Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am

All 4 Seasons coming to DVD

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Will you be buying one or more of these DVDs?

YES. PRE-ORDERING ALL OF THEM NOW.
42%
Maybe I'll buy a few.
42%
No, not interested enough to spend so much.
17%

Total votes : 12

All 4 Seasons coming to DVD

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:17 pm

inb4 Carth because I'm a big jerk meanie-face.

Moonscoop (or whatever it is they're called these days) has announced on the Facebook page for Code Lyoko that the entire series will be coming to DVD.

All four seasons are available for preorder on Amazon. Seasons 1, 2 and 4 will run you US$24.99 and Season 3 is going for US$16.99. As for as internationally, the discs are formatted in NTSC, which implies a solely-North American release. Information is sparse so soon after the announcement, however. Perhaps we will learn more in the coming weeks.

As mentioned earlier, this information was discovered by our very own Moderatrix, Carth. Here's the linkage.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:31 pm

The one in the middle, because as of right now I am somewhat lacking in funds.

This is great news, though. Good enough to make me wanna SHOUT. Our old obession is rising from the grave... good things do happen sometimes, people.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Aren't they a little, late? I mean seriously, its been forever. Way to kill any chance of making a huge profit moonscoop
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 pm

TheLQ wrote:Aren't they a little, late? I mean seriously, its been forever. Way to kill any chance of making a huge profit moonscoop
They could be trying to bank off nostalgia. "WHOA! I haven't seen this in forever! Let's buy it!"

Then again, Moonscoop hasn't been known for the best business decisions. We'll see how this goes.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:38 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
TheLQ wrote:Aren't they a little, late? I mean seriously, its been forever. Way to kill any chance of making a huge profit moonscoop
They could be trying to bank off nostalgia. "WHOA! I haven't seen this in forever! Let's buy it!"

Then again, Moonscoop hasn't been known for the best business decisions. We'll see how this goes.

^^^^^^

I did indeed discover that! Ran all the way to Ben's place of work just to tell him. PS, I can do that now which is awesome.

I would buy these, except I would like to put that money towards other things. :(
Carth offline

Postby TheTsunamix » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:52 am

Carth wrote:I would buy these, except I would like to put that money towards other things. :(

You and me both.

To be honest, I'm surprised they actually went through with a DVD release. I mean, with iTunes, Netflix and even Blu-Ray, DVDs have really become... well, obsolete. But I guess if it makes more of a profit, so be it.

Hopefully this means we'll hear more news on Evolution soon.
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:32 am

TheTsunamix wrote:
Carth wrote:I would buy these, except I would like to put that money towards other things. :(

You and me both.

To be honest, I'm surprised they actually went through with a DVD release. I mean, with iTunes, Netflix and even Blu-Ray, DVDs have really become... well, obsolete. But I guess if it makes more of a profit, so be it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a promo or two on the disc for Evolution. And when we dig these discs out of the attic once CL has gone mainstream, we'll feel old and decidedly hipster for being into the original CL before anyone else.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheTsunamix » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:03 am

TheAppleFreak wrote:
TheTsunamix wrote:

You and me both.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a promo or two on the disc for Evolution. And when we dig these discs out of the attic once CL has gone mainstream, we'll feel old and decidedly hipster for being into the original CL before anyone else.

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I mean, each season apparently comes with 3-6 discs, you would think one would have a small promo. Plus, based on an e-mail I got from MoonScoop, we should be hearing more news about it by the end of this year. What better way than on a DVD teaser/promo?
TheTsunamix offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:23 pm

I dunno about promos on these guys. >_>

These discs are being made through Amazon's DVD-R program...thing, which kinda basically means they're high quality burned DVDs. Like...the same kind of discs you could make if you had video files of the CL episodes (*ahem*), and burned them to DVDs. Only higher quality.

I've gotten a season of Hey Arnold through this same sort of offering, and while the episodes are certainly quality, and what not...they aren't really an official market DVD release the way those other DVD releases were a few years back.

Then again, I've been surprised before, so we'll see. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:I dunno about promos on these guys. >_>

These discs are being made through Amazon's DVD-R program...thing, which kinda basically means they're high quality burned DVDs. Like...the same kind of discs you could make if you had video files of the CL episodes (*ahem*), and burned them to DVDs. Only higher quality.

I've gotten a season of Hey Arnold through this same sort of offering, and while the episodes are certainly quality, and what not...they aren't really an official market DVD release the way those other DVD releases were a few years back.

One, HI MEW! It's lovely to see you again!

Two, I had a feeling it would be something like that. But at least it's the episodes in some form.
Carth offline

Postby green » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Carth wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:I dunno about promos on these guys. >_>

One, HI MEW! It's lovely to see you again!

Two, I had a feeling it would be something like that. But at least it's the episodes in some form.

Yeah we are kind of at the something is better than nothing phase.

that said I still probably won't be buying them because I abandoned majority of DVD format stuff a long time ago. the money just can't be afforded honestly.
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:53 pm

HI CARTH! *waves* :DDD Great to see you again too! ^_^

And I definitely agree that something is better than nothing. Being able to (legally) acquire DVDs of all the seasons is seriously a huge plus.

Extras would be really nice though, but who knows, we might be surprised. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby optimus304 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 pm

What? no Blu ray or 3d tv functions? and here i bought a 3d tv for nothing
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 am

optimus304 wrote:What? no Blu ray or 3d tv functions? and here i bought a 3d tv for nothing

I'm not surprised about Blu-ray, its expensive as hell and not too many people are going to get it.

As for 3d, I personally say 3d tv is a fad, but that's me.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter