Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

Rule Clarifications (Necroposting, etc.)

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Rule Clarifications (Necroposting, etc.)

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:19 am

I realize that a couple of LF's rules are either somewhat unique in comparison to other forums (posting of fanfics, spelling/grammar, etc.) or are in need of some clarification due to contradictory notions at first glance.

The main one, at the moment, is necroposting and the creation of duplicate threads. Necroposting is the resurrection of an old thread (usually a couple months or more old) with a post by a member (often new) that is often spammish. Duplicate threads are threads that have the same topic of a thread that has already been previously created. Most duplicate threads are considered spam, and using the Search feature, as well as checking the forum backlogs will help you to avoid this.

It is generally considered bad form and rule-breaking to do either of these at LF.

I realize that there are some ways in which these two rules appear to contradict each other. Therefore CBIzumi and I are offering this clarification in order to help avoid any further confusion over them.

Thread Resurrection (aka Necroposting) is acceptable in cases in which a duplicate thread has been created and a previous one exists. Many times and Admin or Mod will even direct you there before locking the duplicate.

Thread Resurrection is also acceptable if you have something to add to the conversation. That does not include one word posts, nor off-topic posts. Kindly only resurrect a thread if you have something meaningful or thoughtful to add to the original topic being discussed. Anything else will more than likely be considered spam.

Duplicate threads are allowed only in the case of the original thread having been locked for specific reasons. (However, be aware that the Admins and Mods reserve the right to lock or move a topic for off-topic-ness, fighting, intent to start fights/ie hate threads, and general pointlessness ^^; ).

I hope that clears that whole thing up for everyone. I realize there may have been some confusion about this for quite some time, and my apologies to any of you who have been confused by it.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reploid CB » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:22 am

Also, if you guys have any other sorts of rules confusion, feel free to bring your questions to this topic and we'll do our best to answer them ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jeremified » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:38 am

So how old of a topic is considered 'old'? 2nd page?
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:00 am

Jeremified wrote:So how old of a topic is considered 'old'? 2nd page?

Nope. We go by date. ^^; Pages would be too difficult and lead to confusion...since depending on the board, a thread could be bumped to page two within the course of a week.

I would wager that anything over 6-12 months old would be considered bad necroposting, however, this is provided that the post made adds absolutely nothing to the thread (or is just plain spam). We encourage you all to use your good judgement about this though. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin