Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Accidentally made a double/triple/quadruple-post?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Did you know about the delete finction before this thread?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 12

Accidentally made a double/triple/quadruple-post?

Postby knifey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Relax. You can fix it.

When you are the last person to have posted in a topic, you have the ability to delete your post. It should be located right next to the 'edit' function.

If this is located in the wrong area, please move this thread. If there is another thread like this, please lock this thread and direct me to the one this thread is a duplicate of.

EDIT: Pictures included to help locate the delete function.

In avalanche board style
In morpheus board style
In subsilver board style

EDIT: Typo in the poll. The 'u' in function.
Last edited by knifey on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:42 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby knifey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:18 pm

wartonchan wrote:...

Uh...anyways, to prevent double/triple/etc posts, click the Submit button ONCE and let the page load. This is the most common cause for double posts.
There are times the forum glitches and when someone clicks "submit" it goes to an entirely blank page. The person will try to refresh the page and once they do, they're are basically pressing the 'submit' button once again.

And if they open lyokofreak in an entirely different window when the page goes blank, their post won't show up. Or at least that's what's been happening to me.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:48 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:00 am

wartonchan wrote:
Sechton Ningbenter wrote:
wartonchan wrote:...

Uh...anyways, to prevent double/triple/etc posts, click the Submit button ONCE and let the page load. This is the most common cause for double posts.
There are times the forum glitches and when someone clicks "submit" it goes to an entirely blank page. The person will try to refresh the page and once they do, they're are basically pressing the 'submit' button once again.

And if they open lyokofreak in an entirely different window when the page goes blank, their post won't show up. Or at least that's what's been happening to me.

Some plausible reasons.
Your internets is messing up. That hasn't happened to me and no one else has said anything about the problem. Of course, it may also have conflicts with server hiccups, your computer, browser/hosting, etc.

Actually...I've had this happen to me a couple times as well, although since I can delete posts it wasn't a problem and I just made a mental note not to refresh pages (and copy my text before I post ^^; ).

However...seeing as only a few of us can delete any post we want, and one can only delete the last post made on any given thread (provided it's their's), I can see how this would become a problem.

If anyone else has had similar issues, please do come forward about it, as that'll give us a better idea if it's a forum problem, or a browser/Internet issue. ^^

wartonchan wrote:You should of also reported this to an admin as a technical problem, rather then make a thread discussing how to delete your own posts, Knifeshock. :P

True enough. Please do report any technical troubles to the Admins. ^^

Although, as this seems to be a continuing problem (at least for me and apparently now for others, possibly), it's probably good to have a thread that tells how to deal with it. I'm not sure that everyone is aware of how the delete button works (only being able to delete the last post of a thread in certain forums).
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:42 am

Yeah, I'm sure there are still people out there who think they need to double-click to press any button. Hopefully those people will catch this thread.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:30 am

You can always just edit the post and say somone delete this if you can't delete it.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm

You should have it set so that whenever someone makes the same exact post in a row, the server deletes the extra post. I've seen that done on other forums.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DELETED » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline