Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

New forum rule effective immediately

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:52 pm

Well you can open up MS Word and type your posts in there and it will spellcheck ^.^
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby oddlauren » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:44 pm

Yea, that's true. If I'm unsure of how to spell something, I may do that.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:51 pm

OK, that's good. I hate to see people banned.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: New forum rule effective immediately

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:13 am

Star Way wrote:From now on, I'm making you learn to type properly. Too many of you are spamming up my beautiful forum with posts that literally look like "omgz i lyke lurvez orrik n yumi so muchor0z0z n stuff n gess wut guys i cant capitolize or punctuate n ive mistaken the # keys as shortcuts 4 words that wud only take 1 more second to type out!!1!1!1!111"

I'm done with that. Period.

From now on, those of you with this problem *will* make an effort to change, or I will suspend your account. =)

Now, I'm not saying that you can't slip up sometimes... if you make some typos, that's okay; no one's perfect. But ignoring every single rule of the English language is not cool. I don't care if you aren't good at typing yet... Use the forum as a chance to teach yourself how to type properly!

This is the plan for what will happen if a user has trouble following this rule:

1st offense:
Thread locked or post deleted, and a warning will be sent to the offender's PM inbox.

2nd offense:
Same as 1st offense.

3rd offense:
User will be banned for 48 hours and a notification will be sent to their e-mail address. (This will be the e-mail address given with your account. If that address is invalid or you do not check your e-mail, you will not be unbanned.)

4th offense:
Banned forever.

I realize this sounds harsh... if not downright cruel; but it has to be done. I will no longer tolerate the spam.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Erynn

Edit: One more thing: there is absolutely no reason for you to misspell the names of the Code Lyoko characters. Ulrich, Jeremie, Aelita, Yumi, Sissi, and Odd are the correct spellings, and if you don't believe me go look it up. (Jeremy and Sissy are also acceptable.) You guys are supposedly the "intelligent" fans... Don't mess things up with a stupid mistake like that! ;)

I love you. THANK YOU GOD!!! WE HAVE A SAVIOR!!!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:10 pm

Hawhaw... I'd so love to rub that in scyphozoa's face. a while back she got banned because she completely flipped out because she saw her username spelled that way on wiki.

Glad you said that ending part, Star Way. If we can't even name the characters with the correct spelling, then, well, how can we call ourselfes te best fanbase ever? It's impossible. Spelling counts. that's why no one's seen GradeA in a loooooong time.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby FènéethxAelita » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:17 pm

:D I completely agree with Virtual fae, that's why I never go to MySpace, Bebo, or Facebook. I hate ignorance more than anything else in existance.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Yes! An official acceptance of the spelling "Jeremy," as used by the American bumpers/promotional material!
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Wartonchan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Major necroposting by newbies. :P

Wartonchan offline

Postby FènéethxAelita » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 am

wartonchan wrote:Major necroposting by newbies. :P

True, but a thread regarding the rules isn't especially interesting.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Tosann » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:34 am

This is why I like this forum better than the sci-fi forums I occasionally visit.
Some people would call me a nerd over the internet.
Then I would ask them what they were doing here.

There are no spam bots and their hunters. There is only bandwidth.

Tosann offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Kamekai » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:39 am

If you think about it, this is sort of a sci-fi forum, too. :P

Whee necroposting. xD
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Previous