Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Log-In Issues

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Log-In Issues

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:26 pm

I know there've been a couple reports about a few of you having "login-in" issues. In addition to this, we've recently instituted a "wildcard ban" on a certain former member of LF, and there have been some concerns as to whether or not this will cause problems for other members.

Please know that, in the event of having log-in issues, you can always contact myself, TB3, or Stephen by e-mail, or at our other respective site haunts. *nods* We promise to deal with all log-in issues ASAP. *salutes*

However, in the event of log-in issues, before becoming concerned there are some steps that you should try out yourself <u><b>first</b></u> before contacting us:

1) Close out of your browser windows and/or log off the net entirely. Re-connect and try to log in in again. Sometimes server connection issues happen, and simply refreshing your pages should clear up some problems with this.

2) Restart your computer and try logging in again. I believe AIM uses random IPs or proxy's and this occasionally results in a person ending up with an IP that has been blocked by the forum. *nods* Restarting your computer should help with this.

3) If you can (and since I know quite a few of you chat online with each other) contact another member and ask if they're having log-in issues too. Also, check other forums that use phpBB and see if they're not having trouble too. Servers will go down from time to time, which there's really nothing we can do about. ^^; Just make sure you don't panic right away if you can't access the forum, okay? ;)

If you try all of these steps and you still can't access LF then, please e-mail one of the Admins or Mods, and we promise to help with your case as soon as possible. I know I personally hope that we don't have too many login issues in the future, but in the case that we do, these tips should help. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DELETED » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:29 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby zex marquise » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:57 pm

DNS:
What does that do?
Will it hurt (the comp)?
How do you do it for a MAC?
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Not that this isn't a Necropost, but:

ipconfig/flushdsn basically clears you IP Address and other related items, No, it will not hurt your computer

Also, instead of logging back you of your computer, you can then type ipconfig/renewdns

Of I'm right, a MAC address is permanent

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member