Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 am

Question regarding the URL

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Question regarding the URL

Postby knifey » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Was there any notice on the part of the URL of the forum changing? I don't recall there being any, and if there was, it could have been deleted, as some posts in BKO have been deleted once the URL changed.

Does anyone know (in detail) of the fact that the URL changed?
Last edited by knifey on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:57 pm

It's all explained on the main site page. Our former domain, codexana.lyokofreak, expired, so the lovely people that understand computer code transferred LF over onto the server that Tech Links used to use, under the domain name of Lyokofreak.

Why we got no notice about this, however, I can't imagine. The last time the domain nearly expired, when we switched over to codexana, we got warned way in advance. Maybe it's because they knew what to do this time...or, like you said, it got deleted. We may never know, but point is, LF's here, and 99.999% of it is intact.
Carth offline

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Yeah, I kind of freaked when I was sent to the "Update your links!" page. Glad its mostly sorted out.
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Tangent128 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:17 pm

There's still at least one bug- when you click on the "skip to newest post" button on a "highlighted for new posts" topic, it redirects you to codexana. Could someone double-check the ACP?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Carth wrote:It's all explained on the main site page. Our former domain, codexana.lyokofreak, expired, so the lovely people that understand computer code transferred LF over onto the server that Tech Links used to use, under the domain name of Lyokofreak.

Why we got no notice about this, however, I can't imagine. The last time the domain nearly expired, when we switched over to codexana, we got warned way in advance. Maybe it's because they knew what to do this time...or, like you said, it got deleted. We may never know, but point is, LF's here, and 99.999% of it is intact.

[7:57:04 PM] Lyoko Computer says: Funny story, I check my email yesterday and discover that LF is going to expire THE NEXT DAY.
[7:57:28 PM] Lyoko Computer says: Needless to stay I got the entire site transfered over in a day.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 pm

First off, I'd like to give Lyoko Computer a <i>huge</i> thank you for taking care of this emergency so fast, as well as additional thank yous to all who helped in the process and giving out explanations. It is greatly greatly appreciated.

Apparently, this was all on the cause of very little notification, both from the servers, and on the forum itself (I myself, among others, was on a short holiday and only just found out about this the other day. XD; ). I apologize for any panic and stress the impromptu move caused anyone, and I really do want to extend another thank you to Lyoko Computer, Warton, and all of the people involved in this second LF-saving move. Thank you so so much. ^_^

For the now...just report any additional forum problems on this thread, and we'll look into whether they were caused by the move or not, and get to fixing them ASAP. *salutes*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:33 pm

O__O
My heart just about stopped when codexana.net was changed to a squatter website- but I'm glad we're back to lyokofreak.net. :)
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Question regarding the URL

Postby TheLQ » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:06 am

Lemiar wrote:..., it could have been deleted, as some posts in BKO have been deleted once the URL changed.

Some of the people must of made posts after LC copied the database. It happens
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:32 pm

I just realized- the favicon isn't there anymore.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby lyoko is great » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Tangent128 wrote:I just realized- the favicon isn't there anymore.

Me too. But it will be restored soon
lyoko is great offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid