Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm

Some things I never "got"

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Some things I never "got"

Postby axslayer33 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am

Where is the Hermitage? When the gang goes through the sewers, it's a 30 second trip...after the cuts and speed up. Yet the hermitage seems to have a passage straight to the factory, although it's in the woods.

Also, if Kadic is a closed grounds acadamey, how do the kids get to the woods? If the woods are school owned, what's the house doing there?

And if returns to the past wipe EVERYTHING, how come Jeremie's laptop and dorm pc don't get wiped? If it's because they connect to lyoko, then the devices hijacked by xana should be traceable to it, via him using lyoko to access them
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Re: Some things I never "got"

Postby McTrooperNow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:38 am

Where is the Hermitage?

I'm not sure, but the passage to the factory connects to the sewer (or what is more likely storm drain system).
And it might be closer to the factory. I wish I had pictures of the real location that the school was based on, but
I have a feeling the distance between locations if fictional.

I got the impression that the school has a small patch of trees by it. That's is where the main sewer entrance is.
And I think there is a separate patch of woods that has the Hermitage in it.

The back in time thing . . I was wondering the same thing with Franz Hopper's diary. The connection to Lyoko seems like a good excuse.
Though I didn't understand what you meant by "then the devices hijacked by xana should be traceable to it, via him using lyoko to access them"
Image Image
Signature Image made from TB3's original art.
---- Iron Lyoko - (A Code Lyoko Fan Fiction Story) ----
McTrooperNow offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm

From what I understand, the Hermitage is connected directly to the storm drain system that leads to the factory. It's in the same sewer system as the manhole in the park and the passage in Kadic's boiler room, it's just connected to a different area of the system.

Additionally, I think that the actual travel time to the factory is about 15 minutes if they sprint. It's never addressed directly, but from what I've gathered from my rewatching Season 3, the times seem to suggest it takes roughly that long to run through the sewer system.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby axslayer33 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Hmm, I gotcha ya on the Hermitage...

What I mean by the xana infested devices-at the time, xana was on lyoko. He would have to through the same channels lyoko did to reach the outside world. Therefore, for however short a time, his targets are connected to lyoko-if not continuously, since XANA maintains control in both places simultaneously. Knowing that, how come computer logs show no abnormal, unexplainable connections to an outside computer (especially from more secure ones like toxic-carry autonomous trains). Such an anomoly, even after the attack, should remain, and would be investigated.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

That assumes that it still records logs while XANA takes control of the computers. It's never stated in the show, but I'd assume that XANA disables all non-essential services of the target system that he's controlling, like logging.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby McTrooperNow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Ah now I understand what you mean.

With the train attack . . I think they did a "return to the past", but that was a good example.

What TheAppleFreak said is the only thing I can think of to explain that. Especially when there is no return to the past.

Since Xana was created to destroy a mult-agent program (I think that is still the storyline) it must be able to cover it's tracks.

Here is a relate question though . . what about all those real world locations in the later seasons with Xana's robots in them?
I think that some of those "robots" looked like they had organic living brains.
What happened to all that stuff?
I don't think that every location exploded. I think the main goal was to destroy the super computer located in those real world bases.
A return to the past wouldn't not erase those things.
Image Image
Signature Image made from TB3's original art.
---- Iron Lyoko - (A Code Lyoko Fan Fiction Story) ----
McTrooperNow offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby axslayer33 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:31 pm

And some of them looked hijacked (government lab taken over by xana). Even if he maintains communications to cover his attack, once the gang went through and shut it down, the labs fell off the map so to speak. Idt a government doing something that warrents hiding it in the amazon would ignore all of its scientists having no memory of the past six months.
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:57 pm

There's a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense. I've been giving a lot of thought recently to the events of June 6th, 1994, in particular, with Franz building the Supercomputer and scanners. How would they have been persistent between RTTPs?
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby LyokoMan95 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 pm

I just realized something... At the end of season 4 they find the door in the boiler room locked. Wouldn't the person who locked it have some questions about a passage to the sewers?
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Snickie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:02 am

I want to know why Aelita was still on Lyoko after the RttP in s2e30 A Great Day. Can somebody explain that?
Snickie offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby desincarnation » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 am

I assume that's because she can't be materialized like other Warriors. She needs a separate materialization program throughout Season 2 because of her "virus". As far as I remember she can be brought back to Earth only from inside of a tower. When the RTTP in A Great Day was launched, she was ouside of the tower and thus stayed on Lyoko.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Snickie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Okay, but what about the physics? How can anybody explain, from an Earth pov, how she was in bed sleeping until exactly 6:59 when she suddenly disappears without a trace?
Snickie offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Colinahscopy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Snickie wrote:Okay, but what about the physics? How can anybody explain, from an Earth pov, how she was in bed sleeping until exactly 6:59 when she suddenly disappears without a trace?

I got nothing.

One thing I didn't get is Aelita just stands there when the Scyphozoa arrives. She just stands there and submits to his taking (not trying to make it sound wrong, but it's true). If I was in that predicament, I'd try and run!
Colin K.
-------------------
Colinahscopy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Snickie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Not always true. I cite ep45 Cold War and ep63 Triple Trouble.
Snickie offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby axslayer33 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:31 pm

Being rooted in fear maybe?
axslayer33 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant