Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am

Teklink's closing: What does it mean for us?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Exploder » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 am

While Hikaru's actions hurt many people, I believe they were justified.

Why?

Because distribution of copyrighted material is illegal. She did the right thing and reported it, even though it made a lot of people reeeallly mad.

However, if she did it out of spite, then it's a mixed bag. She did the right thing legally, but I don't think it's right to just cause an entire community to shut down and sever relationships.

Even so, I'm mad that I can no longer watch Code Lyoko (as I can never be home when it airs) and that I can never post on Teklinks again.

Understand this: I have nothing against Hikaru as a person. We all saw this coming and should have taken action.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 am

Okay, this is getting a little off-topic. See, I made this thread to discuss (calmly and rationally) how the closing of such a major forum like TL might affect us at LF. This is not to complain about Hikaru, or about how you miss TL. You want to do that, there's a thread for that in Technical Discussion. This thread, once again, is for the discussion of how TL's closing will affect us.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:54 am

The fact is, technically, it doesnt affect us. LF itself is going to be fine. Its been said a few times by a few people, Teebs included.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TL. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:17 pm

I just found out! It such a shame, Wart and his pals put so much effort in it! Just have to hope I can get the rest of the episodes behind 'closed doors, if you know what I mean... Lets hope that the forum will return with a more legal aproach.
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby adrimarie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:37 am

Okay, I know I'm late but it seems that some of you are misunderstanding the situation.

It was the TL staff themselves who decided to pull the plug on TL, not Moonscoop or another 3rd party. It was because of the legal issues on its own that they decided to do this. Of course, Hikaru's actions was simply unforgivable, but even so, we'll all have to accept that not all good things last forever.

On the other hand, the staff do plan on bringing back the forum temporarily for the members to exchange each other's contact info and say their final goodbyes to each other. At the same time, the TL staff will also give recommendations of other CL forums so that the members have other places to go and still keep in touch with one another (like this forum and Lyoko Geniuses and even my underrated TLRP ^^; ).

One closing of a community that's been around for a long time doesn't mean it's the end for CL fandom, so no, I don't agree that TL will affect LF and its members at all (I'm sure Warton agrees with me with this). I don't think the TL staff would want it that way. For me though, the closing of TL doesn't really affect me much, except that this only made me more inspired in to continuing on w/ my CL fansites and the other forums that I'm actively involved in (TLRP and LG). I'll be happy to carry on what TL has left (no episode downloads, sorry x.x) and I think that's what the TL staff would want with their members from this point.

Just remember, TL isn't the only great CL forum community around. There are others too (like LF, for example). You'll just have to search for them yourself or ask around. Just give these other forums a chance. It may not be TL, but at least you still have other places to go, right? x.x

That's all I'm gonna say about TL's closing. I've said most of what I said in the TL blog.
adrimarie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Well I guess its my turn to say about TL's closing. I am sad that TL is closing down. I am not mad at Hikaru. Its her choice and we have to respect that. We always can always talk about stuff that we talked about on TL on here.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:11 pm

I personally think that we all know downloading TV episodes is illegal, and as long as Tech Links has open registration anyone can join and do what Hikaru did by posing a legal threat. Piracy, no matter how tempting, how insignificant, or how common, is wrong, and by using pirated data one must understand and accept the consequences, which, in Tech Link's case, is the closing down of the site.

As for how it will affect Lyoko Freak… It's pretty much been explained that it won't. Sure, this site is hosted on a server belonging to the Tech Links staff, but that doesn't mean that Lyoko Freak has violated any policies. LF as a web site is a community independent of Tech Links, and their tragic end does not signify ours. (Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything; that's the only way I can think of to put it.)
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:15 pm

I don't really understand what's happend .But to be horset techlinks was a good site but not very useful in my books.But yet 10 rounds will be fired for the memory of the site . :smg:

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TrevT93 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Go to Teklinks.org everyone, it looks like they're back to stay!

Here's what their press release says:

LyokoComputer wrote:What's going on with TL?

No, we're not closing.

You probably have read the message we put up after taking TL offline. We took TL offline for a couple of weeks due to the possibility of a legal threat. This means we never received ANY legal threats, we were just being cautious and responsible. We will no longer offer you-know-what but if you know anything about TL, we got tons of CL exclusive content that is prefectly legal.. And of course LOD will be up for you to share your AMVs. I'd also like to apolgize for the people that was on TL when we pulled the plug without warning.
Proud moderator of the Carthage Spot! Click below to visit:

Now a moderator at CodeLyoko.us! Same thing, click to visit:

TrevT93 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:24 pm

I spoke to Warton a while ago; it turns out that after several months of inactivity, Tech Links is being put offline.

Let us all commemorate the grandaddy of all CL forum sites.

Thank you Wartonchan, TB3, Lyoko Computer, and all of the other moderators and admins that helped make it one of the best CL forum sites in the history of the world.

*bows head in respect*
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby ccbtimewiz » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:02 pm

Old topic is old.

But you have a major point. TL was by far, the best. It's actually where I started and where I found LF. ;)
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Previous