Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:35 am

The Music of Code Lyoko

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby animenologist » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:26 pm

I like listening to the english version and I mean the good one, not the one where the singers sound like they recorded it in someones basement. Can't really tell which one I like more, this English version or the original French, but it sure is catchy.

You can hear it here: http://www.moonscoop.fr/moonscoop.php?p ... ox&lang=uk
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:01 am

I once considered asking Kikou if he/she would make a remix of "Break Break Break Dance". I just thought it would be a kick to hear. XD But I'm not sure Kikou takes requests. ^^; It would be interesting though. :*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:07 am

Mewberries151 wrote:I once considered asking Kikou if he/she would make a remix of "Break Break Break Dance". I just thought it would be a kick to hear. XD But I'm not sure Kikou takes requests. ^^; It would be interesting though. :*D

Not a bad idea... too bad Kikou doesn't know the Nº1 CL USA fan...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:16 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I once considered asking Kikou if he/she would make a remix of "Break Break Break Dance". I just thought it would be a kick to hear. XD But I'm not sure Kikou takes requests. ^^; It would be interesting though. :*D

*blushes* Surely you couldn't mean me? Thank you! *hugs* :blush: There's so many of us here that could qualify for that title though. ^_^

So far as background music goes that I like best...the music that played during "Cold War"'s climax has stuck with me best, although I also like the new "Going to the Factory" montage music. I wish they'd put out a soundtrack with all the music on it. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:22 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

*blushes* Surely you couldn't mean me? Thank you! *hugs* :blush: There's so many of us here that could qualify for that title though. ^_^

Or how about winning the title of most enthusiastic CL USA fan around your country? I had you in mind for the Nº1 CL USA fan, but then there's Erynn who created LF and... there's one or two or more around here to fight for that title... I'd rather shut up, or this could bring fights. *hugs back*

Mewberries151 wrote:So far as background music goes that I like best...the music that played during "Cold War"'s climax has stuck with me best, although I also like the new "Going to the Factory" montage music. I wish they'd put out a soundtrack with all the music on it. :)

Agreed!! The new music gave another life to Code Lyoko... it makes it much more acceptable than Season 1. *can't wait for Missing Link*
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:28 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Or how about winning the title of most enthusiastic CL USA fan around your country? I had you in mind for the Nº1 CL USA fan, but then there's Erynn who created LF and... there's one or two or more around here to fight for that title... I'd rather shut up, or this could bring fights. *hugs back*

XD Aww...I appreciate the compliment all the same! ^_^

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:So far as background music goes that I like best...the music that played during "Cold War"'s climax has stuck with me best, although I also like the new "Going to the Factory" montage music. I wish they'd put out a soundtrack with all the music on it. :)

Agreed!! The new music gave another life to Code Lyoko... it makes it much more acceptable than Season 1. *can't wait for Missing Link*

Indeed! :)

"Missing Link" has a fantastic opening sequence, and I love the music that accompanies it. I bet you'll like to too! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:50 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Indeed! :)

"Missing Link" has a fantastic opening sequence, and I love the music that accompanies it. I bet you'll like to too! :D

Our taste for CL is different, but if you say it's good, then I'l have to believe you. I'm gonna watch it tomorrow...

Edit: Now that I remember, I dislike the BBD song, it's annoying!! I put mute to it when I watch Code Earth.
MY85 offline

Postby animenologist » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:49 pm

After the Pop Rock Progressives, that idea can be incredibly amusing, or downright earsplitting. Maybe it was the song itself, but Yumi's singing during Seeing is Believing was not good. And I question Jeremie's vocal talents. But it could be worth a good laugh or two. Definately something I wouldn't mind seeing and hearing once.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm

TB3 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Edit: Now that I remember, I dislike the BBD song, it's annoying!! I put mute to it when I watch Code Earth.

What language was it in? :D

Spanish, but I also suspect that the English version can be earsplitting as animenologist says.

TB3 wrote:ODD: Here we are like a star shining bright on your world today!
Make evil go away!

YUMI & AELITA: Code Ly-OKO!
ODD & ULRICH: We'll reset it all!
YUMI & AELITA: Code Ly-OKO!
ODD & ULRICH: Be there when yu call!

For a modified version, how about:
Jeremie: I'll reset it all.

Oh, and it's you, not yu. New rules enforcing at LF.
MY85 offline

Postby Chupathingy 42 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:13 pm

AHHHHH!!!!! BREAK DANCE!!! MY WORST NIGHTMARE

am I the only one that finds that song scary and yet cool both at the same time?
Chupathingy 42 offline
Super Hacker
Super Hacker

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:30 pm

Jesus, TB3... I'm scarred for life. :arg: But the spanish version was even more scarier, Geczy's performance of the BBBD was for like Simon Cowell to bash him off.

However, if I were one of the VA's for Odd in any language, I would had thought of the idea of inserting a bullet through the head after doing the BBBD thing...
MY85 offline

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:13 pm

I personally like the French version better than the instrumental or English. It just.. has more soul that gets lost in the translation, you know?

I remember when I first heard the English short theme in that Saturday block party they had on CN I thought it was increidibly corny and laughed my a** off. I mean really.. "Make evil go away"? "We will stand real tall"? Psh. But then.. I kinda fell in love with it all over again during my sequential falling-in-love-with-all-over-again of CL when the first ep of S2 aired.

I think it'd be friggin AWESOME if they had a CL soundtrack! partly because i'd rip the music and use it in a game but whatever I love the Factory Montage music too. And the slightly modified XANA attack one, that's cool in a weird sort of way. The only one I don't like is the Hermitage theme. It freaks me out. o.O
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:18 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:I personally like the French version better than the instrumental or English. It just.. has more soul that gets lost in the translation, you know?

Agrred. And this is how I rank the CL song: at the top, the French version, then the English version and at last the spanish version. I haven't heard it in another language yet.

Your De-Virtualization wrote:I think it'd be friggin AWESOME if they had a CL soundtrack! partly because i'd rip the music and use it in a game but whatever I love the Factory Montage music too. And the slightly modified XANA attack one, that's cool in a weird sort of way. The only one I don't like is the Hermitage theme. It freaks me out. o.O

There's already a CL single Cd at France... but they must have a new CL Cd music album.
MY85 offline

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:06 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Agrred. And this is how I rank the CL song: at the top, the French version, then the English version and at last the spanish version. I haven't heard it in another language yet.

Oh, god.. I can see it now:

The guys at Antefilms/Moonscoop are called into a meeting.

AnteDude: I've got a GREAT idea! Let's dub CL in ROMANIAN!

AnteDudette: That's ingenius! And I know JUST who to call to do the theme song! *picks up phonebook*

Meanwhile, at the home of the international sensation *cough* group "O-Zone", in Romania....

Whatshisface: *with an accent* Man, I can't believe we broke up just because some fat kid in America made a funny-yet-traumatizing video about our song. :(

Whatshisface 2: I know! Even though we had some other good songs in our album that we completely forgot about! We suck.

Whatshisface 3: *comes running in* Hey guys! You'll never guess who just called me on the phone!

:P
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:42 pm

I have the season 2 credits song. the one that was played on the radio a few times on the show but, it's on my laptop and i'm on family computer now. I love it lol. :music:
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 pm

oo, oo! That song by the Subsonics?!

Hey, buddy... um.. did I tell u I loved you today? lol (you wouldn't mind passing it along to another CL fan would you? i'll be your best friend forever...? lol)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:43 pm

Thanks man! :D

:music:
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokodude » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:39 am

CL should have a disc out with its music wouldn't that be cool
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:48 am

Your De-Virtualization wrote:oo, oo! That song by the Subsonics?!

Hey, buddy... um.. did I tell u I loved you today? lol (you wouldn't mind passing it along to another CL fan would you? i'll be your best friend forever...? lol)

Dude, there's already a thread on here, which has the ending theme....

http://www.lyokofreak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=428 Scroll down two posts... But yeah, the thread is buried deep in there...
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next