Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 pm

Trying Something New

This is a forum for anything directly connected to this website. This is NOT for Code Lyoko discussion

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Trying Something New

Postby Star Way » Sat May 14, 2005 1:09 pm

<s>For a while, I have decide to repeal most of the laws about using bad language outside of Big Kids Only. I want to see how this goes. There are a few things I'd like to clarify before I make any changes to the official rules, though:

1. DO NOT ABUSE THIS PRIVALEGE. If your posts are constantly filled with nothing but trash, I'll go right back to how it was before. Just a swear word here and there is what you can do. I don't want to see any posts where every other word is a bad word.

2. WORD RESTRAINT. While I'm allowing you to use a few words, please steer away from the f word if you can. If you need to make a big post containing the f word a lot, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep that on BKO.

3. OTHER USERS. You may NOT cuss at other users.

4. GENERAL. By mostly removing this rule, I am not saying that you can say whatever you'd like outside of BKO. The other rules about posting (such as being nice, not posting sexual themes, and in fanart and fanfiction giving a descriptive warning about the content) are still in effect. I'm just going to stop being as strict about language.

If there are problems with this, as stated earlier, I will have to put the old rules back in effect.

Questions? Comments?</s>

This rule will NOT be in effect. Rules are now the same as before.
Last edited by Star Way on Mon May 16, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Dummo Marx » Sat May 14, 2005 6:59 pm

Sounds good....but can we now be antisemitical? (j/k)
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yizzy » Sun May 15, 2005 9:10 pm

I'm not sure I'll like this rule but its your forum I still respect the freedom your giving ppl but.....
[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby Star Way » Sun May 15, 2005 9:27 pm

No, tell me everything you don't like. If I agree with you, I will delete this post and we can act like it never happened. :)
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Yizzy » Mon May 16, 2005 5:01 pm

As much as everybody should be very surprised and anxious for this to be allowed,and the generousity and kindness of even making one board allowing this, is very rare and nice in a person.

But I'm not completly sure about this I think its going a little overboard,oh course it is rather nice of you to put restrictions on this.And it is very great that this isnt like tvtome and you actually feel free.Its just you already gave rodri a warning.I dont want to be the one to be a goodie goodie but its just that I dont want anybody consideribly young to see stuff like that even though that kid may be in a right mind,It actually encourages people to swear.I think the internet is a huge influence on people.

Although it may be very refreshing that you'd think on letting people swear a little bit I dont really want it to get out of hand and possibly cause an arguement.

It is very thoughtful that you put restrictions on this plevledge,And for that I will let you allow this.But like you said,if any bad stuff happens it would be nice to take this away.Well I'm going to give this a chance.
[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby Star Way » Mon May 16, 2005 5:06 pm

I dunno. I think you're right.

With a forum consisting more of older people who are generally more mature, I could see this rule being just fine because they know where to stop.

But the Code Lyoko fandom is made up of a much younger audience; and those that get online and join forums are usually around 11-15 or so... no offense to anyone of that age (I mean, I'm that age too) but they tend to push the envelope until things have gone way too far. I've seen this happen on BKO, and have been a little annoyed by it.

This rule will not take effect. Thank you for your input, YIS. :)

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin