Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 am

I suck at life.

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I suck at life.

Postby Star Way » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:40 pm

(From the site home.)

So, in addition to skipping out on writing a newsletter for this month, I'm now about to give you more proof of my laziness: LF is going on temporary hiatus.

I guess I'm just in need of a break. Taking care of this place all on my own, coupled with school and everything else in my life is just too much right now. Once upon a time it was easy to keep this place in order, but now that it's grown a bit things are somewhat out of control. I hope you can understand.

I'll still be active around the forum, of course, so I won't be gone completely; but like I said, I can't guarantee when I'll be updating the main site next, or if I'll continue with the newsletter at all.

Understand that I'm not abandoning this place by any means, of course-- this is strictly temporary. I just don't know how temporary "temporary" is. If that makes sense. =P

Much love,
~Erynn
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Odd675 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:59 pm

o_O hey!, but wait! who will be the news poster?

at any forums, and too the homepage have some newsposter
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Star Way » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Odd675 wrote:o_O hey!, but wait! who will be the news poster?

at any forums, and too the homepage have some newsposter

No one. There will just be little/no activity outside the forums for a while.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Aww...that's so not true! You certainly do a wonderful job here and you've always put as much effort into LF (both the site and the forum) as you possibly could. You deserve a good long break. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chad Rains » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:13 pm

you know what, i dont know if this would be a compliment or what so please take the following statement with a fairly large grain of salt ;)

I dont really visit the main site at all. 99.9% of the time I head straight to the forums. so if the front page bursted into a ball of flames never to be seen again, I dont think I would be bothered in the slightest. Of course this is how it is with most other forums I visit where I mainly hang around the forums and dont bother with the main site.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:36 pm

Thanks Mew. ;)

Vchat20 wrote:you know what, i dont know if this would be a compliment or what so please take the following statement with a fairly large grain of salt ;)

I dont really visit the main site at all. 99.9% of the time I head straight to the forums. so if the front page bursted into a ball of flames never to be seen again, I dont think I would be bothered in the slightest. Of course this is how it is with most other forums I visit where I mainly hang around the forums and dont bother with the main site.

That's how it is for most people, and I don't fault anyone for that. I do it too.

The thing is, when people link to www.lyokofreak.net, and people click that link, the home page is what they see first, so it's important that I keep the site updated.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:39 pm

I also have to admit I jump straight to the forums.

Now then...'I suck at life?'

HOW DARE YOU BELITTLE YOURSELF! Your achievements are massive (heck if you look at the smiley thread you'll see my little sister agrees and she hates CL), and if you ever put yourself down again I'm flying out to America on the next plane to beat that into you!

So yeah, I'm not bothered -after all the effort you put into these pages you deserve a break - so put up your heels and join us in one of the many drinking parties!. :D
Last edited by TB3 on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Star Way wrote:Thanks Mew. ;)

:) You're welcome. ^_^

O_o TB3... ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 pm

From what I've been seeing...You've placed heart and soul into this website. You've done a fabulous job on both sites and you definitly deserve a nice long break. So don't worry about it. We all should understand. :) :D
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 pm

I sit here wondering how many people twice your age could have set up and run a site... no, not just a site, a community like this one.

Everybody needs a break now and then and, with season 2 over, this is the perfect time for it.

Enjoy the hiatus! :hello:
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Osiris » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:36 pm

with all the great stuff you have done with this site im sure you deserve a break to yourself!

the mods here do a great job of the forum so go and enjoy a break!
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 pm

Don't worry about us here at the forum. Our excellent mods should be able to handle stuff around. Go on and enjoy yourself. :)
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Re: I suck at life.

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:20 am

Star Way wrote:I guess I'm just in need of a break. Taking care of this place all on my own, coupled with school and everything else in my life is just too much right now. Once upon a time it was easy to keep this place in order, but now that it's grown a bit things are somewhat out of control.

Well sure, trying to do too many things (multitasking) can be overwhelming and sometimes you have to stop what you're doing on some other things you're doing, to make more time for the important things (not saying that this site isin't important, just saying its not the most). Sometimes when I get a new videogame that I literally have to keep playing for like 25 hours in 3 days, it can get boring after awhile. You made this site mainy because you (and everyone else that joined any fansite) love(s) Code Lyoko. Since the new season is over, theres not as much to look forward to once you come on. So dont let being away for awhile eat you up inside. Everybody needs a break now and then!

Suck at life?! BAD ERYNN! *pulls out squirtbottle* BAD! *squirt*
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd675 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:09 am

Blue Armor Boy wrote:
Star Way wrote:I guess I'm just in need of a break. Taking care of this place all on my own, coupled with school and everything else in my life is just too much right now. Once upon a time it was easy to keep this place in order, but now that it's grown a bit things are somewhat out of control.

Well sure, trying to do too many things (multitasking) can be overwhelming and sometimes you have to stop what you're doing on some other things you're doing, to make more time for the important things (not saying that this site isin't important, just saying its not the most). Sometimes when I get a new videogame that I literally have to keep playing for like 25 hours in 3 days, it can get boring after awhile. You made this site mainy because you (and everyone else that joined any fansite) love(s) Code Lyoko. Since the new season is over, theres not as much to look forward to once you come on. So dont let being away for awhile eat you up inside. Everybody needs a break now and then!

Suck at life?! BAD ERYNN! *pulls out squirtbottle* BAD! *squirt*

HEY! take some relax, BAB! <.<U don't so be mad with erynn, she's nice and very good n.n
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Activated Tower » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:00 pm

You do not suck at life. You were able to put up and maintain a website by yourself. I was actually very surprised when I read SamBlob's post that many people in their late twenties probably wouldn't be able to do that. You deserve a break and you should take as long a break as you want.
Avatar made by Darkborn . Thanks a bunch!

ImageImage
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:15 pm

Odd675 wrote:HEY! take some relax, BAB! <.<U don't so be mad with erynn, she's nice and very good n.n
I wasin't trying to sound mad..
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DL » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Eyrnn don't worry. Take as much time as you need. The mods you have appointed are the best of the best and they can run the fourm for a while. Just take a rest. No one is superman (or superwoman in you case). No matter what people will always need rest. Just forget about LF for a while and have fun. You really do deserve it. :D

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:53 am

You do not suck at anything, let alone life. You run a friggin huge site all by yourself, and at such a young age while still managing a life, and going to school; not many people can say that about themselves (I know for sure that I cant). I know that you will continue to do well with the site; just remember to keep your chin up, and all that other inspirational hoopla, XD.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:03 pm

Erynn, everyone here is right. You managed to put up a website, manage a forum with 400+ members. How many girlsOr Boys Do you know who could do that? You deserve a break.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Star Way » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:12 pm

Aww, thanks everyone. You guys are too sweet. And I'm glad you understand.

*huggles you all*

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Syody » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:06 pm

Seriously, Star Way: Take a break.
Look at this place: Linked to from Wikipedia, huge community, awesome forum.

Take a break, Star Way. You deserve it.
syody of syody designs

~~ Forever gone ~~
Syody offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Star Way » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:22 pm

Syody wrote:Seriously, Star Way: Take a break.
Look at this place: Linked to from Wikipedia, huge community, awesome forum.

Take a break, Star Way. You deserve it.

(Oh my god, you're right... how did that happen? Is LF big, then? We're too small to be big... Oh my god. oO;; )

*calms down*

Thanks. :P That's really nice of you to say.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Chad Rains » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:26 pm

LF is the only CL site to have the VA's as regular members. I think that pretty much sums it up, dont you? :D
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Vchat20 wrote:LF is the only CL site to have the VA's as regular members. I think that pretty much sums it up, dont you? :D

Amen - and where else on the net would you find as...(trying to think of polite word)...'unique' bunch of members? We owe all the fun we have on LF to you Erynn.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lyokofreak » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:46 pm

Your prescence and the forums make us happy :)
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Next