Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

Yigal (aka Sorry) and a Hacker Alert

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Yigal (aka Sorry) and a Hacker Alert

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:21 am

Some of you might be familiar with Yigal123 (aka Sorry), and his website HoverLinks...as well as the issues we've been having with him here.

Yigal has been banned about 3 times so far (for spamming, among other things, as well as hacking, which I will further explain in a moment). He has been overstepping these bans by using several different IP servers to log back into LF and post. Though the other Admins and myself have been trying to find a more permanent way of banning him, there aren't any present at the moment, other than to treat this issue like an advanced spambot and ban him as he returns.

At any rate, Yigal has also been hacking (another reason why he has been permanently banned from LF) both at TechLinks and at Adrimarie's Team Lyoko RP Forum. He has been focusing mainly on hacking the Admin accounts (in order to un-ban himself there), but there is a strong possibility that he may try the same tactic here, and that he may also try to infiltrate other member profiles, simply just to get on.

So, I'd like to just ask you all to keep this in mind and treat any suspicious password or e-mail change confirmations with extreme caution. I can assure you that the Admins will not be doing any password and e-mail changes (at least not without your express consent), so do not assume this is something anyone from LF is doing. It is most likely a hack attempt. Please e-mail or contact one of the Admins or Mods here right away if this should happen.

In any case, I hope I haven't utterly spooked any of you or made any of you paranoid. Just keep it in mind. ^^ Also, like with spambots, if any of you could alert on of the mods or admins if and when Yigal decides to make his next appearance, it would be a great help. If you could post here to let us know (or send a PM) it will be much appreciated. :)

Thank you all very much and I truly hope that this issue will be able to be dealt with permanently and soon. ^_^ We will keep you posted. *salutes*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darkborn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:24 am

So, Yig is gone for the time being. Finally. I was tired of trying to keep him calm and patient.

Never knew that a 7yr old could hack lol.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:28 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:06 pm

Okay, I am seriously getting pissed off at that guy now. This is plain illegal now, the moment he hacks someone's account. You know, w could contact phpBB.net or something, they can track his ISP, and they can seriously arrest him now.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:44 pm

Yes, Yigal has also become a problem on my forum as well. He seems to get inside information from other members, and uses them as puppets to get what he wants from sites like TL and LF. So, that means don't just be on guard to protect your account from weird password changes, just be sure not to talk with this guy either.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DELETED » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:25 am

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby lyoko is great » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:05 am

then when he is gone we will live happly ever after. :)
I get very angry when someone like him pops up out of nowhere.
lyoko is great offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tom Bone » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:02 am

Don't worry, Mewberries! We shall me on tha alert! Wow, it's like a XANA attack.
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby nap* » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Tom Bone wrote:Don't worry, Mewberries! We shall me on tha alert! Wow, it's like a XANA attack.

And when this Sorry/Yigal123 person is gone for good it would be like a return to the past trip
X.A.N.A is my friend, evil is my friend
nap* offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:38 pm

wartonchan wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Okay, I am seriously getting pissed off at that guy now. This is plain illegal now, the moment he hacks someone's account. You know, w could contact phpBB.net or something, they can track his ISP, and they can seriously arrest him now.

While phpbb.com(net?) won't do anything, his ISP is TELUS Communications Inc.
It's located where he lives, Canada.
Now I'd give out the Whois information on him, but I'm using the data to rid of him permanently.

Go warton! Yaay Warton!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby adrimarie » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:36 pm

In my case, although my board is just an RP board (which is completely different from TL, LF, Lyoko Geniuses, etc.), I think the only reason why he's trying to hack in to my account is because of my affiliations and the fact that I'm a staff member of other boards who banned him. By pretending as me he could do anything and mess w/ the minds of the other admins/owners and have my rep ruined in the whole CL fan community.

I admit, I've spoken w/ him on messengers before (Skype, MSN, YIM, you name it). I even got PMs from him as well in TL. I went out on the offensive but he constantly denies everything and tried to convince me that he has completely reformed and asked ("begged" is more like it) to be unbanned. But as a witness of his actions towards other admins/owners of other CL boards, obviously he's all words and no actions. You've seen what he did in TL, in LF, in LG, heck, even my board too. He is NOT to be trusted.
adrimarie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Reesane » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:08 pm

I remeber him.... *shudders*

Just remeber- If my spelling suddenly and inixplicably improves, feal free to temp-ban my acount and e-mail me.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:22 pm

Reesane wrote:Just remeber- If my spelling suddenly and inixplicably improves, feal free to temp-ban my acount and e-mail me.

:rofl:
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:16 am

Reesane wrote:I remeber him.... *shudders*

Just remeber- If my spelling suddenly and inixplicably improves, feal free to temp-ban my acount and e-mail me.

Given that you still can't spell inexplicable, I think we're safe for the time being.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyoko is great » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:54 am

He Hacked my lyoko geniuses user name and sent a bad PM to the admin and hacked my skype name while i wes using it. He must die.
lyoko is great offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:32 pm

I havent noticed anything on my end. I feel sorry for those of you that he has hacked. We seriously need to find some way to stop him.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Too bad I forgot how to hack I used to know how but I don't know how to do it any more. Otherwise I could have hacked the hacker. However I might know a friend who could help if it gets really out of hand. I could always ask him, he is planning on working for microsoft in the future. So I could always ask him for help if you wish me too.
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby CotS » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:39 pm

My dad is a computer programmer, and I asked him for help, but he said that untill we know how he's getting in, he can't help us stop him.
AKA PotterFreak
Ignorance is bliss, but with knowledge comes power.
FYI, I am a boy, live with it :P
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
CotS offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DELETED » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby lyokodude » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:13 am

Well,well,well we have a nuisnace[sp?], yea guys I'd let warton handle this and the mods and admins. Oh, and for any runescappers, Yigal has been hacking some accounts if I'm not certain. Keep an eye on ur bank.
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby DELETED » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:34 am

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Gauntlet » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:46 am

Is he still attempting to get back in? It's been a while, I would have thought he had given up by now.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby lyoko is great » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:52 am

why he hacks we do not know but he must be stoped.
Last edited by lyoko is great on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
lyoko is great offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:51 pm

How is he able to hack into the accounts? Cant he only do that if you have an easy password?

ji45ojperjfenfpen offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DeadViolet » Tue May 01, 2007 5:36 pm

I think I got a PM from a friend of his asking me to join Hoverlinks.

It went like this:
hi im Yigal, want to join www.hovelinks.com?

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next