Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am

A Birthday Present - The Lyokofreak Documentary

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

You enjoy?

Yes
95%
Meh
5%
Nope
No votes

Total votes : 42

Postby Akito » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Jeremified wrote:
Supersonic Master wrote:Hey, you forgot me :P

I think TB3 tried to include all the major posters. Since you have 40 or 50 or something, he probably didn't include you.
I know. I was just kidding ;)

By the way, those were great TB3 :)
I am the walking, talking fishpoodle!
The former Supersonic Master
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Darkborn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:58 pm

The Tribute was nice...but why Kimura for me? Just because of my Location? Lol...oh wait..Azumanga..girls...Kimura...only guy on show...me...male..
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:40 pm

And the fact that it's a girl's anime, and you always talk about the teacher, and that was your most memorable avvie...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Odd22 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Mr. kimura is funny at the pool, miss sakaki is pimp (.)(.) lol.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:05 pm

...Um.. dude...

xD;; I decided that if I was a girl, the only one I'd be relatively close to is Sakaki. And I'm like a cross between her, Osaka, and Tomo. With a little bit of Yomi. xD
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:17 pm

It's official - Azumanga can take over anything at a moment's notice. Exhibit A - see how this thread has been sidetracked. Sorta. It's slightly on topic, but it was wavering, rambling - as I am. I'll shut up now...

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Darkborn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:27 pm

*Looks around and smacks forehead* I'm the cause of this....Sry....I liked it TB
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Thank you...

I'm like... Osaka and Tomo, with a little bit of Chiyo.

But The teachers are funny.
Yukari: Shee? It's like thish shish kebob thing! The onions are shmee, and the peppers are yoo!
Nyamo: What the **** did you say?
Yukari: Yukari ish an english teacher so she'll marry in too monnie! I love you guys... *Falls over

Stop living in the past! You need to embrace the present!
Nyamo: Stop getting drunk off of orange juice.

Postby Darkborn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Go to the Azu topic in GD not this one.....
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:25 pm

Ahh, but i do not want to double post... and for me, edit and delete functions are down. You post.

And thanx TB3 for that CLSlomix there! It's awesome!

Video Linkage

Postby __lovexme. » Mon May 01, 2006 7:32 pm

You guys have the link for the videos??? I've yet to seen it....
hold me in your arms and tell me I'm your love...

****RIP. Chris Benoit and family****
__lovexme. offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon May 01, 2006 7:35 pm

In the first post.

Postby MY85 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:50 pm

TB3 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Hey TB3... you did the same thing as the GK producers did at the end of the credits. >*

Pardon? :umm:

You didn't credited Jamiroquai's song "Love Foolosophy" on your video... and you went the same way as GK on that. :wag:

Edit: 6900 posts...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Re: Video Linkage

Postby TB3 » Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Ah, cheers Rodri - lol :*D

x0x_lolz_x0x wrote:You guys have the link for the videos??? I've yet to seen it....

The link's at the top of the thread. Enjoy! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Tue May 02, 2006 4:15 pm

So.. wow.. I've finally gotten the chance to watch this video. x)

Before I comment on anything I must first say to TB3, excellent job!

However, being a senior member of LyokoFreak I can't help but be a little saddened by the video. Although you did a tremendous job, TB3, and can't be blamed because you simply weren't here during LF's earliest days, this isn't what I, personally, would have liked to see as the history.. because it was lacking..

The first month or so of LF is now pretty much deleted away. But the original group that was posting everywhere and partying constantly in BKO was:

-StarWay
-x1
-Yizzy
-Rodri
-Werwek
-Me, Linii-chan

There was also Little Vili, DL, OBoy occasionally (this was way before he.. changed, in the nicest way put), and also Chibi (until the huge fight over Christian). There were threads such as "Who Would You Date?" and numerous others.. hehe, those were actually the cause of two of LF's famous relationships (still going strong after a year, I may add): x1/Yizzy and Werwek/Me.

Basically, this video didn't portray my LF, and everything that it means to me. I know that it would be selfish to request that for just the early group of us, because LF means so many things to so many different people, so I guess this is just my personal reflection on it.

However, regardless, TB3, you did an awesome job. I know it must have been difficult for you to gather even that much information and have the patience to make the video, and you did it great. Your video skills are tremendous and overall it was just a very nice tribute. I'm sorry I had to nitpick it and be bratty. :p

Heh.. I'm like so nostalgic now after thinking about all of that..
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue May 02, 2006 4:28 pm

Linii wrote:However, being a senior member of LyokoFreak I can't help but be a little saddened by the video. Although you did a tremendous job, TB3, and can't be blamed because you simply weren't here during LF's earliest days, this isn't what I, personally, would have liked to see as the history.. because it was lacking..

The first month or so of LF is now pretty much deleted away. But the original group that was posting everywhere and partying constantly in BKO was:

-StarWay
-x1
-Yizzy
-Rodri
-Werwek
-Me, Linii-chan

Now, while I agree with you almost completely, I'm going to step in here, because x1, Yizzy, Star Way, and Rodri were "posting everywhere and partying constantly in BKO" a whole month before you and Werwek were... Not to be mean at all, I'm just saying it's weird that you were a little disappointed, but none of the members before you came were..(Or at least they didn't say..)

Linii wrote:There were threads such as "Who Would You Date?" and numerous others.. hehe, those were actually the cause of two of LF's famous relationships (still going strong after a year, I may add): x1/Yizzy and Werwek/Me.

What do you mean? [size=0]If you're saying those threads caused those relationships, then you're only half right, because x1 & Yizzy were together before them...If that's not what you mean, disregard that statement.[/size]

Linii wrote:However, regardless, TB3, you did an awesome job. I know it must have been difficult for you to gather even that much information and have the patience to make the video, and you did it great. Your video skills are tremendous and overall it was just a very nice tribute. I'm sorry I had to nitpick it and be bratty. :p

I agree, it obviously took awhile..
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Tue May 02, 2006 4:36 pm

Enox wrote:Now, while I agree with you almost completely, I'm going to step in here, because x1, Yizzy, Star Way, and Rodri were "posting everywhere and partying constantly in BKO" a whole month before you and Werwek were... Not to be mean at all, I'm just saying it's weird that you were a little disappointed, but none of the members before you came were..(Or at least they didn't say..)

Yes, I know that you four were there before Hiro and I. Maybe it was just a flaw of this coming from my perception of the whole thing (which truly shows how significant LF is to so many people, because we all have a different vision of it depending on when we joined), but I guess I also felt as though when we came it sort of.. "completed" the group. I'm sorry if I overestimated our friendship..?

Enox wrote:What do you mean?

Well, obviously it wasn't the cause of our relationships, just something that was a really big thing during the time that all of them were forming. I know you and Yizzy were already together then but you were still denying it, and although Hiro and I also had a history that began much before that time we DID get together only a little while after. Again, sorry for any.. mistakes; this was just my recollection on it.
I <3 Stephen
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue May 02, 2006 4:40 pm

Linii-chan wrote:Maybe it was just a flaw of this coming from my perception of the whole thing (which truly shows how significant LF is to so many people, because we all have a different vision of it depending on when we joined), but I guess I also felt as though when we came it sort of.. "completed" the group.

Yeah, I guess....

Linii-chan wrote: I'm sorry if I overestimated our friendship..?

What? Of course not! I was just being a dork.

Linii-chan wrote:Again, sorry for any.. mistakes; this was just my recollection on it.

Yeah, we all remember things differently, is all.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Tue May 02, 2006 9:42 pm

Hi Linii - thanks for your thoughts! :)

I'm sorry if the video dissapointed in anyway - as you said, I was not around during LF's earliest days, so my efforts were poured into capturing the soul of the forum that I personally know, which is perhaps more why it's grounded in the present tense than the past. The best way of showing the difference in our 'periods' with LF is that I joined the forum it was October, and when you started in April, I had no idea that CL even existed, and wouldn't for two to three more months.

Also, again not to sound mean, but I don't really know some of the senior members that well - yourself, Werwek, Katie and Yizzy are faces that I'm not particularly accustomed too, and while I did try and get in a fair bit of 'the early days' by showing Starway's first post and giving Yizzy and Katie 'faces', I couldn't trust myself to write at length about people I wasn't familiar with, and of course the relationships inherant, which have obviously always have been very deep and very meaningful to you guys - OBoy made some beautiful posts on the subject before he, as you put it 'changed'. There was no way I could have done you guys justice. :)

And you're right - it did take a while to make - I think two days of casual work and then an eight-hour stint devoted to it on the third day - by the time I finished it was 2am and I was having minor hallucinations! XD

And I'd like to thank everyone who's looked at the vid so far, from Starway, to YDV, Darkborn, Rodri, Matt Geczy etc.

Thanks guys, cheers, and again, I'm sorry if this did not fulfil your hopes - next time, I'll be sure to consult with you guys to capture as much of LF's history as possible :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Tue May 02, 2006 9:53 pm

Don't worry, TB3. I completely understand your position. As we both pointed out, LF is different to all of us based on the time that we joined. You did an amazing job capturing your vision and experiences here.

I agree that you could not have done us justice because you simply weren't here during that time. You did what you could do and you did it great. This is entirely a POV matter, because the actual work was amazing.

I'm sorry if I put a damper on things by mentioning how I felt about it. ^^; Honestly, it wasn't meant to do that because I think TB3 did a wonderful thing for Erynn and the forum and all of the members here by making this video. I suppose I just got a bit nostalgic while watching it, remembering when I first started out here and how my life changed forever.
I <3 Stephen
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Linii-chan wrote:I suppose I just got a bit nostalgic while watching it, remembering when I first started out here and how my life changed forever.

Now this is something I can empathise with - back when I discovered the show I was in school, now I'm in university - it's interesting for me to speculate of what might have happened if I'd never seen Code: Lyoko, or not gone through the sequence of events that triggered this love of it - would I be a different person as a consequence - would any of you?

That's how I see CL and LF as life-changing - through the show I've found a 'safety-valve' for my frustrations - something timeless and simple to love, and in LF I've found 'virtual friends' of a kind - I don't doubt that I am a better person for it - one example is how through my fanworks I've become more creative and my university work has improved as a result, but that is just one example.

Everyone had their own story to tell don't they. :) Maybe that could be the subject of the next documentary...
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:07 am

You forgot me! Another than that awesome!
Blank slate soon to be wrote on.

lyokowarriorteen20010 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Sun May 07, 2006 1:18 pm

lyokowarriorboy2005 wrote:You forgot me! Another than that awesome!

Er... no offense, but... *pokes your join date* :P

Oh well. Maybe next year. xD;
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:01 am

Oh me sorry!
Blank slate soon to be wrote on.

lyokowarriorteen20010 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby lyokodude » Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 am

Great video tb3 keep up the good work.
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext