to have articles about:

The results of the "Let's Talk Tech" papers- Various Lyokologists/Forum members
A section on Locations- Gadget
-The Hermitage
-various places in the school
-The Factory
-Aelita's winter home in the mountains
-Airport
-Swimming pool
-The Five Sectors
-Replikas
-Replika bases
List of episode summaries :umm:
Episode-sorted screencaps :umm:
Monster ID Pages-Sithking Zero

That's all I got for now. Anyone got anything else?

EDIT: We might want to take down the "Hosted by Teklilnks" thing at the bottom of the pages...

The problem with a lot of the articles on the main section of the site is that they were written- and posted- well before Star Way left the site, which was what, two years ago?

Unfortunately, the entirity of Seasons Three and Four have come and gone, leaving the ships and characters sections to be woefully out of date.

New ships have risen up, including MillyXHiroki, as well as updates on old favorites such as UlrichXYumi (no data about the "Just Friends," talk) or OddXSissi, which has no info about the various hintings and scenes from S3 and four, not to mention "XANA Awakens."

And for the love of god, William. Wow. He is in so much of a need for a redo of his article. Heck, he was the BAD GUY for pretty much each episode of S4!

What I'm really trying to say is that we are in need of major revamps on the front page to be at least updated to cover S4. I mean, seriously guys. We're the best CL website on the Web (Save, of course, the official site). Shouldn't our front page reflect that? It's like if the Batcave's entrance was a shack with no running water. You know?
Last edited by Sithking Zero on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:04 am, edited 18 times in total.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:03 pm

New ships have risen up, including MillyXHiroki

And JimXSuzanne. Also, yes, all those other things need updating as well.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 pm

You could just set up a new section called CL Couples and place them in there.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 pm

But there is a section for that! It's on the main page, and it has stuff about all the pairings! It's the "Ship" section, and that's what the article is all about!

Still need submissions for this stuff. I could do the OddXSissi, William, Franz, XANA, a thing about the subdigitals, but I can't do pictures. I'd be willing to do more as well. But there needs to be episode summeries (comprehensive ones, please!)

Oh yeah, and I have another idea: Monster profiles. Just little articles about the various monsters that inhabit the World Without Danger.

we would also need a mod's permission.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:09 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Carth » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:26 pm

I think I'm a staff. I'm not entirely sure how mods rank...but either way, I think this is a great idea! It'd be nice to see the Lyokofreak content updated again, especially with the two seasons that have come and gone. It'd be fun for anyone that wanted to chip in. Sort of a community building project. Except not as dorky as that sounds. Because as CL fans, we are definitely the coolest people alive, amirite? 8D

So, that's me giving my approval, I guess, not to mention rabidly wanting to contribute stuff. Any questions?
Carth offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:11 am

Nope! I don't have any questions here!

Perhaps, for the sake of making things easier, we should make a list of some sort to say what articles will be created by whom?

I volunteer myself for the job of writing the articles:

Sithking Zero:
Franz Hopper
OddXSissi (With Taelia's aid, if she doesn't mind)
Monster Profiles
William

Other People:
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 am

Sounds like a plan to me! *takes a looksy through the list*

Hm...I'll write...

Odd
The Subdigitals/Subsonics
Hiroki
Johnny
Sissi
YumiXWilliam

That looks like a good batch.

And other stuff we could put...maybe we could improve on the "class photos" section a bit? Maybe put in some information on those random stock characters, however pointless it might be? I could do that...unless anyone wants to help...
Carth offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:09 am

I've converted my earlier list to a sign-up sheet. You reqeust what topics you want to do, and I add them to the list.

Also, I'm working on my Franz Hopper article. I'm reusing part of it, 'cause I didn't see the need to redo a whole lot of work, so... yeah.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:45 pm

An idea that might work would to link the forum to the main page. Sorta like having the main page source out posts via RSS and having users with correct permissions (such as staff) to edit the main page and allow users to comment. Like a community center-like thing.

Perhaps this might spark some interest into updating the forum software.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:20 pm

Yes, that would make sense. To be honest, I just have a link directly to the forum, and I don't think I've actually ever looked at the site...

And thank you, Sithking Zero, for the list. It'll be a really big help to us!

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Yes, that would make sense. To be honest, I just have a link directly to the forum, and I don't think I've actually ever looked at the site...

And thank you, Sithking Zero, for the list. It'll be a really big help to us!

Exactly. I doubt half the people have been to the main site. I have to go through google to get to the main site.

It should be easy, just delete everything in the address after "Lyokofreak.net." Still, a link would be nice...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 pm

FAQ | Site | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Chat | Profile | Private Messages | Log out ($username)

Simply just add a "Site" button to the top like that. If the administration cannot figure out how to accomplish this, check out http://phpbb.com/ for they have the answers.

Also, I'm always available to help out if needed.
Last edited by ccbtimewiz on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Upon request from AngelBolt, the second draft of my Franz Hopper article. Also, anyone who finishes anything please tell us in the thread, or to someone who can alter posts, and thusly, the list.

EDIT: Minor bit about his appearance in S3 Episode 5, "Aelita," added by request of Carth.

FRANZ HOPPER

By Sithking Zero

Franz Hopper is the creator of the Super Calculator (Supercomputer), Lyoko, and is the father of Aelita. Surprisingly little is actually known about him (considering how important he is), aside from some facts based on observation of the show and on character dialogue.

From what is known about him, he was a science teacher at Kadic Academy before working on the Supercomputer. It is not known how he got into it, but he was also part of a top-secret government research division in charge of creating a weapon code-named "Project Carthage." The project was a weapon designed to disrupt enemy communications, but for some reason Franz protested against it, creating Lyoko as a way to destroy Project Carthage. However, apparently midway through the project, Franz shifted his attention from destroying Project Carthage, to making a new, safe world for himself and his daughter. It's unknown what happened to his wife (Antea Hopper) exactly, but she was taken away, possibly by the same government agents that threatened the Hopper family later. After working for a long time, he finally discovered how to do a Return to the Past, and reportedly redoes the same day (June 6, 1994) over two thousand times, inadvertently making the Supercomputer more powerful in the process. However, government agents moved in one day (June 7, 1994), and using the secret tunnel to the sewers in his backyard, Franz and Aelita escaped to the factory without incident. He had programmed the "Keys to Lyoko," into Aelita and his virtual profiles, which would allow them to rule over their virtual paradise forever. XANA evidently makes his appearance around here, stealing Aelita's memories and Franz's Key. It is not known what happened from the time that Aelita had her memories stolen and Jeremie and the others found the factory, but Franz was definitely locked up somewhere in Sector Five, also known as "Carthage."

On Lyoko, Franz has incredible abilities, but, like XANA, is never seen. He has the power to activate towers to affect Earth (his are white, as opposed to XANA's red), and to override any XANA-possessed tower. He has also gained the ability to control XANA's monsters.

On Earth, even less is known about Franz Hopper, aside from the fact that he worked on Lyoko. A few facts remain solid: He knew how to play the piano, he was a teacher at Kadic at one time, and had a passageway to the sewers constructed to his own backyard.

His first appearance was in the first episode of the second season, "New Order." It isn't much, but we see him playing the piano in one of Aelita's visions. He has no speaking parts. His name is first mentioned in the next episode, "Uncharted Territory," in which Jeremie reveals that he used to own the Hermitage and also used to be a science teacher at Kadic. In "Mister Puck," Aelita goes back to the Hermitage and finds her doll, in which Franz hid the key to a locker that held his diary. Soon after finding the diary, XANA possesses Jeremie and forces him to destroy the hardcopies, after the data is all saved directly to the restricted section of the supercomputer. In "Marabounta," Jeremie uses data based off of one of Franz's diary entries to create the blobby anti-XANA monster. In "Temptation," Jeremie creates a device based on Franz's designs to increase his IQ with every Return to the Past. In "Franz Hopper," Franz apparently starts helping everyone but Jeremie, but a slip of the tongue gives him away as a Polymorphing Specter (shape-shifting XANA monster.) It is then that Jeremie reveals that Franz was still somewhere in Carthage. In the next episode, "Contact," Franz activates a tower on Lyoko and possesses Sissi, making her write out messages to the group and tries to help them before XANA deactivates the tower using his Megatanks. Once Jeremie deciphers the messages, it reveals that Franz Hopper wants to help them defeat XANA.

In the episodes "Revelation," and "The Key," Franz Hopper played a major starring role. At the end of "Revelation," Franz takes over the tower that XANA was trying to control and decodes his diary at hyper speed. It is through this that it is revealed that Franz is Aelita's father, that he created Lyoko, and that he and Aelita have the "Keys" to Lyoko. In "The Key," Franz's data reveals that Aelita doesn't have a virus, but is actually missing a piece of herself that XANA stole from her. When they go to retrieve it, it turns out to be a fake, but Franz tries to help with his mind-controlled Mantas. When they are crushed by falling rubble, Aelita is completely drained by the Scyphozoa. When the Scyphozoa leaves, Franz completely healed her, bringing back all her memories of the real world, which was what XANA took out of her. In the process, he also healed Lyoko, which shut down once both sets of Keys left with XANA.

After that, he didn’t show up again for much of Season Three, except as an occasional conversation topic, but in the final episode of S3, “Final Round,â€
Last edited by Sithking Zero on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:01 am

I'll take care of Jeremie, Aelita, the Men in Black and JeremiexAelita. Three guesses who my two favorite characters are!

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:28 am

I'm gonna say J and A... but I'm not ruling out Samus Aran yet. :nyeh!:
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am

I'll do the JimXHertz one, but I'm gonna need help because I have no clue how to form it into an essay.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:21 pm

PM it to me on DeviantArt when you're finished, Taelia, and I'll help you out there. :)

I'll also start up my bits in a bit, which should be fun to write. I love rambling about CL. It's fun things.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Done. It's been sent.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:13 pm

And i just registered your article as completed, Taelia.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:55 pm

I haven't really been into CL since the start of 4th season. But I'm starting to get back into it and I always been a OxA fan. I'll talke on OddxAelita.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:14 pm

How soon can we expect these updates to begin manifesting on the main site?
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:05 pm

We're not sure, yet. First we need to get full approval from the staff, and then we'll give Warton the go-ahead. However, osme of these things may take reformatting, so it may take a while... But we'll let you know when the first parts go live.

Next