Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am

Code Lyoko News Section

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Code Lyoko News Section

Postby Star Way » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:17 pm

There is now a 'news' section on the site. The more advanced CL fans will know all of the stuff in there, but even so, some people may not know all of that stuff.

http://lyokofreak.toxicocean.net/news.html

There are also five new icons. Enjoy!
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Yizzy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:47 pm

Wonderful!!!
[icon by trying@lj]
Yizzy offline

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:42 pm

Hey...for the two French Ani-Manga books...I own the first one, and I've recently ordered the second one, so if you ever want some extra info on them (or even scans of the books) I'd be all too happy to give either one to you. :)

Guest offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:44 pm

Mewberries wrote:Hey...for the two French Ani-Manga books...I own the first one, and I've recently ordered the second one, so if you ever want some extra info on them (or even scans of the books) I'd be all too happy to give either one to you. :)

Sorry... that was me there. I keep forgetting to log-in before I post. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Star Way » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:45 pm

Oh my god, would you? That would be *awesome*.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:57 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I keep forgetting to log-in before I post. ^^;

I think Erin should forbid the action for guests to post free on LF. Of course, I know what Mew did was an accident, but this can bring some consequences....
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:10 pm

Guests can only post in Site News.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:19 pm

Star Way wrote:Guests can only post in Site News.

Ah, see I wondered why I couldn't do that on the other threads (by accident, I mean, I keep forgetting ^^; )

Starway also said:

Sure! :D Should I PM you the info on the first book now, and then get the scans to you later? And I'll let you know first thing when the second book comes in. :)

Guest offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Ah, see I wondered why I couldn't do that on the other threads (by accident, I mean, I keep forgetting ^^; )

Starway also said:

Sure! :D Should I PM you the info on the first book now, and then get the scans to you later? And I'll let you know first thing when the second book comes in. :)

I'm such a dope...I did it again! XD *chants at self* Noob, noob, noob...

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Star Way » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:30 pm

Hahaha! It's okay. :P

And yes, that would be really nice of you. :)

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:31 pm

You got it! :D I'll send the PM with the info in a minute. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Star Way » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:33 pm

Great! Thanks a million, Mew. :)

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:39 pm

Thanks for the tip...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:57 pm

Just sent it the book info. Let me know if you need any more info on it (Like the number of pages...which incidentally is 96). I'll get the scans to you either later tonight or by tomorrow (depending on how cooperative my scanner is... ^_- ). Incidentally...do you want scans of every page in the book...or just some choice pictures and scenes from it (by you or by me, which ever you wish)?

In any case, you're most welcome! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:05 pm

If you have at least one pic from that book, that would be enough for me to see for the moment... Mew, you remember this?

SamBlob at TvTome wrote:.K.; having left Mew151 in the lurch more than once, I decided not to do it again this time and I have drafted a letter. Comments welcome; I'm sure there are other things you would want in the book...

The draft letter said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear AnteFilms Ltd.:

We, the undersigned, are fans of Code Lyoko and would be interested in buying a book about the art of Code Lyoko.
We would want this book to include (but not necessarily be limited to) the following:
The ideas and concept art behind Garage Kids
The making of Garage Kids
The evolution of Garage Kids into Code Lyoko, of Xanadu into Lyoko, of the amorphous black monster into XANA, and the creation of Aelita
Biographies of the creators, and
Biographies of the characters

We bring this to your attention to let you know that there is a demand for such a book, in the expectation that you will conduct a market survey and in the hope that the results of the survey will be mutually favourable.

We thank you for your time and consideration and await your reply.

Sincerely,

Sam Blob
X1
Kagetsu
Mewberries 151
Yumis_inner_self
Bloodyhellrodri85
Little Vili
(and whichever others of us consent to add names...)

Did his letter took effect? I guess not, but who knows?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:15 pm

Good question, BHR...I'd assume that SamBlob at least sent it to those people at CL.com (as they're by far the easiest to contact and get a response from), to see if they were interested in it. I don't have any idea how one would find AnteFilms actual address, otherwise I'd send a copy of it to them myself...any ideas where I'd find it? ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:24 pm

This might sound stupid, but you might find it at CL.com... just try, I never registered myself there because

1) Basically, it is for kids.
2) It said something about "parents" and that creeped me out.

Another reason why I love TvTome, LF and a new reason why to love Tv.com...
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:01 am

I'll look there...I'm a registered member so if it's there, I should be able to find it. Thanks for the tip! :D

Don't remember seeing that "parent" thing...but you're right, it is most definitely for kids...then again, it is the official site, and CL's technically a kids show so I guess it's expected. *shrugs* It's kind of cute though for a site...the Secret Files things are cool (once you get them ^_- ) and the games are quirky...especially the "Frolion Attack" game. XD Maybe that's just me though. ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:17 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Don't remember seeing that "parent" thing...

When you're about to register, it says something about parents and little kids... creepy for me... I wouldn't go into cl.com, I would be like Michael Jackson there... or is there on Cl.com someone older than 20 (not counting the webmaster and the VA's if they are there)?
MY85 offline

Postby Little Vili » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:35 am

SamBlob maybe?
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Alex » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:48 am

BTW, everyone, a close look at that DVD box reveals that there may be two DVDs in it... My guess would be somewhere in the neighborhood of eight episodes total.
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:07 am

Anonymous wrote:so if you ever want some extra info on them (or even scans of the books)

I can post the scans, Mew. Remember, you sent them to me, since it's your job... Lemme find them...Of course, they're way too big, so I'll have to do links, not images.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:59 pm

I don't think I sent you scans of the Ani-Manga...I think I might have sent you scans of something else...because I don't ever remember scanning the book before. Ah well...maybe my memory's going. If I did send scans to you X1, okay then, and thanks, but if not, I've got a whole bunch of new scans of the book here and I'll just send them over myself.

To Neodude: That DVD box does contain two DVDs. They were originally sold separately until this featured box set came out. There are 8 episodes total, and four episodes per DVD, with accompanying extras such as music videos, character bios, virtual tours of Lyoko, and supposedly on DVD 2, a peek at (or the entire) first episode of Season 2.

I'm not entirely sure of that last extra, as the reviews for DVD 2 don't mention anything specific about it at all (just that it might be there) and if it is indeed a "sneak peek" and not the whole thing, it might be the same clip we saw at CN...just in French. ^^; No doubt though, it's a very nice set of DVDs...definitely makes me wish I had a Region 2 DVD player. :)

On CL.com: I don't think SamBlob joined CL.com, but McTrooper of TV Tome did though (along with a few others under various psuedonyms), and he's a mod there. I don't know how old he is though, so maybe he doesn't count...

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I don't think I sent you scans of the Ani-Manga...I think I might have sent you scans of something else...because I don't ever remember scanning the book before. Ah well...maybe my memory's going. If I did send scans to you X1, okay then, and thanks, but if not, I've got a whole bunch of new scans of the book here and I'll just send them over myself.

You scanned something, but my email is not doing so well right now... I dunno, I could be wrong.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:14 pm

x1 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I don't think I sent you scans of the Ani-Manga...I think I might have sent you scans of something else...because I don't ever remember scanning the book before. Ah well...maybe my memory's going. If I did send scans to you X1, okay then, and thanks, but if not, I've got a whole bunch of new scans of the book here and I'll just send them over myself.

You scanned something, but my email is not doing so well right now... I dunno, I could be wrong.

Hmm...were you the one I sent a scan of the "CL Bookmark" (the one with Ulrich on his Overbike from the '05 Toy Con) to? That I have a scan of, and I sent it to somebody...that's probably it. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next