Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 am

Clubs

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Should Lyoko Freak have clubs?

Yes
56%
NO
33%
Maybe
11%

Total votes : 18

Clubs

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:46 pm

I belive that ther should be clubs here just for Code Lyoko and nothing else so we can talk about them like Kadic, The Factory, Lyoko, etc. Now who agrees with me?
................. lllll
...............llllllllllllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Taelia » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:32 pm

I agree! Then we can share our views and opinions on certain things related to the show.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Really, how far will discussing The Factory get you? Yeah, sure, you can talk about the...electrical wiring, or when/who/why it was built, but after that, the club will just go to waste. Besides, we don't have enough people to keep it worthwhile, or warrant it's creation, for that matter; our IRC project is pretty much dead because of that. You can share your opinions, views, and thoughts on the CL Discussion board rather than have the administrator's create a project that will be abandoned by the users in a few weeks.

I've seen this happen too many times on other forums. They build a little club so they can talk about certain things; "YEAH! Let's draw fan art, too!", and "We can discuss <x>'s plans for future games" and a bunch of worthless things like that. The forum was much larger and more active than this, but no one had the desire to actually go along with it, simply because there was nothing interesting to talk about.

Seriously. Give it a rest. It's not worth the work to put it into effect, and nobody will actually use it once it has been created. Just make a userbar, distribute it to anyone willing to use it, and put it in your sig. Hold weekly chats if you want, that way the only time that's wasted is your own, and the time of those who also thought it would be a good idea.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:12 pm

It would be more things for the people of Lyoko Freak to talk about and hay maybe it'll bring in more members.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Kamekai » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:15 pm

Ah, here we go.

The Kamekai Club:

Come and talk about your favorite Kamekai, all week long! *_*
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:27 pm

It appears you're becoming a Senior Member, Gauntlet. You're catching the whininess. :\

I'd give the userbar thing a go. Anything to liven up this forum. Pushing people down only kills the forum a little more. *murdered for being a happy person*
Carth offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Well, you don't really need an entire forum to talk about the factory, really. It's one of the things that keeps Lyokofreak from being a spamfest unlike CL.com, in that it doesn't create a forum for every little thing. The forums are simple and divided.

But it has been considere, I think. I dunno, any other views on it?

And, yumi ulrich, can you expain a little more to me what these clubs would be like?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Gauntlet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Carth wrote:It appears you're becoming a Senior Member, Gauntlet. You're catching the whininess. :\

I'd give the userbar thing a go. Anything to liven up this forum. Pushing people down only kills the forum a little more. *murdered for being a happy person*

Mmm, sorry. I didn't mean for my post to come off as a complaint or anything. But, truth be told, creating a usergroup will do very little towards gaining members. The usergroup would be restricted to LyokoFreak only, and I don't think anyone is willing to make another site specifically dedicated to a particular usergroup in attempt to grab new members. Board subdivisions only clutter the forum index, too.

Just saying. Seen it happen too many times. It doesn't draw anyone new to the project because you need to be a fan of the show and a member of the forum to join. The few people it does draw are regular forum members, and then it eventually lets go of them because there is not much information to keep the group alive. Think about it; how many posts can you get out of talking about Kadic, or Ulrich, or Xana? Not very much, right?

I'd hate to see anyone put a lot of effort into creating a club then see it go to rest because we have so few members who are interested. And even then, it's not so much that the members aren't interested in the idea, it's just that there isn't very much room to discuss...anything at all. Certain television shows and video games have cult followings, namely because the form of media in question can generate a lot of discussion; CL offers very little, and most of the discussion the show could create has already been covered in the LTT thread, most likely.

Not bitter, just exposed to such matters.

Edit: Ohh, ohh, give me a "Complete!" userbar and "Senior Member" title, like JeremyHopper. Bada-bing, bada-boom.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:12 pm

:wag: Ya gotta earn the complete bar, though! And you're about halfway there.

And the senior members is only for like, the first twenty users or so.

Postby ccbtimewiz » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:58 pm

mmm

You mean like these? :nyeh!:
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:51 pm

I guess that's so...

And you do realize promoting your own board on other sites is really discouraged, right?

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Yea like that, but different so it doesn't look like we copied from them. You know?
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 pm

ccbtimewiz wrote:mmm

Cheap plug.

Given that I've seen how your Clubs work, it's like this: people raise their post count in almost a spammish way, post nothing interesting other than "sign me up, I'm a huge fan of OxA" and then keep quiet. People do nothing interesting after signing up to those Clubs.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Yeah. I like clubs, but at the same time, they're bad.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:
ccbtimewiz wrote:mmm

Cheap plug.

Given that I've seen how your Clubs work, it's like this: people raise their post count in almost a spammish way, post nothing interesting other than "sign me up, I'm a huge fan of OxA" and then keep quiet. People do nothing interesting after signing up to those Clubs.

Well we will discuss the world and that. You are just looking at the dark side of it, but if you look on the bright side then there is a difference. So not to be mean, but you shouldn't always look at the dark side.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:57 pm

Unfortunately, we have to. And it's not like we're gonna post a thread that'll be like, Hey! Did you see that rock in the desert sector again? It moved five feet from last time! It went closer to theat bush. RockXBush forever!

So, while we could create forums for each world, it'd just be rediculous, and spammish, and it wouldn't contribute to the forum.

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Ok, but I think we all can contribute and maybe a lot of people want to talk about worlds and ok we can also discuss some episodes that involved what ever sector it was.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby knifey » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:08 pm

yumi ulrich wrote:Ok, but I think we all can contribute and maybe a lot of people want to talk about worlds and ok we can also discuss some episodes that involved what ever sector it was.
Umm... I think that's what the CL section and Episode discussion section are for.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:22 pm

Well I guess so, but maybe in the Code lyoko dicusion we could make a topic for the worlds and that.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:45 am

AngelBolt wrote:Unfortunately, we have to. And it's not like we're gonna post a thread that'll be like, Hey! Did you see that rock in the desert sector again? It moved five feet from last time! It went closer to theat bush. RockXBush forever!

So, while we could create forums for each world, it'd just be rediculous, and spammish, and it wouldn't contribute to the forum.

*bursts out laughing at the above post* You win for that. XD That totally made my day.

I totally have to remember the Bush/Rock pairing from now on. *snerks*

You make an absolutely excellent point, Angelbolt. *applauds*

yumi ulrich wrote:Well I guess so, but maybe in the Code lyoko dicusion we could make a topic for the worlds and that.

The thing is though, we already do, for a lot of the topics clubs would cover. We have a Characters thread, various couples threads, a general Lyoko discussions thread, and tons upon tons of specific Lyoko threads.

Granted there's always room for more new and unique topics but, in that case wouldn't it be better to simply create a "discussion" thread, instead of a club.

Also, clubs, unfortunately, can get...erm...exclusive, and we definitely don't want to make anyone feel excluded at LF simply because they don't like a certain character/pairing/region. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Unfortunately, we have to. And it's not like we're gonna post a thread that'll be like, Hey! Did you see that rock in the desert sector again? It moved five feet from last time! It went closer to theat bush. RockXBush forever!

*bursts out laughing at the above post* You win for that. XD That totally made my day.

I totally have to remember the Bush/Rock pairing from now on. *snerks*

You make an absolutely excellent point, Angelbolt. *applauds*

yumi ulrich wrote:Well I guess so, but maybe in the Code lyoko dicusion we could make a topic for the worlds and that.

The thing is though, we already do, for a lot of the topics clubs would cover. We have a Characters thread, various couples threads, a general Lyoko discussions thread, and tons upon tons of specific Lyoko threads.

Granted there's always room for more new and unique topics but, in that case wouldn't it be better to simply create a "discussion" thread, instead of a club.

Also, clubs, unfortunately, can get...erm...exclusive, and we definitely don't want to make anyone feel excluded at LF simply because they don't like a certain character/pairing/region. ^^

Well not everyone lkes a certain thing like I don't really like William.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:24 am

AngelBolt wrote:I guess that's so...

And you do realize promoting your own board on other sites is really discouraged, right?

First off, I was giving an example of what s/he meant about fan clubs. That was in no way, or will it ever be, some form of advertisement. I wasn't flashing around a "ZOMG REGISTRER LYKE NOWZ" sign.

But beside the point, fan clubs for characters/couples are almost completely identical to Character Discussions and the threads on couples, like as Mewberries said.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Kamekai » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:37 pm

OMG I call Avvy rights! =D Of course, I'll credit you, AB. That is, of course, unless you decided to make one of your own. :D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Well, I'm making an avvie siggy set right now.
But you can make one too!

Actually, CONTEST TIME!

Postby Kamekai » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:11 pm

lol, you, me, Carth. May the best man win! ;)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Next