Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am

Fansub

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Fansub

Postby Shark » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Not sure where to put this, and if this is not a good idea, it can be moved/locked if need be, but I'm working on fansubbing the French episodes. I can pick out some words and phrases using the English episodes as a base, but I don't know enough French, and some of the lines I'm getting stuck on. I'm currently working XANA Awakens part 1. Long story short, anyone who knows a relatively decent amount of French want to help me with the translation?
Without music, life would B-flat
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Re: Fansub

Postby TheLQ » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Shark wrote:Not sure where to put this, and if this is not a good idea, it can be moved/locked if need be, but I'm working on fansubbing the French episodes. I can pick out some words and phrases using the English episodes as a base, but I don't know enough French, and some of the lines I'm getting stuck on. I'm currently working XANA Awakens part 1. Long story short, anyone who knows a relatively decent amount of French want to help me with the translation?

Me watching lots of anime recently, I think Code Lyoko falls under the same umbrella as Dragon Ball Z: Even though original Japanese audio is so much better, I grew up with it in English and watching it in its original language just doesn't work with me

And sorry, don't know French :-/
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Hopefully Code Lyoko: Evolution will result in dual language French/English DVD releases of the original series at some point.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Fansub

Postby xiaozanghou » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 pm

It's a good project for yourself if you want to get a hand on some semi-colloquial French, but there's not much of an audience for it because the English dub is so accurate.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby Shark » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:37 am

So I've managed to translate, time, and encode an episode to make my own fansub. Don't know how good the translation will be... Found a script, and used Google translate, and common sense/sentence structure. It's here if anyone wants to take a look.
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SuperKad » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:12 pm

I wouldn't mind helping out a bit nearer to the summer when I've got nothing on. I've studied French for 7 years but haven't touched it in about a year so I may be a bit rusty but I'm planning to pick it up again. This would be good practice for when CL Evolution comes around and subs are needed. :)

SuperKad offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Shark » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:24 pm

SuperKad wrote:I wouldn't mind helping out a bit nearer to the summer when I've got nothing on. I've studied French for 7 years but haven't touched it in about a year so I may be a bit rusty but I'm planning to pick it up again. This would be good practice for when CL Evolution comes around and subs are needed. :)

Thanks! I'd really appreciate it! I actually have "XANA Awakens Part 2" uploading as I'm typing this. I'll provide a link as soon as it's done :)

EDIT

The videos are being rejected. Please lock/delete this thread. Thank you.
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Shark wrote:
SuperKad wrote:I wouldn't mind helping out a bit nearer to the summer when I've got nothing on. I've studied French for 7 years but haven't touched it in about a year so I may be a bit rusty but I'm planning to pick it up again. This would be good practice for when CL Evolution comes around and subs are needed. :)

Thanks! I'd really appreciate it! I actually have "XANA Awakens Part 2" uploading as I'm typing this. I'll provide a link as soon as it's done :)

EDIT

The videos are being rejected. Please lock/delete this thread. Thank you.

"Being rejected"? By whom?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Shark » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:19 pm

YouTube and Dailymotion... x.x
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid