Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:40 am

Who will the 6th member be?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

So, who do you think?

Sissi
52%
William
20%
Jim
No votes
Hiroki
12%
Some random extra
4%
No one
12%

Total votes : 25

Postby Max Gene » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:07 pm

I always wanted XANA to code a fighter for himself in Lyoko with all sorts of fancypants tricks... like ALL of the other fighters' powers together. Now THAT would be tricky.
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:32 am

Max Gene wrote:I always wanted XANA to code a fighter for himself

Did XANA ever had a gender? I woud say itself, I hardly think a virus could be a he or a she.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Max Gene » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:13 pm

I forget. Didn't they refer to XANA with a pronoun ever? I'm sure they did...
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby DL » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:04 pm

they call XANA him once but they could be wrong, plus I mean what kind of girls would do that stuff

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby YDV » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:46 pm

DL wrote:they call XANA him once but they could be wrong, plus I mean what kind of girls would do that stuff

Dude.. XANA is a male virus. Didn't anyone hear his freakish voice? "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!!" (And they DID call him him before. Duh.)

You guys are so mean. Don't make fun of my Sissi-bear like thattttt ;__;

I, personally, think she'd have an outfit similar to this, with perhaps a pink uniform and a yellow ribbon in her hair.

Her powers would be, of course, Healing (Demonstrated in Season One when she helped Ulrich with his arm-- their powers are based off of their natural talents in real life.)

Her weapons could be the Dual Tantōs, like Taki has in Soul Calibur (I'm old school. Played it on PS1 with my cousin back in the "good old days"-- aka when we were like, 10. :P) They kind of suit her personality, since she can be aggresive (and we need someone else iwth a short-range weapon like Ulrich's)
Last edited by YDV on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dylan0513 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:49 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:
DL wrote:they call XANA him once but they could be wrong, plus I mean what kind of girls would do that stuff

Dude.. XANA is a male virus. Didn't anyone hear his freakish voice? "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!!" (And they DID call him him before. Duh.)

You guys are so mean. Don't make fun of my Sissy-bear like thattttt ;__;

I, personally, think she'd have an outfit similar to this, with perhaps a pink uniform and a yellow ribbon in her hair.

Her powers would be, of course, Healing (Demonstrated in Season One when she helped Ulrich with his arm-- their powers are based off of their natural talents in real life.)

Stop scaring me with your Sissy obsession
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:50 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:

Just because something is referred to as a "him" doesn't always necessarily mean it's a "guy". In English and in French, the masculine "him" can sometimes be used towards a general assembly, as in "Whoever left that tack on my chair had better make himself known right now." There could be both girls and boys in the class, and the teacher may not be sure it was a boy, but that is the grammatically correct way to state a sentence like that. Also, in French the masculine "he" becomes "il" which can also be re-translated into "it".

For the sake of not using "it" though, I believe they use "he". XANA can't have a gender technically...he's an infected computer. And since he's chosen both male and female forms on occasion, it's likely he doesn't care which form he takes, so long as it helps his plan along. *evil laugh*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YDV » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Well.. that is if you believe that XANA was created as an "it" and not as a "he." I think he was made by Hopper as a program to monitor Lyoko along with Aelita (she was originally a program... please don't tell me that you'd refer to her as an "it".)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Skysong » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:02 pm

I voted Sissi- I'm like YD, I think it would be really cool if she joined the team.

But I'm not averse to seeing William with a Lyoko form... mmm. *_* He's proved himself more of a figher than Sissi, but she's the type to do whatever it takes, seems to me.
Mistress of madness and all that jazz. FFN account DA account
Panel from Wild Child 'cause the nosekiss was getting too weird.
Skysong offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LifesIronic » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:20 pm

I voted for Sissi. I could see her being part of the group. In season one I wouldn't think she would, but she seems more likely that she would in season two. There is something about her this season to where it would seem right if it happened.
LifesIronic offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Dylan0513 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:22 pm

It'll be Sissy by the end of Season 2, guarenteed
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:38 am

Steam Ca5tle wrote:I think that the current team of 5 members is fine. Any more and it will start to get crowded. It’s most likely that the average size of hero teams on TV range from 4 to 5. Let’s think it over: :umm:

Gundam Wing had 5 pilots
Most the Power Ranger shows had 5 Rangers
The Famous five had…5

Can you good people/virtual AIs think of others?

Power Rangers tends to add a 6th, though. I think only two or three seasons ended up with a regular team of 5 Rangers

Third season of Digimon added something like four (though they did start with three and lose one along the way)
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Max Gene » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:35 pm

...Dylan, why do we *guarantee* that Sissi would be part of the gang? They fought with everything they had to keep her off on the self-RTTP episode.
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Blueyedblonde » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:39 pm

I personally, Wouldn't like it if they added another charactor to the group.

I'm not to crazy about Sissi. Her modesty just get's to me sometimes. And William, He's just a pretty-boy punk wanna be.

I love the group just the way it is. ^.^
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Max Gene » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:26 pm

I second that... William scared off Yumi somewhat in that one episode when she ducked him, and in the same episode Ulrich fought bravely for her life, when William wasn't even around...

Sissi I just can't see fighting. Can you? A wasted cause, virualizing her.
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:31 pm

Max Gene wrote:Sissi I just can't see fighting. Can you? A wasted cause, virualizing her.

I wouldn't be so sure. Sissi has certainly proven that she has guts, and I think with the proper incentive she would be quite the formidable fight. She has already shown herself to be pretty accepting of the gang's secret (darn those RTTPs, lol) and she keeps a cool head under pressure. Give her the right weapon and a reason to fight and I could see her giving X.A.N.A. a serious beat-down.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:43 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:Well.. that is if you believe that XANA was created as an "it" and not as a "he." I think he was made by Hopper as a program to monitor Lyoko along with Aelita (she was originally a program... please don't tell me that you'd refer to her as an "it".)

Aelita's an AI. She's not really entirely a program. XANA's not a program either for that matter...he's the actual computer Lyoko exists in. That's why he can't possibly have a true gender. If you were to truly boil him down to the basics...he's just a computer, and therefore an inanimate object which won't have a gender.

Plus Aelita, being an AI, also has a form that she exists in and now a true flesh and blood human body. She has never been an "it" and never will be because she was an AI, and now is human (for the most part). XANA is a computer, and has no true form. He has taken on other forms (Franz Hopper, the polymorph, etc), and he's borrowed other living things' forms through possession (choose just about any episode for that), but he has no true form. Even the spectres aren't his true form, as Jeremie could replicate them too through the use of a tower. XANA is technically an "it" so far as I know, but it's far easier to call him a "he", I do agree. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:35 am

Im just going to say this....the day that sissy joins the team, is the same day that I stop watching code lyoko.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:16 pm

your right...I wouldnt stop...I'd have to see the ending one way or another. All I am saying is that it would give me the urge to stop watching (as if the lack of episodes with plot wasnt doing that).
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:31 pm

Mewberries151 wrote: XANA is a computer, and has no true form. He has taken on other forms (Franz Hopper, the polymorph, etc), and he's borrowed other living things' forms through possession (choose just about any episode for that), but he has no true form.

(An idea I just had in mind)
Thinking about it... you know, it would had been interesting if XANA could ONLY take form from the dead. Just like the First (BTVS's Season 7 enemy). One day, picture XANA taking form of Nick and then Team Lyoko figures out Nick's dead and stuff like that....
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:47 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote: XANA is a computer, and has no true form. He has taken on other forms (Franz Hopper, the polymorph, etc), and he's borrowed other living things' forms through possession (choose just about any episode for that), but he has no true form.

Thinking about it... you know, it would had been interesting if XANA could ONLY take form from the dead. Just like the First (BTVS's Season 7 enemy).

Bit late to try for that now. He's already taken Yumi's form before...

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:One day, picture XANA taking form of Nick and then Team Lyoko figures out Nick's dead and stuff like that....

THAT, on the other hand, could be fun and creepy.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:57 am

Cassius335 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Thinking about it... you know, it would had been interesting if XANA could ONLY take form from the dead. Just like the First (BTVS's Season 7 enemy).

Bit late to try for that now. He's already taken Yumi's form before...

Yes, but Yumi isn't dead. Read my post again. If he could only take form from the dead.

Cassius335 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:One day, picture XANA taking form of Nick and then Team Lyoko figures out Nick's dead and stuff like that....

THAT, on the other hand, could be fun and creepy.

Well, that could be interesting to see how to deal with dead people. I'm not talking about zombies. I'm talking about the possiblity of XANA taking form of only dead human beings.
MY85 offline

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:06 pm

Hmm... CL doesn't seem like the kind of show to deal with dead people at any higher level then in "Is Anyone Out There?". But who knows? It may surprise us again. A character death would be a very interesting twist, although depending on the character, a large number of this forum's members might commit suicide.
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Previous