Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am

The Great LF Blackout!

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Great LF Blackout!

Postby Star Way » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:44 pm

For more than 24 hours, LF was not functioning properly. Lucky me that this should happen on a Sunday, when tech support isn't around. XD But the lovely tech gal named Kelly fixed it for me. (I'm so stupid. This problem totally could have been avoided.)

In any case, I've sent out a mass e-mail to you all informing you that we're back. I hope you all got it.

Anyway, this *won't* happen again-- I promise you. So don't worry about that.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Yizzy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:51 pm

Yay,it lives,IT LIVES :D

Bored myself,silly
[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:06 pm

Ah, it IS back. I was just going to chat with you about that... (And yes, I realized that I IMed you when your away message asked not to... my bad. Trillian takes a bit to show user status. *sweatdrop*)
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:12 pm

Haha, no prob. Looks like no more stress from here on out, so I'm free to be IMed. *removes away message*

Trillian is weird about some things, which sucks. Especially profiles. *gurgles and dies at the crappiness that is Trillian profiles*

But I love it for the fact that it takes up no space window-wise, and it looks great and is user-friendly and all. Plus the fact that you can talk to people with your away message up is totally awesome and sneaky. <3
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:15 pm

Ain't that the truth. Plus MetaContacts are useful as well. (Two of your three IM accounts are on now, and it will send IMs to your AIM by default.) *pets Trillian Pro*

I run the thing off my USB drive... so it goes with me. It's slow as heck, though... Windows freeze the program for four or five seconds when you try to close them. But it's effective.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:24 pm

Ooooh, cool! Yeah, I had the Pro version as a trial for a time. But it ran out, and I never got around to buying a longer version of it. :P Maybe I'll do that sometime.

I haven't had any problems with it freezing Windows before... but I have had it randomly 'crash' on me once. That kinda sucked.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:43 pm

I didn't mean it froze my PC, I meant that if froze itself for four or five seconds... every time. Which got a bit annoying. That, and it crashes occasionally.

Anyway, back on topic, everything's still here, yes? (We could continue this convo over IM...)
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:51 pm

Ahh, okay.

Yeah, we can.

Anyway, I believe so. What happened when the forum died was not that any data was deleted, but that the database the PHP was running on failed due to the move from the old address to this new one.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:06 pm

I...didn't get the email.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Star Way » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:09 pm

Crap. Never mind, then. Hahahahahahahaha.

I'll investigate that. I think I know why no one got it tho. ;P

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 pm

Because you didn't send it?
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Star Way wrote:What happened when the forum died was not that any data was deleted, but that the database the PHP was running on failed due to the move from the old address to this new one.

That was actually what I was going to suggest... one of the errors (on line 1) had toxicocean in the URL, which I knew shouldn't be there. But you got it on your own, apparently.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:19 pm

No, because the e-mail address might be screwed up.

I used the 'mass e-mail' feature on the forum. But the address it's hooked up to might be being weird. I'll check and see if it's active.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby 4lpha0mega » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:29 pm

i noticed it was off, lucky it wasnt one of those sundays where i have nothing to do except play pc games or post
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member