Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm

Back and Kickin'

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Back and Kickin'

Postby Star Way » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:43 am

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I do, however, have what I'd consider a decent excuse for not doing anything with this site for such a long time... And that has to do with the fact that I've just moved to the UK from America... That sort of thing somewhat tends to interfere with one's Code-Lyoko-fansite-updating-time. (In case you didn't know.)

Anyway, that aside, I AM back now, and ready to give this place as much of me as I can. Obviously keeping the forum under control is always the top priority here (if you can compare your average spammer to a mosquito, we're just trying to swat as many of 'em as we can), HOWEVER, the main site shall not be overlooked (much). I am doing my best with it, I promise.

So, of course, the first thing I did was edit the layout a bit... The old one *seemed* like a good idea at the time, but the perfectionist in me started hating it after about a month... Yeah... Anyway, with this one I kept the layout structure, but changed the graphics (and changed the colors back to the way they more-or-less used to be, which I personally find to be much prettier than the colors in our last layout. Yes. I'm very anal about this stuff. Shut it.)

I also took the liberty of adding a little 'Shop' section, which really isn't much (I think I spent about 5 minutes on each page, but who cares), on the other hand, I'm sure Amazon.com really doesn't mind. Speaking of, the LF shop really isn't the LF shop. I'm not profiting off of it, I'm just linking to the places where you can buy stuff. (Haha, you can't sue me. >D ...I think.)

Finally, I updated the "Which CL Character Are You?" quiz... Definitely not the one that needs it, but oh well. I'll get around to making CLIQ actually somewhat challenging on another day. :P I haven't gotten the fanart page back up yet, but that's all in good time. (I've discovered the power of really, really, big and difficult to remove watermarks. FEAR ME, YOU UGLY, TALENTLESS ART THEIVES. RAWR.)

So, that about does it. Out of the blue, I'm back, and I'm updating my site. I hope you're all happy. Or at the very least, having some sort of feeling that's a little more positive than "indifferent." Or something.

~Erynn
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Dairall » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:59 am

Let me be the first to say, love the new template, keep up the good work! Updates ROCK!
In the Quiz I got Odd. YAY!
"Simms! I'm gonna need three hundred copies of your a*s by the four o-clock meeting!"
"Yes sir!"
"And try to keep your b*lls off the glass this time!"
Dairall offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Tekirai » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:46 am

Haha, same here. I got Odd too. I guess I have the angst of an office desk, so I'm nowhere near like Ulrich. xP Loving the last question in that quiz!

Seeing your new layout just makes me want to make avatars and give them out to random people again. (It was a project I did once in my old community where it was full of newbs, it got pretty popular and I got a good name until I went... 'there.) Ahh, good times, gooood times...

Erynn is back in da house! xD *shot*
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Insanity Hero » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:19 pm

Love the new layout you did. And I'm glad to hear that you back.

Took the quiz and got Yumi. That just shows I'm a good friend and I'll watch out for ya!
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:32 pm

Yay for new layouts!! 8) Great job, but... what's with the red stains on the main page? :toomuch:
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:39 pm

*retakes quiz* I got Aelita...that's something I did not expect. Oh well, you're back and that's all that matter! *happy dance*
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:01 pm

I'm awaiting the ships section being updated too.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:48 pm

welcome back Star Way....glad to see that things are going well. I hope the move wasnt too hard on ya...glad you are back as well.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:02 pm

Yeah, welcome back. I trust more updates are in LF's future.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:30 pm

So, given your new location, is 'God Save Erynn' doubly appropriate now? ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:40 pm

XD Good one! Maybe even update the Fan Art section?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Error!

Postby Dairall » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:28 pm

Go to the image page, (http://www.lyokofreak.net/images/) It's a bit... Messed. Will you fix it Erynn?
"Simms! I'm gonna need three hundred copies of your a*s by the four o-clock meeting!"
"Yes sir!"
"And try to keep your b*lls off the glass this time!"
Dairall offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:22 pm

Hmm, if I may ask, what exactly IS the default LF theme? I always had subSilver and recently changed it to Avalanche because I was looking for the new theme?

*sorry for the ignorance* x)
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:11 am

What's the problem with the image gallery? I don't see anything wrong...

Linii-chan wrote:Hmm, if I may ask, what exactly IS the default LF theme? I always had subSilver and recently changed it to Avalanche because I was looking for the new theme?

For the forum?

Morpheus is the default theme, but it doesn't really matter...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:47 am

The site looks really spiffy with the new layout, Star Way.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Wow... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Postby Chosen_one » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:01 pm

When I first saw the new layout, it blew me away; I was just so excited. I love what you've done with the site; it looks more... CODE LYOKO-ish (Or Code Lyokish) than any other site I've seen.

Also, the new images for your personality tests are awesome.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Star Way » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:24 pm

Aww, thanks guys. That makes me real happy. ^__^

Oh yeah, there are two other changes/additions to the site that I forgot to mention: one being that Kiwi now has a character profile, and two being that I edited a few of Aelita's answers in the Ask Aelita game. ^^

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:45 pm

Yessh! But no matter what I always get Odd...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Chosen_one » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:20 pm

Is that a "yeesh" or a "yes?"

I've noticed the changes on the personality test; I really liked the last question :*D .
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:51 pm

YESSS!

It's a yes, but with a New England accent, and just how I say yes like that when I'm very excited.

if it wer yeesh, there'd be two e's.

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:03 pm

Star Way wrote:What's the problem with the image gallery? I don't see anything wrong...

Linii-chan wrote:Hmm, if I may ask, what exactly IS the default LF theme? I always had subSilver and recently changed it to Avalanche because I was looking for the new theme?

For the forum?

Morpheus is the default theme, but it doesn't really matter...

Ohhh... so you meant you changed the layout of the actual site.
I realized that after reading the other posts. *headdesk* ^^;

Sorry.
&The layout looks great BTW. (:
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chad Rains » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:58 pm

Welcome Back. And very nice work on the site. Hope the move/trip wasn't too stressful for you. :P
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:09 am

I have a question... now that you're in the UK, you'll have to use British English in school instead of American English. Does this mean that LyokoFreak will eventually be written in British English rather than American English?
The Chosen One
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:36 pm

Doubt it. People usually write in their native language, like how neopets is written in Bringlish. (I just like making up words, okay?) so you can assume Erynn will countinue to talk in american english, and type that way.

Re: Back and Kickin'

Postby Jeremified » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:39 pm

Star Way wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. I do, however, have what I'd consider a decent excuse for not doing anything with this site for such a long time... And that has to do with the fact that I've just moved to the UK from America... That sort of thing somewhat tends to interfere with one's Code-Lyoko-fansite-updating-time. (In case you didn't know.)

Anyway, that aside, I AM back now, and ready to give this place as much of me as I can. Obviously keeping the forum under control is always the top priority here (if you can compare your average spammer to a mosquito, we're just trying to swat as many of 'em as we can), HOWEVER, the main site shall not be overlooked (much). I am doing my best with it, I promise.

So, of course, the first thing I did was edit the layout a bit... The old one *seemed* like a good idea at the time, but the perfectionist in me started hating it after about a month... Yeah... Anyway, with this one I kept the layout structure, but changed the graphics (and changed the colors back to the way they more-or-less used to be, which I personally find to be much prettier than the colors in our last layout. Yes. I'm very anal about this stuff. Shut it.)

I also took the liberty of adding a little 'Shop' section, which really isn't much (I think I spent about 5 minutes on each page, but who cares), on the other hand, I'm sure Amazon.com really doesn't mind. Speaking of, the LF shop really isn't the LF shop. I'm not profiting off of it, I'm just linking to the places where you can buy stuff. (Haha, you can't sue me. >D ...I think.)

Finally, I updated the "Which CL Character Are You?" quiz... Definitely not the one that needs it, but oh well. I'll get around to making CLIQ actually somewhat challenging on another day. :P I haven't gotten the fanart page back up yet, but that's all in good time. (I've discovered the power of really, really, big and difficult to remove watermarks. FEAR ME, YOU UGLY, TALENTLESS ART THEIVES. RAWR.)

So, that about does it. Out of the blue, I'm back, and I'm updating my site. I hope you're all happy. Or at the very least, having some sort of feeling that's a little more positive than "indifferent." Or something.

~Erynn

I notice that nowhere in there did you mention the new S3 images in the gallery! =D Those pictures are cool.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next