Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 am

Best Staff Member

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Who's the best staff member?

Star Way
27%
Stephen
8%
Mewberries151
35%
TB3
23%
AntiGravity
8%

Total votes : 26

Best Staff Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:17 am

For the sake of creating a topic, I thought someday a thread like this would be bound to exist. It was never created, though. Yeah, I know this can still be controversial to do as it may offend many persons.

However, this should be interesting to see how it develops.

Vote now. And if you can, explain your points.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Gauntlet » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:38 am

This is a pretty sad thread; the last thing we need is comparing people to each other and playing favorites.

Though, I'm going to say everyone is a great staff member. No one can compare to you guys, you work tirelessly and endlessly to get rid of spam bots, delete advertisement threads, and keep everything running smoothly. I couldn't ask for more, keep it up.

No vote.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:45 am

Gauntlet wrote:This is a pretty sad thread; the last thing we need is comparing people to each other and playing favorites.

I agree with that. I'm most likely expecting a huge backlash on this. Right now, after the recent moments that BKO and LF has been through, I was thinking of making threads to give the forum some activity.

However, on another forum that I go to, they made a members tournament to vote who is the "king or queen" of the forum. Usually, the founder of the forum win these things. But no one complained about the concept of voting to see who is the best. Depends on the persons. Most of them on that other forum are laid-back people.

I must say that a forum is awesome as long as the founder dedicates their time to it and makes the members go around the flow. Not everyone can fit well the role of the founder.

If it was to play favourites, I would have made the poll go the opposite way. To vote for the one that executes their role poorly.

I'm still gonna get yelled at for this.

Or maybe not. In the past, the staff has been questioned before. To see what I'm talking about, take a view on this thread and see how the situation was dealt porperly.

As long as no one overreacts or makes a flamewar out of this, this very thread can roll just fine.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Gauntlet » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 am

Yeah, true. I suppose one could argue that, no matter what the thread is about, it depends on the people and what they say. We had a thread on abortion, and while it didn't have a whole lot of responses, nobody said anything to get it locked. Still, though, it's a matter of dealing with people's feelings and thoughts on a more personal level than abortions and the like, if that made sense

I don't know, I think if someone isn't the highest ranking, they probably won't get mad. It probably won't turn into a competition, or a civil war on the forum, or anything, but it's kind of a personal deal, a feeling of inadequateness for some. I believe they would be very cool about it if everyone played nice, but I think on a more personal note, it might hit a nerve.

It's up to you guys. I know you'll take it the right way, I just don't want it to hit anyone in the wrong place and create some internal problems and whatnot. I still hold my place as no vote, though.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby CotS » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:42 am

lol, where's the "they're all great" option?
I think I'll go with "no vote" as well, not only because I don't want get anyone angry at me, but also because I think it's a team job, no one person can do it, and not one person can be the best at it.
AKA PotterFreak
Ignorance is bliss, but with knowledge comes power.
FYI, I am a boy, live with it :P
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:25 pm

PotterFreak wrote:lol, where's the "they're all great" option?

I would disagree with that option.

I voted for Star Way. Sure the 3 current Admins can fit well the role of bringing stability to a forum as to locking threads, provide some discussion and banning members and erasing spambots... but really, anyone can do that role. None of them had the attitude that I've seen some admins or authorities on other Internet forums portray and it takes attitude and balls to make a great forum. Even if Erin stopped caring about this forum, she's still the best Admin this forum had while she cared.
MY85 offline

Postby CotS » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:45 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:

Well duh. It's a poll, it's not supposed to be something everybody agrees on.
AKA PotterFreak
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:49 pm

PotterFreak wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:

Well duh. It's a poll, it's not supposed to be something everybody agrees on.

Actually, I think that the "they're all great" option is something really, really cheap. Same goes for a "they all suck" option if the thread was about the worst staff member. What discussion would there be left on this thread? Everyone would literally suck up to the entire staff, regardless of their feelings about one or two staff members.

Actually, I think that I could have made the thread about the opposite. It would force persons to think harder about it. But if I was still a staff member by the time a thread like that existed, I would win the thread of "worst staff member" with the greatest of ease.
MY85 offline

Postby CotS » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:55 pm

It's not that cheap if you really appreciate them. I count at least most of them as my friends, and saying one is better than the other isn't right. You aren't supposed to say you like one friend more than the other. Like I said, it's a team job, and they are all good at it in my opinion.
AKA PotterFreak
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Ahhh, this is hard....

Erynn, for creating this forum
Stephen, 'cause well he's the High Commander! No questioning! :P
Mewberries, well....DUH
TB3, no brainer :P
AntiGravity, while only a mod for awhile has done a fair amount....

It's also hard for me to vote, 'cause I most likely go with Stephen since I consider him more of a friend then the others (no offense) and thus my view be bias. So...no vote...at least for now....
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:50 am

Looking at the poll... I really expected something more than just a cheap tie.

I'd like to know who voted for the other four. I could easily bet that each Staff member voted for themselves to make it even. That would be sort of sad... but I just think the outcome of the poll right now is cheap.
MY85 offline

Postby Jeremified » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:29 pm

Star Way is teh pwn. Mew and TB3 follow.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:58 am

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby yumi_yemimah » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 pm

I voted for stephen but I really dont have a reason
yemimah
yumi_yemimah offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: Oh im in my room so read the sign on the door and get out and STAY OUT!!!

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:29 pm

I really like all the staff here. But I see that Mewberries151 helping out a lot.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:12 pm

I vote for Mewberries :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:46 pm

I vote for TB3 'cause he's super-cool! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:50 am

Likewise (no offence intended to the others, of course)
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokogirl_147 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:37 pm

I picked Mewberries, because she is wicked nice, and I haven't really met anyone else.
Dance Dance Revolution Girl 4 Life
Lyokogirl_147 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet