Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:02 am

Apologies, Plans for the Future, and such

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Apologies, Plans for the Future, and such

Postby Star Way » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:58 am

Hey guys,

Long time no see, I know. ^_^;

So... Yeah... I realize this is completely out of the blue, since I've basically been dead from this place for the last couple months. I could go on talking about how amazing the mods are for caring for the site as well as they have (which is true) or starting spouting reasons for why I've been such a lazy bum and not being here myself (which I am) or just try to fly under the radar and avoid the fact that I've not been around (which I could). But those things would just be stating the obvious, boring you with less than important facts, and... well, being a complete a**. Respectively.

So I'll just give an apology as best as I can for playing the role of your typical admin who decided to up and run off on a responsibility when things really needed to be taken care of around here. Which I did. And I feel really bad, since I'm sure I've ticked off at least a few people in the process. ^^;

That said, I have to confess that I'm really not sure if I'm able to continue administrating this site effectively anymore. April will mark LF's second anniversary, and through most of that time I did put a lot of sweat and tears into this place... Something I think I may have lost an interest in doing, at least with the enthusiasm I once had.

I'll be making some of the current mods admins (haven't decided who yet) and when that happens the forum will essentially belong to them, not me... Eventually I'll probably be giving FTP access to people who are interested in keeping the actual site updated (not sure how that's gonna work yet, but I don't think that's as important as getting the forum sorted.)

I realize another issue I'm sure many of you have encountered is in regards to BKO, mainly getting in. I've got an inbox full of requests, and I'm not sure if I'm going to take care of those or not... I'll see about getting someone else to mod the BKO-allow group, and then those of you who have been waiting will probably need to send another request to whoever that is. (Really, really sorry...)

In the mean time, I hope you guys don't hate me too much. ^_^;

Have an awesome New Year's!

Erynn
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:42 am

Of course we don't hate you.

I can clearly see that that paragraph must have been hard to type for you. Things like that usually are. If you're not that enthused anymore, that's okay. We can take over what you can't do- and by 'we', I mean those with the lil green userbars.

Take care. Of course, we'd still like to see you around now and again as a visitor, if not a regular member or admin. (Although I think we'd all prefer one of the latter two, but, it's your decision...)

P.S- The only thing that's really gone insane during your leave is fact that we've had about three spambots a day. But...yeah...

Don't eat me, I'm just a civilian.
Carth offline

Postby Reesane » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:57 am

No! Not you too!

My favorite webcomic just anonced that it's ended, and now you're (corect me if I'm wrong) leaving?! ;__;

Star Way, your skills as an administrator are one of the few things that has kept me here for so long. I hope, like Carth said, you stay here as long as you can.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:39 pm

Aww Erynn (hugs) - we couldn't hate you.

Whatever your choices, you have our support - and in our minds, you'll always be the genius who created Lyokofreak and made it work. So many friendships have started because of your efforts - I mean, if I had to list the awesome people on this site who I've become friends with, plus the Skype pals I now have as a knock-on effect, and the contacts and friends I have in Paris...well we'd be into well at least 30-40 people.

All this is thanks to you Erynn - and I'll do whatever it takes to repay you, and continue to support you regardless of what choice you make regarding your continuing life at LF :) - personally though, I do hope you'll at least drop in every now and again - you're the light of LF, and we can only bask in your glow.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:49 pm

^_^ Aww, I completely agree with what TB3 said. You've worked very hard and put a lot of dedication into this site. LF wouldn't even be what it is without your work and guidance. I know I certainly could never hate you. *hugs* :)

In any case, as the others have said, I do hope that whatever your choice is, that you will pop in from time to time as it's always great to see posts from you. :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darkborn » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:56 pm

ERYNN!!!!!!!!!

Awesome. You're like the new Forum Ghost!
Well, we all lose interest in what we like doing for a while. That's why I left the forum for a while, but I came back because of this great community. We're your friends. We're here for everyone.

If you never created this forum, I wouldn't have met such great people *Pokes TB3*.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:17 pm

I must say I'm very proud of you for doing what's best for the community. Basically giving control to those who still care a whole lot for the site and forum instead of just leaving it as it is, or shutting it down is a very good thing to do if you've lost interest.

Now, while we're going to miss you dearly as the Admin, I do hope you still stop by every once and awhile. It wouldn't be the same if you were never seen on here again. :P

Oh yeah, I just wanted to let you know I am completely behind you in this decision, and I believe you're doing the best thing for everybody. :D

We love you!
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyokofreak » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:52 pm

SANTA CLAUS wrote:I must say I'm very proud of you for doing what's best for the community. Basically giving control to those who still care a whole lot for the site and forum instead of just leaving it as it is, or shutting it down is a very good thing to do if you've lost interest.

Now, while we're going to miss you dearly as the Admin, I do hope you still stop by every once and awhile. It wouldn't be the same if you were never seen on here again. :P

Oh yeah, I just wanted to let you know I am completely behind you in this decision, and I believe you're doing the best thing for everybody. :D

Indeed :P
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tom Bone » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:14 pm

How could we hate you, Ms. Star Way? You've created the (and I think most people here will agree) coolest CL site on the net! :) All I can really say is please have a good rest of your life (sorry if that didn't sound sincere). And, who knows? Maybe you'll come back one day. ;) I will be sad to see you go, but I think you made the right decision for yourself and LF. Happy New Year, Ms. Star Way.

~Thomas Bohnne.
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:40 am

Erynn, *hugs*

We could never hate you. You have made this forum what it is. We will do the best we can to keep it as you have made it. You are always in our hearts and minds. Please come back and let us know how things are going. You can pm any of us at any time.

*hands everyone a glass* Let us toast to Erynn, the greatest Admin and friend and forum creator, we are behind you every step of the way. We will always be here for you.

Anthony
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:50 am

Well, if this is your final decision, then I can certainly not find any sort of fault with it, and am glad you were able to tell us this yourself instead of just fading away.

The site will be very different without you, and we'll carry on, but you will always be in our hearts and minds, the true Lyoko Freak above us all.
Last edited by Sithking Zero on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:46 pm

I hope things work out for you, Star Way. I'm just a beginner (fine, I'm a noob), but I'm hoping to stay here for a while. Reading the other posts, it seems like I'll be missing out on a big part of LyokoFreak.
Last edited by Gauntlet on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:47 pm

:( Of course I don't hate you, and I'm sure everybody here (minus the spambots, whom account for about half of us) can second that. Well, I hope you'll check back now and then. Hope ya have a good life, if not!

<s>Oh yeah, one more thing. Can I be the new admin??? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE</s>
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:20 pm

Oh, don't be a noodge.

Erynn, I understand your reason for leaving LF for a while. trust me, I've had to recently let my LFC projet go coz of some family issues and a leaky basement what saturated all my stuff. And I've never really doubed your decisions, and supported you all the way.

Biut, why did you make the Mods Admins? Especially TB3, who fairly recently (On an LF timeline) Became a mod?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Tom Bone » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:06 pm

Virtualized STI wrote:*hands everyone a glass* Let us toast to Erynn, the greatest Admin and friend and forum creator, we are behind you every step of the way. We will always be here for you!

What he said, Ms. Erynn! (Toasts w/ VSTI)
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby Stephen (x1) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Biut, why did you make the Mods Admins? Especially TB3, who fairly recently (On an LF timeline) Became a mod?

Star Way wrote:That said, I have to confess that I'm really not sure if I'm able to continue administrating this site effectively anymore. ... I did put a lot of sweat and tears into this place... Something I think I may have lost an interest in doing, at least with the enthusiasm I once had...I'll be making some of the current mods admins (haven't decided who yet) and when that happens the forum will essentially belong to them, not me...

And because TB3 has proved himself an amazing mod and he's very well trusted. Remember, it's not how long, but how well you do the job.

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:31 pm

I agree with that wholeheartedly. Teebs is one of the most responsible people I've ever met, and he deserved the admin job.

Stephen has an awesome sense of humor, and his posts always have that daily insanity I need, with the coupling of being responsible.

As for Mewberries...I can't think of words to describe all the reasons she deserved to be an admin. Anyone who attempts to will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.
Carth offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Question:

How are new Admins and mods to be selected now? I mean, now that Star Way, who pretty much decided all of that, is gone, can mods select others to be mods? Can they create admins? Or does it have to be a group concencious thing?

I dunno, i would just like it specified.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:46 pm

To my understanding, we mods...err, I (I'm the last mod xD; I'm endangered! XD ) can point out people, but I don't actually have the power to give them the...err, power. Only admins can do that. But I think overall it's a group consensus thing; if ANY of us with abilities at the board sees someone, then we suggest it to the rest of the group, the group talks it over, and we make a decision.
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Okay, that makes sense (and seems fair- one guy can't put a bunch of his friends into power, you know?)

So, any admins willing to take a bribe out there? XD
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:02 pm

<s>I bid 40$ for the next spot as moderator!</s>

In response to CBIzumi and Sithking 0, I think the selection of administrators is very good, so there probably wouldn't be any problems making new mods.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reploid CB » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Yeah, I don't think there'll be any problem either, honestly. As for when it's going to happen... No clue ^^;
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Okay, that makes sense (and seems fair- one guy can't put a bunch of his friends into power, you know?)

Or other form of incentive? ;)
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 pm

I do know how to get season tickets to any chicago team, make good cookies, and know how to give a back massage...

Okay, I don't know how to massage. The other stuff is true, though.

But seriously, I think that you guys in the higher-up positions should try to get a system in place as soon as possible. While unlikely, it's possible someone might leave due to job concerns, or because of a lack of interest, or... I dunno.

I'm just saying.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:08 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:Okay, that makes sense (and seems fair- one guy can't put a bunch of his friends into power, you know?)

Or other form of incentive? ;)

Psh. You wish. XD

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next