Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm

Non-canon couples

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby DeadViolet » Fri May 09, 2008 4:59 pm

MusicOfTheMoonAtMidnight wrote:Hiroki and Jeremie! :D I actually just saw that one done! J/K!

Actually, I saw a Jeremy/Hiroki thing in a Fanfic I read a while ago. Wierd.

@Ninja: Yes, that'd work out awesome. ^^

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Tue May 13, 2008 6:07 pm

Speaking as someone trying to understand the other side, why do you like non-canon pairings?

First of all, let me explain my position. I'm a canon-only shipper. Non-canon pairings make me want to cry 'blasphemy!' and immediately close the window. I hate the idea of any established pairing being broken off. I enjoy being proved right, which happens a lot because I always go for the obvious pairing. However, since I believe it's silly to fight over romantic lives of fictional characters, I try to make the effort to see the other point of view. That's why I'm asking you: what's the appeal? Do you enjoy the challenge? Do you like the drama? Do you just think that some particular characters on this particular show go well together? Am I even close?
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:51 pm

HiddenWatcher wrote: That's why I'm asking you: what's the appeal? Do you enjoy the challenge? Do you like the drama? Do you just think that some particular characters on this particular show go well together? Am I even close?

Me? I like to see new and exciting ideas. And plus, the fanfictions are much more entertaing, because when you've got a canon couple, the do what everyone expects them to: Hook Up. If I have to read another UxY story where all they do is make out, I think I'll lock myself in my room with no internet.

Back on topic: Kiwi/Hiroki! :D Lol! Kidding! :nyeh!:
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby DeadViolet » Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm

Milly x Mr. Puck (It's cute.)
William x Hiroki (PEDO! *gasp*)

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:31 pm

This thread! From what I see of it it devolved into crackships after a while...anyway, now I've gotten into screwing up relationships in Five, here's some non-canon/crackships I'm considering.

OddxAelita- Not a fan of it, but I wouldn't doubt that Odd had some interest in Aelita at some point. I mean, he kind of flirts with her a lot. And he had an Awkward Sexual Tackle with her. Though since that's two false ASTs for him, maybe he's immune. Anyway, I like to think he sort of repressed those feelings, or considered them negligible as he had so many other girls.

WilliamxAelita- Sure, it's a stretch, but why not? She was with him when he was possessed, and she was the only one sympathetic to him after he returned to Kadic. And it would create evil drama in JxA, which would be fun.

JeremiexYumi- Now this intrigues me. They had all those moments in the beginning and make nothing of it...

SissixWilliam- Another possibility for Sissi. They could bond over their obsessive and futile love, or something. Made all the better by the fact they seem to hate each other in the end.

I'll also say one I could never see at all- UlrichxAelita. Now that's a duo that doesn't seem to have any sparks between them at all- the perfect platonic friendship. Like siblinghood, almost. I could never, ever see them together.

As for slash, I've got a slight penchant for UlrichxWilliam...yay for Foe Yay!
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Okay...

I personally am a big fan and obvious supporter of canon relationships... but if I was forced to make one...

Hm... JimxYolanda (yes I'm going that far out... I have a thing for love of what is canon)

It could technically work.. since despite Yolanda saying she's engaged the wedding date seems to be far off...
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:49 pm

If you look at my previous posts on this thread (I *_* with this thread, BTW), you will see that I basically support any non-canon pairing, if someone can pull it off in a believable manner. Yes, even the crack pairings.

Truth be told, I find the canon pairings rather boring most of the time. What happens to them is to be expected. With non-canon, there's always an element of surprise.

As for pairings that I like, there's always OddxSissi (can't really call it canon, but it seems popular enough now to be so), JeremiexYumi, AelitaxYumi (yay femslash), and Odd/Ulrich (yay slash, too.) But, like I said, write it well and I will like it (probably), no matter who you've got together.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:18 pm

Meh...

I like the tantilizing possibility.. the little things here and there about non-canon relationships... but when it comes down to the end... I think we all know who really likes who.

Throw in all the twists you want... but as long as the ending turns out to be just that I will be happy.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Rho » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 am

Yumi/Aelita has been hinted at before. Though not really canon.
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 am

Those sly devils at Moonscoop....

Anyways, yeah, like I said, I don't care what they do along the way, as long as the destination is what it should be.

Here's one I just thought of... mostly because I think it's "adorable"

Milly and Johnny.... don't know why, don't care.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby _stromboli__ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Rho wrote:Yumi/Aelita has been hinted at before. Though not really canon.

You can find some good A/Y screenshots. ;3
Not my favorite 'ship though. If I'm gonna go for a slashfic, I like Jeremie/Odd. IMO, though, Odd/Aelita is the best non-canon 'ship. Love those two together.
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:03 pm

XANAxSissi is also a pretty good choice.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:02 pm

I myself have developed a fondness for WilliamxEmily, of all pairings. It may be a case of Pair the Spares but I think it could work.

Of course I'm all for crack/fanon pairings of any kind as much as the canon ones. Shipping could be a lot more fun if people weren't so srs bsns about it.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Ha! Emily/anyone gets my interest going. Give the marginalized characters some love, people!

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby green » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:33 pm

I bet you could write some awesomesauce WilliamxEmily stonecreek ;)

...or have you already? I think I've seen it somewhere before.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:37 pm

teapot wrote:I bet you could write some awesomesauce WilliamxEmily stonecreek ;)

...or have you already? I think I've seen it somewhere before.

No, I wrote a Sissi/Emily drabble called "Just Desserts." WxS sounds intriguing, but I've found the only William I can write convincingly is uber-depressed XANA-prisoner William. Sissi, on the other hand, is one of my favs. I'd pair her up with about anyone (in her age group; no teachers!).

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Tekirai » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Carth wrote:I'll also say one I could never see at all- UlrichxAelita. Now that's a duo that doesn't seem to have any sparks between them at all- the perfect platonic friendship. Like siblinghood, almost. I could never, ever see them together.

Unexpectedly, this is the one non-canon pairing that actually made a good bit of sense to me back when I was really into CL. Ulrich and Aelita were always... I forget how I would have explained it back then, so I had a good think about it.

I think it was mainly from reading fanfic (but not for the pairing) that would involve the two of them talking a lot. They have little significant interaction in the series, which makes you have to know both of their characters well enough and base their interactions on the canon ones as well as we can in order to write them. And because of this, I usually saw that if Ulrich, say... had a secret that needed to be told, but he doesn't know who to tell, Aelita would probably be one of the best to tell. She doesn't strike me as someone who would tell a secret, even more so if it could threaten the friendship of everyone in their group. Ulrich is probably one of the more likely people to have a secret like this (mainly for his 'main character' kind of role as well as his personality and his attitude towards other people). I don't think Aelita is a very judgemental person either, and Ulrich tends to be judged a lot throughout the series for the various things he does. It's something pretty simple and... mostly speculated, really, but that's just my hyperanalysis of character based on my intuition. (read: the hamster wheel in Tekirai's head squeaking a bit)

...so I agree with the siblinghood somewhat that Carth sees, but I've seen many pairings that start off with a kind of trust like that before it becomes something more. And because I have very selective tastes, the end result usually turned out to be not that bad. ......I really hope I haven't just typed out a load of crap, there.

As for slash, I've got a slight penchant for UlrichxWilliam...yay for Foe Yay!

...n-now that I sorta think about it I think I've probably taken a liking to this idea as well

ARGH WHY AM I SO BIASED TO M/M PAIRINGS I HATE BEING A FEMALE
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby _stromboli__ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Man. The idea of an Ulrich/Aelita 'ship never crossed my mind.
I just can't see it. Most 'ships I can see at least a little how they could work out, but I'm with Carth on that one. Their relationship seems so purely platonic. I almost wouldn't want to see them shipped. I really like their relationship as it is. :3
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lani » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:53 am

Thomas/every male student at Kadic.

Mmm, yes.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:04 am

Herve/Taelia. A fanfic in progress. ^^

And my fav slash, Odd/William. *stares at Stonecreek*
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:16 am

Herve/Taelia, huh? That's interesting.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:13 pm

desincarnation wrote:Herve/Taelia. A fanfic in progress. ^^

And my fav slash, Odd/William. *stares at Stonecreek*

Are you the one that left that glowing review? If so, thanks muchly.

Slash, while I can support it, takes more for me to like, as I am more inclined to read femslash. Jeremie/any guy is adorable. OxW is fun, as they are so different. But then so are Ulrich and Odd. What I guess I'm saying is, ODd's personality seems to overshadow everyone elese's that he's around - with the exception of Sissi. It's probably one of the reasons I really love the OxS pairing.

Ah, memories...
Stonecreek offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm a XANAxSissi kinda girl.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby green » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

How does that even work? XANA not even being corporeal and all...
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby _stromboli__ » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Kinda what I was wondering... does he even really have a character? He's a computer virus... o.o;
_stromboli__ offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext