Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:29 am

New forum rule effective immediately

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Little Vili » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:07 pm

not to mention...it would get quite tiring after a while. If I happen to notice somthing that looks truely out of place, and I know was not on purpose (some things you can just tell). I'd probably fix it. Though there are a lot of topics I dont really go on. Not to mention, I havent been active as much this week, and most likely the same will happen next week as well.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:10 pm

I would get tired after awhile. Same with you, I dont go on every board. But, if its ok for you to do this, I'll tell you if there is any post that you should fix. ^_~
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:33 pm

Okay, I read through your posts and I hope what I'm about to say will clear up most of your questions/thoughts/comments up.

First and foremost, I am not banning mistakes. Typos are natural and there's nothing you can do to stop them. They are not unprofessional and they are not wrong. I am also not banning most of the various internet shorthand words, such as LOL, LMAO, CL, LF, OMG, etc.

But.

There is a point where one crosses a certain line when typing this way. When a post is filled to the top with internet shorthand, it's spam.

This also applies to typos; there are typos, and then there are posts where the user was not trying at all to capitalize or punctuate... those are the ones not allowed here.

If you slip up a few times per post, that is also okay.

Now, I don't mean to pick on anyone, but it seems to me that odd22 doesn't understand when I say "type properly." I've sent you several PMs about this and you seem to have ignored them all. Next time your account will be suspended.

As for my mods, I should probably speak to you all in private... but under the circumstances (ahem... me not being on my own computer that has IM) I'll address this issue here. I *do not* want you to go through every single post that is against the rules and edit them; delete them if you want and send a warning to the offender, but if you edit it for them they won't learn that they did something wrong.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Star Way » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:46 pm

Oh, by the way guys, this is mildly off-topic but needs to be said anyway: the Games forum is not a spamfest for only three or four of you to participate in. It is also not where you raise your post count to 5000. If you've already posted quite a bit in one day on a single thread, stop posting for a bit and let others participate. Geez, guys...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Darkborn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:48 pm

Yea, i used to be a game section freak. But I've tuned down a bit. :D
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Star Way wrote:Oh, by the way guys, this is mildly off-topic but needs to be said anyway: the Games forum is not a spamfest for only three or four of you to participate in. It is also not where you raise your post count to 5000. If you've already posted quite a bit in one day on a single thread, stop posting for a bit and let others participate. Geez, guys...

*hugs Erynn* About time you had to said that. The question would be if they pay attention to you or not. Should there be a post limit for the Games section per day? And btw, I'm not pleased at having to run through many posts just to fix 1 or 2 mistakes and also the fact of 3 or 4 members playing over there like if it was only for them. I will be locking threads if this happens again. Should I do that, Erynn?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:53 pm

You do whatever will make your job easier, Rodri. And it's high time you started locking more threads. ;)

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:57 pm

Maybe he should lock The ^, <, V Game? I don't know. It's confusing now, and the only person who really posts is Dylan.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Star Way » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Well... that can be discussed elsewhere.

As for the real purpose of this thread, I'd just like to say that I'm very serious about banning people who break this rule constantly. Since I won't be able to be on much for the next few days, I ask that you guys keep your eyes peeled and PM me when someone is repeatedly breaking the rule. That would be really nice of you. =)

If someone is really breaking the rule, here is what will happen:

1st time:
Thread locked or post deleted, and a warning will be sent to the offender's PM inbox.

2nd time:
Same as 1st offense.

3rd time:
User will be banned for 48 hours and a notification will be sent to their e-mail address.

4th time:
If being banned for two days doesn't make them stop, they will be banned for good.

All previous posts by a user do not count against them. Only new ones do.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:06 pm

I already locked two threads for certain reasons. About the game Starlight is considering, I liked it, but I think I might lock it. It's full of silly posts and they're scaring people away.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:11 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:I already locked two threads for certain reasons. About the game Starlight is considering, I liked it, but I think I might lock it. It's full of silly posts and they're scaring people away.

I swear the only people playing that game are like Dylan, YDV, Odd22, and TB3.
Saphire-089 offline

Postby OB-waN » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:16 pm

Hey, I got a great idea...when your making the new boards, make a trash can to put on the locked threads in so your site doesn't look like a hurricane came in and trashed the place. I see lots of locked threads and it makes your site look very dirty and un-professional. Clean up your boards one of these day S.Way, when you get a chance to do so, this way we will not have to wade through tons of locked threads in the CL, Art, Fics, GD, BKO boards.

Just a little tip...and the new rule is kinda harse, BUT it is needed. Everyone here is about 14 on average, so if you didn't learn how to type during elementary school, or even the middle or high school you are at now, please take time out to learn on the side. This is not only good for Lyokofreak.net...but it's good to know for the future, where most jobs will need people who can type in a quick and grammatically manner.

I will miss the few who will get ban, don't give up on web-forums because S.Way made a new rule, she didn't do it to try and ban you (I Hope). She did it to better her web-site. Just try and practice your typing and good luck to you people.

~Jeff
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Lol!!

A dumpster? Not so sure about it, but if Erynn would do that, it's her decision. I hardly think she would do that.
MY85 offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:25 pm

OBoy #1 wrote:Hey, I got a great idea...when your making the new boards, make a trash can to put on the locked threads in so your site doesn't look like a hurricane came in and trashed the place. I see lots of locked threads and it makes your site look very dirty and un-professional. Clean up your boards one of these day S.Way, when you get a chance to do so, this way we will not have to wade through tons of locked threads in the CL, Art, Fics, GD, BKO boards.

Titansgo.net has this thing called "BB's Closet" where they put all the locked threads in history to show the users what not to post. I don't know if we should try that.
Saphire-089 offline

Postby OB-waN » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:29 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Lol!!

A dumpster? Not so sure about it, but if Erynn would do that, it's her decision. I hardly think she would do that.

Hey, don't knock it, most bigger forums have some place to put older, less post on threads. This is only for the important threads like the LF fan-fic, or my wonderfull threads....everything else can be deleted because it looks stupid to have it like that. You guys remembered when Gino shorted the board back at TVT??? Well, we need to do that BEFORE Thanksgiving and the rest of the Holidays...Many kids are going to get PC or Notebooks and come here to a very active board, but it's not cleaned up everyday do to a very busy Erin.

She can have one of her RL friends do it for her, or she can do it, as long as it's done and the site looks nice and clean....for the Holidays at LF.net
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:40 pm

Starlight wrote:Titansgo.net has this thing called "BB's Closet" where they put all the locked threads in history to show the users what not to post. I don't know if we should try that.

That's good! Perhaps Odd's Closet? *snicker*
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:41 pm

Starlight wrote:Titansgo.net has this thing called "BB's Closet" where they put all the locked threads in history to show the users what not to post. I don't know if we should try that.

That's good! Perhaps Odd's Closet? *snicker*
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby some perplexity » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:13 pm

ANYWAY.

Back to being on topic.

I like this rule. Hehe. A lot. I seriously have this one friend who types like "LIEK OH EM GEE ZEE ES ZEE HOW ARE YA'Z! LOLZZZZ!!!!"

Gah. I can't STAND it anymore! *tears out hair*

Anywho. Personally, I got sick of that "l33t" talk when i first layed eyes on it. :arg:

Good rule. Talk to you later.

[sig and icon both made by meh.]
[ ..no touchie..]
some perplexity offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dylan0513 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:34 pm

Don't lock anymore game threads Rodri, what;'s wrong with them? It's getting me [edited] off that you're locking every thread that has 2 new pages of posts when you come back on. Is it that hard to keep up?
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:39 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:Don't lock anymore game threads Rodri, what;'s wrong with them? It's getting me pissed off that you're locking every thread that has 2 new pages of posts when you come back on. Is it that hard to keep up?

Do you really think I LOVE to waste my f***ing time checking out who 5 or 6 stupid b*s*a*d* post all spamfest style and getting almost the entire first page of Games with new posts? Seriously, I'm applying to what Erynn is saying, and also what she said at page 4 of odd22's "new moves" thread. It's not only boring, but also stressing to check it out all the time and trying to fix things, but you guys have tested my patience.

TB3 wrote:Sorry if me, Dylan, YDV and Darkborn have caused trouble over this, we never did anything with intent to spam, except have fun.

Define "fun". Because your ways of having fun were first fun, then not.
MY85 offline

Postby Dylan0513 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:44 pm

I don't think you check your PMs, and sorry to get oof topic, but there's no where else to post this.

Dylan0513 wrote:Not you're getting on my nerves, WHY DID YOU LOCK SURVIVOR! And the contest wasn't just drawing, maybe if you read it...

Oh and, we're not spamming! We're playing the games how they're susposed to be played! HOW IS THAT OFF TOPIC! I think you should be moderator of a different forum. You don't understand the games forum.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:46 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:Oh and, we're not spamming! We're playing the games how they're susposed to be played! HOW IS THAT OFF TOPIC! I think you should be moderator of a different forum. You don't understand the games forum.

Read this:

Erynn wrote:the Games forum is not a spamfest for only three or four of you to participate in. It is also not where you raise your post count to 5000.

And:

Erynn wrote:Unless more people get involved here I'm going to have Rodri lock this.
Last edited by MY85 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY85 offline

Postby Dylan0513 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:47 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Dylan0513 wrote:Oh and, we're not spamming! We're playing the games how they're susposed to be played! HOW IS THAT OFF TOPIC! I think you should be moderator of a different forum. You don't understand the games forum.

Read this:

Erynn wrote:the Games forum is not a spamfest for only three or four of you to participate in. It is also not where you raise your post count to 5000.

First, we're not spamming. Second, that's the whole games forum. Maybe you should lock the entire forum. Third, You didn't answer my question! Why did you lock Survivor?

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext