Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Forum Clean-up?

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Should the forum get cleaned up?

Yes
29%
No
35%
It's going to be quite a feat for the admin&mods
35%

Total votes : 17

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:44 am

CBIzumi wrote:Not to seem like you're being ganged up on, but it would be nice to see links to locked threads that support your idea ^^;.. And about the "every single one", not every locked thread needs to be moved, because they're not all spam, nor useless once they're locked *blinks*

Indeed, that's how I'd feel about something like this. Some of the locked threads we have here are actually part of LF's history...and have also been used by the Admin/Mods as examples of what not to do. Simply deleting them all without any discretion whatsoever would indeed make the forum sparklingly free of locked threads, but we'd lose a bit of LF history and some good threads that contained some really good discussion...and some bad ones, that could be used as helpful newbie guide tools. ^^

If you could link up an example of what you mean, that would be very helpful...at any rate though, something like what you're proposing would ultimately be StarWay's decision really, as opposed to the Mods collectively. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:39 pm

I'm in favour of maybe going through LF and trying to clear it up a little - not necessarily deleteing historic locked threads, but more like those 'Two Minute Wonder' ones that never got more than 10 posts.

And I'd kinda delete the hundreds of non posters :P - God forbid that we end up like the official forums which (probably) has more members than posts! :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyokofreak » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:28 pm

TB3 wrote:I'm in favour of maybe going through LF and trying to clear it up a little - not necessarily deleteing historic locked threads, but more like those 'Two Minute Wonder' ones that never got more than 10 posts.

And I'd kinda delete the hundreds of non posters :P - God forbid that we end up like the official forums which (probably) has more members than posts! :P

Hmm... That sounds better.

When everyone says historic- I'm not getting the idea.
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:58 pm

Lyoko Freak wrote:
TB3 wrote:I'm in favour of maybe going through LF and trying to clear it up a little - not necessarily deleteing historic locked threads, but more like those 'Two Minute Wonder' ones that never got more than 10 posts.

Hmm... That sounds better.

When everyone says historic- I'm not getting the idea.

Threads like the first "Let's Talk Tech", likely along with certain games threads, and a few others in CL Discussion. Threads that had either a lot of effort into them, or serve as fun memories for people here. That kind of historic.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyokogirl_147 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Idk maybe
Dance Dance Revolution Girl 4 Life
Lyokogirl_147 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Reploid CB » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:06 pm

^^; Lyokogirl, next time please refrain from necroposting (reviving a topic that's more than a few months old with a post that doesn't add to the conversation or that's spammy). If you're a little confused over what constitutes necroposting, there's a topic clarifying it in the Site News area.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous