Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 am

Ulrich hates being touched?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ulrich hates being touched?

Postby Razzi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 pm

I saw it on a tvtropes page and cant think of where that came from. I havent seen CL in awhile but I dont remember him hating it.
"If Life Gives You Lemons, Throw The Lemons Back"
Razzi offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:35 pm

"http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HatesBeingTouched"
I do not recall which episode revealed this. It is possible the contributor of that statement misremembered the series, or it was only a particular instance.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Saphire-089 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 am

Maybe it has to do with Aelita not riding with him that much on the overbike. I'm rewatchng the episodes and almost done with season 3 (before she gets her wings), and it seems like she always rides with Yumi or Odd. I wonder if that has any connection.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:02 pm

There's an episode, from season 1, where Odd and Ulrich are talking...or rather, Ulrich is (I think) complaining about something and Odd is teasing him about it (as he does).

At one point, Odd gives him a tackle-y type of hug while laughing at him, because he's worrying about nothing, and Ulrich shrugs him off almost immediately with an expression on his face that clearly reads, "WTF?".

I wish I could remember the episode that happened in. I don't think Ulrich is a good candidate for "Hates Being Touched", based on just that instance, but it is the only one I can think of off-hand. I do however think that Ulrich likes his privacy and personal space...which is why Odd is such a hilarious foil (and roommate) for him, because he does almost nothing /but/ invade his privacy and personal space.

If he hated being touched, half the fluffy stuff between him and Yumi in seasons 1 and 2 would not have happened.

<b>Edit</b>: I think the episode was "Swarming Attack" and Ulrich was being all conflicted about the love letter he got from "Yumi". Odd reacted as you'd expect Odd would.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin