Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm

Code WIKI

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Code WIKI

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:07 pm

There's a very complete and thorough Wiki of CODE LYOKO called Code WIKI, which I found at LyokoForce.

Today's featured article on Code WIKI is Lyoko Freak.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:18 pm

*facepalms*

The owner of that site... We have... issues, you might say.

Ahh, I'll leave it at that. >.>';
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Wow those people are nuts. I couldn't help but laugh at their stupidity & obvious jealousy.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:02 pm

Star Way wrote:*facepalms*

The owner of that site... We have... issues, you might say.

Ahh, I'll leave it at that. >.>';

Oh, thanks a LOT! Now you've made me curious about what "issues" you're talking about! O_O
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:21 pm

Whoever the owner of that site is, he (or she) is being completely rude and immature and is obviously jealous of this site. I think Lyoko Freak is a great site and in the short time that I've been here I've had lots of fun. :D
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyChaos » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:35 pm

Well... ... that was... ... ... interesting... ... o_O O_o o_O

I'm guessing the refusal to link to CodeWIKI isn't the only point of contention based on the "article" about Erynn...
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tekirai » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:48 pm

*BURSTS INTO LAUGHTER*
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:09 pm

From experience, I do not have much love for Code: WIKI or it's staff - one instance occured when they started posting some of LTT's ideas and terms, whilst changing them drastically, presenting those theories as canon (along with other fan-concepts such as the 'Lyoko Monarchy') and refusing to remove the LTT stuff when I asked them.

So, what do they have to say about LF?

(reads)

Makes you wonder if this guys ever checked the forums out - I mean we have the BLEEPIN' VOICE ACTORS! :P

Umm, Erynn, does my mod rank include the right to declare Jihad? XD

;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:39 pm

The owner of that site, KFan, has been a total muckface lately and has been giving me a lot of lip. For starters, he has been yelling at me for attempting to state factual information.

Oh, and the 'Lyoko Monarchy' thing was my idea. XD
Last edited by Taelia on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:44 pm

TB3 wrote:Makes you wonder if this guys ever checked the forums out - I mean we have the BLEEPIN' VOICE ACTORS! :P

Surely if he knew about the VAs, he'd say "though they are clearly accounts made up by Erynn in order to boost site popularity." Did I just give the guy an idea? Crap.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:47 pm

XXX1 wrote:
TB3 wrote:Makes you wonder if this guys ever checked the forums out - I mean we have the BLEEPIN' VOICE ACTORS! :P

Surely if he knew about the VAs, he'd say "though they are clearly accounts made up by Erynn in order to boost site popularity." Did I just give the guy an idea? Crap.

You weren't the first one thinking and saying that idea. TL's Hikaru.

BTW... it takes enough to read KFan's profile and think that Code Wiki's full of idiots with wrong statements.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby TB3 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:49 pm

What do you mean by 'TL's Hikaru' Rodri? Has my brother been getting up to illicit business? :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:53 pm

Plus, he (Kfan) demands a lot of respect but doesn't get any!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:03 pm

TB3 wrote:What do you mean by 'TL's Hikaru' Rodri?

TechLink's Hikaru. Hikaru's a moderator from the TL site.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:19 pm

Well..after reading that article...I am nearly pissed...how can someone make an article like that, and blast a site, and the admin of the site as well....that is just downright wrong...they are just downright wrong...we dont change much...yeah right, we change every day....they just dont know what to look for...idiots...as far as phyiscally updating the site...Erynn doesnt have an infinite amount of time like this idiot apparently does, he or she must have no life...

Erynn..at least we appreciate what you do for us...so keep rockin, and we will always be here..Lyoko Freak to the death. Oh and TB3, I am joining you officially against this code wiki thing...we should add them to our special attack thread...hehe. ;)
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

What does the article say?

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:17 pm

I can't read the article; when I click on the link, it gives me a blank page.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jeremified » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:42 pm

Basically... it takes a good summary of LF and makes it sound bad.

Lyoko Freak is a Code: LYOKO fansite that recently celebrated its 1st birthday. It contains good information on the characters and some screenshots as well. It also has space for forums, fanfiction, fan art, and other interesting data. It is run by Erynn, and is the source for some character pictures. It also has a forum which only permits those under the age of 13 on the website if their parent or legal guardian signs a paper and mails it to Erynn. The main voice actors for the show are also members of the forum; this has boosted the site's popularity considerably. In a creative marketing startegy, Erynn also designed and published "avatars", an advertisement for the website that contains a link to the website and an graphic from Code: Lyoko. These avatars can easily be copied and pasted onto a website or other page, though Erynn insits that the person copying must acknoledge the copyright. These avatars helped boost the website's traffic signficantly.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:45 pm

you arent missing a very big article..its just a little thing about Lyoko Freak and Erynn and how the site isnt kept up, and how most of our info is wrong, and we dont talk about Code Lyoko as much as we have other games and things like that...its totally blasting the site and the founder...and they are whining about how we wont link up with their site...well hmm if you blast a site and say dumb things about it, of course we wont link up with you...idiots.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Alex » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:22 pm

Personally? I wouldn't worry too much about that place, although we could always go in and make edits (at least to our page). It's much like Uncyclopedia in the way it's kept - it not only allows, but encourages information that makes some sense, but that anyone who has any knowledge of the subject can see is wrong.

Code: LYOKO - Code WIKI entry wrote:Characters

As one would expect, their are various characters in the show, as it is a show. According to codelyoko.com, the story centers around seven humans, Jeremie, Aelita, Odd, Ulrich, Yumi, Sissi, and Herb, and the antagonist, XANA. Of course, there are various secondary characters worth mentioning, such as William and Jim, and various background characters who also provide interesting plot twists, such as Emily. See list of characters.
(Neo: Links were not maintained when quoted.)

See this rubbish? CL sure as heck doesn't center around Sissi and Herb, and even if they tried to get away with that, they didn't mention Nicholas. In Season 2, William is probably something more than a secondary character.

Oh, and how about this one?

Code Lyoko (website) - Code WIKI entry wrote:Code Lyoko, also known as codelyoko.com, is the official site for Code: LYOKO. It was created by Moonscoop, and contains information on the characters, locations, XANA (whom is not considered a character for unknown reasons), monsters, and the story, as well as the show's official forum. Registration is free and there are no age restrictions. It is obviously not up to date with the second season, as it does not mention Aelita's origin, Franz Hopper, or Carthage. The fourm occasionally contains vulgar language posted by users. Although the homepage is not in flash, the rest of the site is, which makes viewing via old computers virtually impossible. It also makes various false statements about the characters, such as saying Herb is plotting to kill Team Lyoko and that Aelita has never been materialized. Despite these issues, it is the largest Code: Lyoko fan site on the internet.

BTW, anyone notice the odd obsession with COPPA restrictions? This entry mentions they don't exist on the CL site, our article mentioned the age restriction of 13....
=======
Anyway, to repeat, we don't need to pay much attention to these guys. They're running a joke site... it just happens to have LF on it.
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:04 am

but the whole vulgar language thing is contained in an area that you need to have access to...seriously...they are very messed up. they are wrong on so many levels that its not even funny...but we wont sink to that level..we have other plans..oh yes we do.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:26 am

The Realm of Lyoko is my wiki, just to letcha know.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:42 am

I wouldnt trust anything else from this site, or this person, at all. I get all my info here anyway... :D
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:35 am

Aww, thanks for the support guys. ^^

I guess it's probably just that I've gotten so used to the jealousy and all that kind of crap that makes me not care very much about this guy one way or another... Or maybe it's just the completely, blatently rude way he signed the LF guestbook about 50 times begging to be linked back to. (First of all, I don't take requests for that sort of thing from my guestbook because I consider it an unreliable means of communication. If he wanted to be linked back to so badly he should have e-mailed me.) Of course, when I was unable to link back to him within a week he got impatient and started being even more rude, atwhich point I basically said, "I refuse to do business with someone who can't be polite and mature." I don't consider that to be an unresonable statement- do you?

So, I thought I was rid of him then, but he kept harassing me... It was absolutely ridiculous too, because I honestly can't figure out the motive... He sure as heck wasn't going to get linked back to by then, and if it was just to irritate me he wasn't doing a very good job because dealing with the things that pop up in my guestbook is usually last on my list when it comes to this site.

Then, of course, he started picking on the fact that I don't update the site often enough, which may be true, but I think I have a pretty darn good reason why the site's been at a standstill lately. (Moving to ENGLAND from America can cut into one's CL-fansite-updating time quite a bit. But maybe that's not a good reason after all, because, you know, I've only been without my own computer for six weeks now, and haven't been mourning over the fact that I left everything I know and love on an entirely different chunk of land at all. :bs: )

I dunno. I'm getting ahead of myself. Sorry for that. >.>;
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:43 am

Well said Erynn :)

Hmm - given that Code: WIKI, despite it's flaws, is very popular, I edited the article just now to prevent us getting bad publicity. The text as edited now reads:

Lyoko Freak is a Code: LYOKO fansite that recently celebrated its 1st birthday. It contains good information on the characters and some screenshots as well. It also has space for fanfiction, fan art, and other interesting data. It is run by Erynn, and is the source for some character pictures.

The website has not been updated of late, however this is due to Erynn recently moving home, rather than any negligence on her part.

Lyokofreak also has a forum with some 700 members (though many are admittedly non-posters the number of members who participate continues to grow). The main voice actors for the show are also members of the forum; this has boosted the site's popularity considerably. The forum also managed to get an interview with Herman Martin, the composer of Code: Lyoko's soundtrack.

In a creative marketing startegy, Erynn also designed and published "avatars", an advertisement for the website that contains a link to the website and an graphic from Code: Lyoko. These avatars can easily be copied and pasted onto a website or other page, though Erynn insits that the person copying must acknoledge the copyright. These avatars helped boost the website's traffic signficantly.

I do find it interesting that when describing the effect of the VAsjoining the article copied my documentary word for word, but that's beside the point.

More interesting is whether or not KFan, the admin (or Supercompter as he calls himself, no I did not make a spelling error) removes the tweaks I made. We shall see.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:47 pm

The front page still has the offensive version. Why, I could JUST-
Carth offline

Next