Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 am

Possible Downtime

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Possible Downtime

Postby Star Way » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:31 pm

(I put this here because it really isn't an official announcement.)

Those of you who have been here for a substantial amount of time probably remember when the site's URL was lyokofreak.toxicocean.net rather than lyokofreak.net. We moved a long time ago, and that's ancient history, and blah blah blah.

But. I never actually moved the database from that subdomain to this domain (I can't remember why, now). So until today, the database containing all of the threads and private messages and users and et cetera were still located in the other domain, while the forum itself was at lyokofreak.net. Confusing? Well, don't sweat the details-- just understand that as of now everything related to the forum is under one roof.

But that's not even why this announcement was created... What I'm getting at is that there COULD be downtime for the forum, should it not be able to connect to the database in its new location for whatever reason. Maybe. I don't know. I've never moved a database before, and I don't know exactly what effect doing so has on a db-run program such as the forum you are currently wasting your life on.

Anyhoo. Just thought I'd let you know.

I don't think this warning will turn out to be necessary, of course... my host is rather nice in that way, always having the option to reverse whatever stupid mistakes we site owners make... But just in case, I'm posting this.

Kay. Shoo, now.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin