Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

Yigal (aka Sorry) and a Hacker Alert

Forum and website news. This forum can contain important information that concerns you, so make sure you read our updates.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Not this again...

Alright, let's deal with this a little differently. I'm going to lock this thread for now. If anyone, ANYONE, has anything to say, Then you can PM me, or any of the other modding staff. Don't worry, we'll hear all your messages. I'm not going to let this turn into a slaughter fest; no pone deserves that.

So go on, the button is right down there Click it. I dare you :3

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Unlocked because we need this thread as part of our Yigal alert system.

I would like that you all leave further comments to/about Yigal to yourselves or in BKO so that this thread is free for further alerts. Thank you all for being so understanding.

Yigal had been banned (again), and will hopefully get it through his head this time that his presence is not wanted on this forum, especially if he is still complaining about something that happened so long ago and still hasn't realized he was in the wrong.

That is all. I would like to ask though if all of you could keep an eye out for possible Yigal accounts over the next few days (like you have with spambots) and alert us if you see anything suspicious. Thanks muchly.

<b>EDIT</b>:

As you may have noticed, Site News no longer shows up on the front forum page when logged out. This has been done to keep Yigal from seeing our updates on keeping him out for the time being. Please understand this is just temporary and Site News will most likely be restored to it's rightful place after this whole thing blows over.

Also for the time being, in case Yigal absconds someone's account, (Which, by the way, reminds me to remind all of you to be VERY CAREFUL not to respond to any e-mails from LF right now asking for you to verify your password unless you are 100% sure you have initiated it yourself. Yigal has used this tactic in the past to steal accounts and I don't doubt he will try it again), Site News is now Admin post only. I apologize for the inconvenience this probably causes (thank goodness this happened after April Fools), but please be patient as we deal with this problem.

Lastly for the time being, New Member Activation is now Admin-only. I realize this is a bit drastic but for right now it's our best bet to get Yigal off our backs. Maybe in a week if the sock-puppet accounts let up, the Admins/Mods will look into restoring it back to User-activated, but for the now, and so that I and everyone else on the team can sleep easy, this is the best solution.

Thanks very much, guys, for your patience and understanding. If you see anything funny or experience any problems with the forum, please give me a PM to let me know and I'll try to fix it ASAP. *salutes*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yigal (aka Sorry) and a Hacker Alert

Postby LyokoMan95 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorry for bringing up what might be unnecessary, but I was wondering what the situation was with him now. He just sent me a friend request on FB (I had contact with him back in the LG days).
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby yigal123 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 am

Okay, there. After reading all these posts, it's such a joke.

I'm 18 now, and am obviously more mature. All these ridiculous allegations of me 'hacking' are fake. I've never hacked anything in my life, I don't know how to.

The fact that this is still a sticky post makes me think, "wow these people truly can't let go of something that happened 6 years ago". Especially you, Ryan (LyokoMan95). Don't pretend like I'm some kind of toxin to you people, it's quite funny actually.

Haha, oh my god. Hacker Alert..
What a joke.

I admit that I was an immature little cookie, I'll own up to that, but to post 3 years later 'what's his situation' is beyond unnecessary.

I'm actually curious why I'm unblocked, and don't tell me 'another chance'. Hahaha.

This is the first time in 5 years I've tried to access this site, and I'm actually shocked this thread still exists. It's quite pathetic, actually.
yigal123 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 am

yigal123 wrote:Okay, there. After reading all these posts, it's such a joke.

I'm 18 now, and am obviously more mature. All these ridiculous allegations of me 'hacking' are fake. I've never hacked anything in my life, I don't know how to.

Given as I don't know you personally, and was not a part of the site when you were active, I'm not going to comment on your maturity. I will concede the point that, according to what I've read, you were not "hacking," but rather attempting to phish and use social engineering to gain administrative access on the boards. That being said, I think the panic was justified (somewhat).

The fact that this is still a sticky post makes me think, "wow these people truly can't let go of something that happened 6 years ago". Especially you, Ryan (LyokoMan95). Don't pretend like I'm some kind of toxin to you people, it's quite funny actually.

An object at rest tends to stay at rest, and an object in motion tends to stay in motion. Lyoko Freak, up until last September, has remained in a state of rest, and this is just one remnant of that bygone time. No one has bothered to take it down. Additionally, no one has considered you a toxin, not since 2009, at the very least. Quite frankly, no one (except for LM) has actually cared enough to care about you.

What a joke.

As I said above, a misnomer, but still a cause for alarm (especially amongst the less technical among us who would fall for social engineering).

I admit that I was an immature little cookie, I'll own up to that, but to post 3 years later 'what's his situation' is beyond unnecessary.

Under LF's previous management, your actions caused a big enough controversy that caused several policy changes here, most notably one that very nearly caused the complete death of our forum (admin only account activation). So... yeah. I wouldn't call it completely unnecessary.

I'm actually curious why I'm unblocked, and don't tell me 'another chance'. Hahaha.

As I said above, no one has cared enough to consider giving you another chance. It looks like an unexpected issue that popped up during the phpBB 3 upgrade last year. I'm not going to instaban you, however, because I'm interested to hear what you have to say.

This is the first time in 5 years I've tried to access this site, and I'm actually shocked this thread still exists. It's quite pathetic, actually.

#include objectatrest.c

When more than half of my brain is functioning in the morning, I'll further update this post. In any case, you have quite some nerve coming back to this website.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheLQ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 pm

[quote="yigal123"]Okay, there. After reading all these posts, it's such a joke.

What a joke.

This is the first time in 5 years I've tried to access this site, and I'm actually shocked this thread still exists. It's quite pathetic, actually.[/quote]

lol, necroposting your own hate thread. Nobody cares anymore besides you. Posting here is just making things worse

Side note: Is the banlist no longer synced with the progress bar under the avatar?
Side side note: Quote box not working?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 pm

TheLQ wrote:
yigal123 wrote:Okay, there. After reading all these posts, it's such a joke.

What a joke.

lol, necroposting your own hate thread. Nobody cares anymore besides you. Posting here is just making things worse

Side note: Is the banlist no longer synced with the progress bar under the avatar?
Side side note: Quote box not working?

The old banlist from before the upgrade will need reworking to get it synced. I don't think it'll be very hard at all to fix it. And quoting... not sure what's going on there. I didn't touch anything, I swear!
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby yigal123 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:52 am

[quote]TheLQ wrote:
> [quote="yigal123"]Okay, there. After reading all these posts, it's such a joke.
>
> I'm 18 now, and am obviously more mature. All these ridiculous allegations of me
> 'hacking' are fake. I've never hacked anything in my life, I don't know how to.
>
> The fact that this is still a sticky post makes me think, "wow these people truly
> can't let go of something that happened 6 years ago". Especially you, Ryan (LyokoMan95).
> Don't pretend like I'm some kind of toxin to you people, it's quite funny actually.
>
> Haha, oh my god. Hacker Alert..
> What a joke.
>
> I admit that I was an immature little cookie, I'll own up to that, but to post 3
> years later 'what's his situation' is beyond unnecessary.
>
> I'm actually curious why I'm unblocked, and don't tell me 'another chance'. Hahaha.
>
>
> This is the first time in 5 years I've tried to access this site, and I'm actually
> shocked this thread still exists. It's quite pathetic, actually.[/quote]
>
> lol, necroposting your own hate thread. Nobody cares anymore besides you. Posting
> here is just making things worse
>
> Side note: Is the banlist no longer synced with the progress bar under the avatar?
> Side side note: Quote box not working?
[/quote]

All I wanted was to set things straight and make sure I let you guys know I didn't hack anyone, and for all trouble I caused in the past, I'm sorry.
yigal123 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby LyokoMan95 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 pm

For the record Yigal (because I know you're still watching), the only reason I asked here about you was because I was paranoid from the time ccb banned me from LG for helping you out.

To everyone else, remember most of us were kids/early teens back then. While Yigal might have done some things wrong, I'm sure some of us blew it out of proportion. I'm not saying what he did was right, but now that we're all more mature I do think we should give him another chance.

Also, if people want to ban me for sticking up for him, just contact me first.
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby ccbtimewiz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 pm

He never caused any problems with Lyoko Geniuses, except he stole designs and other website content for his own.

Considering his age at the time, it was somewhat understandable. How he obtained designs that were not publically released yet, you can see where our skepticism came from. Accessing our private boards on LG or something of the manner would give him the access, but it turned out years later to have came from an inside source.

I apologize to you, Yigal, for what happened because of it. I'm glad you are more mature now, as I am now as well.

LyokoMan: Sorry about banning you as well, however I did what we had to do to protect our data at the time.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Previous