Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm

When was the last time you actually watched a CL episode?

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

When was the last time you actually watched a CL episode?

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 am

Figured this would be a worthy topic by now.

I haven't watched any CL episode in over a year.

What about the rest of you that still habitate this forum?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:09 am

It would be around August 12, when I wrote/posted the drabble based around the episode "XANA's Kiss." So that is the last episode I watched, apparently.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 am

A few days ago I started from episode 1 and today I'm at like 21 or something. I miss CL and my memory has serious problems. Other than that, it has been a couple of years. I don't think I ever did see all the episodes.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 am

I'm nearly considering watching Holdiay In The Fog after that thread got bumped, but then I wanted to make this topic. XD

Maybe one day I'll watch. But the last time I saw a CL episode, I felt awkward to say the least. Today, I would find it very hard for me to like Code Lyoko again. Part of it is due to my loss of love to the series, part of it is due to other stuff I'm interested in and part of it is due to the show's decline in quality from my POV.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 am

I'm rewatching it. I xana awakanes both parts from itunes. Am going to rewatch my season one dvd and download the rest of the seasons off of itunes.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:19 am

MY85 wrote:I'm nearly considering watching Holdiay In The Fog after that thread got bumped, but then I wanted to make this topic. XD

Maybe one day I'll watch. But the last time I saw a CL episode, I felt awkward to say the least. Today, I would find it very hard for me to like Code Lyoko again. Part of it is due to my loss of love to the series, part of it is due to other stuff I'm interested in and part of it is due to the show's decline in quality from my POV.

Ahmegad! How can anyone stop liking CL? D; I like seriously almost cried reading this!! -sniff- I guess we have to grow up sometime. I'm not going down without a fight, 19 or not!!!!

KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:22 am

KayLenny#7 wrote:
MY85 wrote:I'm nearly considering watching Holdiay In The Fog after that thread got bumped, but then I wanted to make this topic. XD

Ahmegad! How can anyone stop liking CL? D; I like seriously almost cried reading this!! -sniff- I guess we have to grow up sometime. I'm not going down without a fight, 19 or not!!!!
It's not about growing up, I actually found Season 3 to be disappointing and Season 4 was better, but not by much. But if you manage to enjoy both of those season, more power to you. :)
MY85 offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 am

MY85 wrote:It's not about growing up, I actually found Season 3 to be disappointing and Season 4 was better, but not by much. But if you manage to enjoy both of those season, more power to you. :)
Well I am very optimistic and patient about the entertainment value of movies and shows. I anticipate that I will enjoy seeing them.

KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 am

Hmm.. In March 2010 I watched last three episodes of season 4. So... it'd be almost a year. o.o
However, I recently feel an urge to watch the show again. Part of the reason being that I have some fanfic ideas and I need some reference from the original to verify if they make any sense. But... not before my official winter break, I'm afraid. :D
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby knifey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:12 am

Last time I was at one of those cl streaming partays. I think it was like... three months ago? Maybe more.\

I haven't even seen the episodes after Lab Rat, since cartoon network had the gall to refuse airing that episode in chronological order.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 am

2 weeks ago watching False Lead...

I sometimes watch some of my favorite episodes when I'm bored: Xana Awakens 1 & 2, False Lead, The Key, Fight to the Finish, and a few others I can't remember. There always interesting to watch, at least for me. And besides, its a mind fuck for people around me when they see a Senior in high school watching cartoons.

Its also a way for me to justify dedicating 50 GB of my portable hard drive space to Code Lyoko. Those rips and encoded versions are huge
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:43 pm

TheLQ wrote:its a mind fuck for people around me when they see a Senior in high school watching cartoons.
When they realize how much more ridiculous Jersey Shore is than cartoons, they will wish they were more like you lol.

KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:00 pm

KayLenny#7 wrote:
TheLQ wrote:its a mind fuck for people around me when they see a Senior in high school watching cartoons.
When they realize how much more ridiculous Jersey Shore is than cartoons, they will wish they were more like you lol.
Yet, CL will never be as popular as Jersey Shore (they get paid to act like douchebags, best job in the world for any kind of bum out there - meh, I don't care about JS). At best, if CL was still alive, you might have seen a party scene with the kids doing fist pumps or Odd making a Situation reference regarding his abs or body.
MY85 offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 pm

MY85 wrote:
KayLenny#7 wrote:
Yet, CL will never be as popular as Jersey Shore (they get paid to act like douchebags, best job in the world for any kind of bum out there - meh, I don't care about JS). At best, if CL was still alive, you might have seen a party scene with the kids doing fist pumps or Odd making a Situation reference regarding his abs or body.
But at least it's somewhat intelligent. Not like reality TV shows. Now I'm not going to lie, I like to watch some reality shows. But not for entertainment, more as so that I can stare in disbelief at stupid people.
Cartoons are imaginative. And CL in particular is intelligent. Maybe for the younger audience it isn't much, but we here can all understand the more adult themes behind it (like conspiracy, technology, nuclear disaster). But no. To a lot of teens, cartoons just have to be "for kids". o.O
That's why I keep watching anyway. I noticed that a lot of 'kid shows' are including some lines and themes that would only make sense to someone who is older now that I think about it.

KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:55 pm

KayLenny#7 wrote:
MY85 wrote:
KayLenny#7 wrote:
But at least it's somewhat intelligent. Not like reality TV shows. Now I'm not going to lie, I like to watch some reality shows. But not for entertainment, more as so that I can stare in disbelief at stupid people.
Cartoons are imaginative. And CL in particular is intelligent. Maybe for the younger audience it isn't much, but we here can all understand the more adult themes behind it (like conspiracy, technology, nuclear disaster). But no. To a lot of teens, cartoons just have to be "for kids". o.O
That's why I keep watching anyway. I noticed that a lot of 'kid shows' are including some lines and themes that would only make sense to someone who is older now that I think about it.

This! Especially the last sentence. Cartoon Network in particular is getting more into that, now that they seem to allow the PG rating for ostensibly children's shows. Or...something. And yes, CL did have some intelligence to it. I will admit something changed about it in Seasons 3 and 4, and that something may have been a detriment, but it still holds a special place in my heart.

And I may have all of you beat! I went on a bit of a marathon last week, where I watched Common Interest, Temptation, Deja Vu (all pretty excellent), Big Bug (absolutely awful), and Fight to the Finish (not as rage-inducing as once it was). Now I'm trying to watch Wrong Exposure...
Carth offline

Postby ArgentDandelion » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:19 pm

I would rather eat a boiled boot* than watch Cartoon Network's live action junk.

To stay on topic, I think I finished my Season 3 iTunes purchase with Final Round a week ago.

*A leather boot, and boiled to the extent that it becomes gelatin, when I may then flavor it.
ArgentDandelion offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:45 pm

At least a year, probably, unless you count the novels.

But then, I don't frequently watch episodes of any series a second time. Except maybe Avatar and Phineas and Ferb.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:24 pm

It's been a terribly long time. But I think about it often. :)

CL, man... there's something about it. I feel like, in some way, it helped me grow up some, and I will never ever disparage it for it.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby PhortyTwo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Yesterday.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Gadget » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:21 am

I watched it on comcast on demand yesterday, I wish they would put more on there though.
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby KayLenny#7 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 am

Gonna watch some right now. :P I think I'm on episode 32 or somethin.

KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby PhortyTwo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 am

I usually watch one a night. I hop around in the seasons, although I more often than not pull early stuff out. Planning a rewatch amongst myself and some friends.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid