Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

Lyoko's dead. Now what?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Lyoko's dead. Now what?

Postby . » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:17 pm

Advice, because I've grown quite fond of this place and seeing as how our favorite TV show is now dead and buried. Why don't we change the direction of the forum to just cartoons in general? We could have Certoon Network Forums, and Nicktoons blah blah blah anime blah blah

Or we can just let this place slowly die. word.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Not buried... though a S5 looks unlikely at the moment, there's supposedly a good chance a few specials will come out. Plus, we're still waiting for Decoded Part II. Add in the fan projects that will surely continue for a while yet...
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:29 am

Yeah, I mean, look at the original transformers. That officially ended around twenty years ago, but people are still publishing fan projects, comic books, side stories, novels... though it ended, it's far from dead. As long as the Autobot Logo still shines, G1 has not died!

Same with Lyoko. As long as we are united under the eye of XANA, we will always survive!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Yeah, I mean, look at the original transformers. That officially ended around twenty years ago, but people are still publishing fan projects, comic books, side stories, novels... though it ended, it's far from dead. As long as the Autobot Logo still shines, G1 has not died!

Same with Lyoko. As long as we are united under the eye of XANA, we will always survive!

Transformers though are like a brand. like Coca-Cola. They don't die because the company behind them keeps the money flowing towards TV shows and action figures. like WCW back in the day, it can't die. Theres to much money behind it.

Code: Lyoko isn't a brand though, unfortunatly. And I don't think Code: Lyoko is gonna get it's Beast Wars :(

maybe a moonscope centric forum?
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:22 pm

Come on, TPP... do you really want this to turn into some massive forum? the reason for its success is because it's small...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby . » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:50 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Come on, TPP... do you really want this to turn into some massive forum? the reason for its success is because it's small...

Greatest strength is also the greatest weakness. I fear for the day we grow weary and leave this place, Truthfully Angie... Though your right I do enjoy the "closeness" the smallness of the community has created.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

That's true. I don't think I would have made half the friends I did had this forum been a lot larger.

And who knows? If that supposed animated movie trilogy follows through, maybe some more people will show up. Hopefully not nubs.
Carth offline

Postby Jeremified » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Whether Lyoko lives on or not, I'm never leaving LF. Not even if Code Lyoko discussion gets banned by the government.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Jeremified wrote:Whether Lyoko lives on or not, I'm never leaving LF. Not even if Code Lyoko discussion gets banned by the government.

Lawl.

But yeah, I'll stick around too, and if everyone would do this, CL would still live for years to come. ;D

'Sides that, maybe one day a developer who actually makes good games will come along and... you know. :)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah!

Plus, theres always the Caption contest...

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:06 pm

Yeah, I mean it's only really dead if you want it to be, right TPP? The place is still here, there's still people here... you don't want this place to be dead, right? Because I KNOW you're not like that, ne?

And stop calling me Shirley!

(And if you don't get that movie refecrences you're an idiot. AIRPLANE FTW!)

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Not only are we still waiting for the next part of Lyoko: Decoded, the VAs have been gone for far too long.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby G-Force » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:02 am

Really though there are a lot of forms out there devoted to series that have long past their last episode....Scooby Doo, Star Wars etc. Why the need to change?
G-Force offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 am

Good point, G. :) It's ver valid.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:28 am

With the movie coming out next year, a novel or two on the way, a PS2 and PSP port of the video game, and several active forums, who can say Lyoko is dead?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 pm

That's another valid point.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Yes, Taelia, it is. Just because the show's ended doesn't mean the franchise has...

Postby Taelia » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:53 pm

^_^ Finally, someone agrees! I'll always like CL. If they finally decides to continue it, though, that'd be great.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:29 pm

True.

I just hope it brings more intelligent people back. The fandom needs some stimulation. In spades.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:13 pm

The fandom does indeed garner some unintelligent people, unlike us at LF of course. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak