Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

New forum rule effective immediately

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:50 pm

Dylan0513 wrote: Why did you lock Survivor?

Read my post above TB3's post. I edited it.

TB3 wrote:Doing my best not to get angry here but I just came to you with an apology for anything I've said or done that has angered you or caused you stress (and to make a humble request), and you're spitting in my face!

Okay... I did respected you a lot before. Mark my words... and for the spitting part, I don't have something good in mind to say.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Dylan0513 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:54 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

She didn't say that about Survivor so give me a real reason!
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:56 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Only you, odd22 and someone else were playing it!! Stop asking me about crap or else!!
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Dylan0513 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:58 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Dylan0513 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Only you, odd22 and someone else were playing it!! Stop asking me about crap or else!!

No! Again you're wrong! Anime person was. DB was. Raven was. Lyoko is cool was.

Enough people! And it's only the beginning!

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby xLyOkO mAsTeRx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:15 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Dylan0513 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Dylan what's the problem between you and Rodri? Rodri has a point there that the Game Section was getting too full of spam and nonsense. If he locks certain threads that he thinks would just be a waste of time, then he has a right to lock them seeing as he's the Mod to the Games. Why is that such a big deal if he does so? I would get p*ssed too if I had to go over pages and pages of spam every time I logged on and try and fix it all.
I don't know what to put here anymore...
xLyOkO mAsTeRx offline

Location: That little place in your mind that says "Yes" when parents say "No"

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:38 pm

Dylan, half of the threads in the Games Forum are yours...the other half are kept alive by you and a handful of people....not only have you taken an almost monopolic seige on the forum, but also try to meddle your game experience on contest topics created by other people.

Spam is considered as major, unreasonable posting...when the first page has your name in the "most recent message" after 5 minutes...then it is unreasoable...

What people are saying Dylan is not whether TB3, Team Lyoko....etc. post or not...they're saying only a very small group of people DO post....less than ten if I'm not mistaken

Don't go off checking the threads now...because I know you will, instead think about the new users....they post once...and when they check up, maybe an hour after, they're post ahs been completely left behind...

By posting at such a horrendous pace you're hurting the Forum, not only the board...

And by disrespecting the Mods like you have, you're only hurting yourself...remember they have the power to ban you if they feel you are disrespecting them...even if you don't notice

Guest offline

Postby Dummo Marx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:42 pm

Yea ok..that was my post, forgot to Login sorry
Who's a man and a half? I'm a man and a half
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby xLyOkO mAsTeRx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:46 pm

Werwek wrote:Yea ok..that was my post, forgot to Login sorry

Lol nice Werwek! All is forgiven.
xLyOkO mAsTeRx offline

Postby Dummo Marx » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:20 am

hehehehe ^^;;;;
thanks
Who's a man and a half? I'm a man and a half
Dummo Marx offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:24 am

Dylan0513 wrote:Don't lock anymore game threads Rodri, what;'s wrong with them? It's getting me pissed off that you're locking every thread that has 2 new pages of posts when you come back on. Is it that hard to keep up?

I usually try to avoid arguements like these, but I have to admit that it is hard to keep up with 2 new pages of posts when one returns. Considering how quickly one returns, it might even be far more posts than just two pages worth. Not everyone reads as quickly as everyone else. Also, because all of us have different connection speeds, loading two pages worth of posts (along with each posters' icon and sig pics) can become an exceedingly difficult and time-consuming task. And not everyone has alot of time to spend on the net at that. Posting two pages worth of game posts that may take a viewer a long time to read excludes them from playing the game. It really is difficult to keep up with, and I think both StarWay and Rodri have made good judgement on what to do about it and make the forums fun and easily useable for everyone.

As for why Survivor 5 might have been locked...in all honesty, it very much resembled TVT's "Elimination game", as all of the participants were simply all voting for the same character and slowly eliminating them one by one. There wasn't any adversity, and therefore it wasn't exactly a competition. Plus...it was all voting. You controlled which characters were up for elimination, and which challenges were played and who wins what in which challenge. No one else had any say in that. In fact...the game more resembled a fanfic than anything. In Survivor's case, I don't believe it was "posts" in particular, but the fact that it wasn't really a game. Broken down to its basics...it was a thread-sized poll. *shrugs*

Moving on to the other threads that have been locked, "LF Contest of the Month" was in the wrong place, and also was a tad hard to understand, rule and concept-wise. "New moves" contains mostly the types of posts that have been banned on LF, which justifies the lock as well.

Anyway, I really don't think that Rodri's locks are unjust either. He's a good Mod, and he's been here far longer than most of us have. He would know what makes a good game, since he's seen all the ideas that have come through, and witnessed which ones worked and which ones didn't. He also should not have to be put through the torture of having to deal with 2+ pages of posts on every thread, for the reasons I stated above and simply because no one would want to have to deal with that. Rodri is simply trying to make things fair and easy for everyone on this forum, and uphold StarWay's instructions. Please don't shout at him telling him he has no idea what he's doing. He does know what he's doing and he's not abusing his power at all. He only locked three Games threads, and those all had justifiable reasons for being locked.

LF is not TV.com...here we only delete/lock threads when it's absolutely necessary. ;) Please try to have a little more faith in the Mods and Admin here, as they truly are good at what they do, which is making this forum and it's various boards fun for everyone. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:38 am

Dylan0513 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Dylan0513 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Six people? Out of 229? That hardly constitutes a great number of people playing a game. The point of what Rodri said was that you and a few others had taken over the games forum almost completely. If you can only come up with six people posting on the same game over and over all day, it starts to become a nuisance that the mods have to wade through later.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Dylan0513 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:51 am

First of all I want to say that I'm not mad at anyone but Rodri. So, don't try to put that against me. A lot of you have been brining up the small # of members. You say we have 200. Well guess what, only 50 are active. And if 10 of them play in the games it's 1/5, 20% and that's enough to lock a thread? No Again, I stait(sp?) that this would all be resolved if Erynn movexd Rodri as mod to another forum, and put a different mod in the games forum.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby OB-waN » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:31 am

Dylan0513 wrote:First of all I want to say that I'm not mad at anyone but Rodri. So, don't try to put that against me. A lot of you have been brining up the small # of members. You say we have 200. Well guess what, only 50 are active. And if 10 of them play in the games it's 1/5, 20% and that's enough to lock a thread? No Again, I stait(sp?) that this would all be resolved if Erynn movexd Rodri as mod to another forum, and put a different mod in the games forum.

Right, Dylan...look around you bro, see a pattern here? :umm:

First and foremost, don’t EVER disrespect Rodri. He is your MOD and there wouldn’t be a game board literately if it wasn’t for him asking Erin to make one.

You have yet to figure it out, your still wading in the dark. You and your name here, they STILL have an impact from your TVT days, you still have the “annoying Dylanâ€
Last edited by OB-waN on Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:17 am

Thank you Chibi, Werwek and Ransomed_Heart. That's pretty good to read about.

And a special thank you to OBoy #1 and Mewberries151 for backing me up the way you guys did. It was priceless.

OBoy #1 wrote:First and foremost, don’t EVER disrespect Rodri. He is your MOD and there wouldn’t be a game board literately if it wasn’t for him asking Erin to make one.

Actually, I must say Linii-chan and Star Way talked first about the idea of the Games forum. I jsut requested the Games Moderator position when Erynn talked to me about that idea. The first version of Hug/Kiss/Smack, etc. started at BKO, just to let you know. So then, it moved to games.

As for Dylan... let's just say I hate him much more than SamBlob does... oh, and ignoring is gay (with the exception of spam games and certain crap on forums), in my opinion... so I can expect Blob to say something here and finish the war that IMO was never finished, just suspended temporarly.

When you first came, we were all like "oh, s**t... what the f**k?", because Erynn swore she would never let you into LF, but well, accidents happen. But even if you came, some of us thought you could change for good, but you're pretty much the same fool as many of us have seen on Tvtome and tv.com... and one thing, so you can grow your hate on me: I wished I would had paid $50 to Darklord. We made a bet and he said $50 that you wouldn't last until Halloween... I wished he would had won.

Just to add two things:

As for TB3, there's a dark past behind Dylan and most of the ex-tomers. Feel free to ask about it, if you want to. And my apologies for ignoring your intentions of apologizing.

As for YDV, I have answered your PM.
MY85 offline

Postby xLyOkO mAsTeRx » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:50 pm

But Rodri there is a point though. Why would anyone want to go to Games and have all the topics filled with spam? It would be just one big mess along with all the things people say to make everyone scared. Personally, I have no problem with threads being locked. Although a couple of those were mine (Like the "The <, >, V Game"). I guess it would be my fault that those filled up with spam too quickly and I apologize for that. It was a bad mistake to bring it here.
xLyOkO mAsTeRx offline

Postby Snarky Jargon » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Oh, wow. Nice rule and... yeah. Drama, wut.

As a newbie (but... hopefully not unintelligent or annoying), I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the games forum.

Games, by their very nature, are spam. They are not discussions. When was the last time a good, intelligent discussion came out of the Games forum? Most likely never. Games contribute to nothing: not to fan fiction, not to Lyoko discussion, not even to General discussion.

I used to moderate another board with a similar problem. The way we dealt with this problem by setting the forum in a manner so any posts made there didn't affect a person's post count. This way the moderators didn't tear their hair out from frustration, and the members could saturate the forum with their games without having to worry about making their posts meaningful. (Not that many people try to make their posts meaningful even in the Discussion boards, but still.)

If that isn't possible, than I'd suggest that you get rid of the forum all together. Obviously, the Games are a source of great controversy. If there is no solution or comprimise to be found, do away with it. If so few people play in the Games Forum, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say they could play it via instant messenger or such.

edit: Because I am the lord of punctuation. Really.
We think the flower on the precipice is beautiful
Because our fear make our feet stop at its edge
instead of stepping forward into the sky
like that flower.

-Kubo Taito
Snarky Jargon offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby xLyOkO mAsTeRx » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:30 pm

I understand this rule perfectly Eynn!
xLyOkO mAsTeRx offline

Postby DL » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:42 pm

I cannot believe that I missed the fight...if only I were here...it would make up for me haveing lost that $50 to Rodri...if I that plan had been enacted...well Dylan would have got banned but everyone deserves a second chance

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SamBlob » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:17 pm

I used to enjoy the Games forum before the tsunami came in.

And, IIRC, the tsunami came in before the ghosts of the past returned to haunt us again.

The Lyoko Freak Hotel was locked for the right reason, it reached, actually exceeded, 1000 posts. I thought I could bring back the essence of it. And it worked, for a while. Then it got deluged.

As bad as that was, at least I could still enjoy the ^ < V game. Until that got deluged by the ghosts of the past.

I enjoyed the Games section, and I would like to enjoy it again, but if it cannot be enjoyable with the current membership, then, by all means, sink it. There is always the hope of building another if the conditions become more suitable for it.

I had been chastised for my behaviour regarding the ghost before, so I had decided to ignore him completerly. But Rodri and OBoy have pointed out that now would be a good time to employ the capabilities of an exorcist. Or maybe an Exocet. Whatever works in removing the ghosts of the past and their ghouls.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd22 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:44 pm

I know for a fact that i am going to slip up alot, but hear are things i am asking about that i do with out really knowing

I usually dont capitalize my I's, but it isnt as bad as l3t5 g0 and 3at

i also say (write) u instead of you is that ok i was just wondring
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Odd-Like-Me » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:44 pm

eyrn, i really like your idea but i mean, 4 speeling mistakes and a permanent ban???? thats kind of harsh. what if the spelling mistake was actually a mistake, not just lazyness like "omg" e.t.c. and im not a perfect speller myself.

i like your idea and it's good for the forum but are you sure that the punishments are good to? i mean they're very extream. ;__;
Tv Tome can never be beaten, R.I.P, to the best site in the world.

<x>
Odd-Like-Me offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Star Way » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Four separate *posts* that are against the rule will get you permanently banned.

Actual typos are fine. But in your case, it's obvious to me that you didn't make an effort to type properly because you have not just one, two, or even three mistakes... you have several.

It may be a little harsh, and I admit to as much, but the spam has got to go, and I'm willing to take things to the extreme in order to get it that way.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Reesane » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:55 pm

ummm.... I can't spell to save my life.

Will I have to start using spell check on every post?
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby bduddy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:03 am

Yayzorz!
Now, if only the whole world were like that...
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Reesane » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:48 am

however, now I can READ most posts... :D
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter