Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm

The Volcano sector

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Volcano sector

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:09 pm

I have been in thought recently about the Volcano sector. In my opinion, it seems to resemble the Netherealm from Mortal Kombat, as it too is described as "an eternal volcanic "continent," containing many volcanoes and lava pits".
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:21 pm

The volcano sector?

I miss an episode?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:28 pm

TheLQ wrote:The volcano sector?

I miss an episode?
The Volcano Sector was in one of the video games, The one for the Nintendo Wii, I believe.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:47 pm

And the PS3 as well. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gadget » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Now understand this is just personal opinion, And there is no facts to base this on.
I think that there was going to be several more sectors and places, and I think this was all planned, but for some unknown reason they decided to end the show abruptly like they did.

Yes there was the Volcano sector, which seemed to have its own monster. But it only showed up on the video game. Of course there are many games based on TV shows, that have places that where not on the TV show.

Anyways back to the sector. Unfortunately I have never played the game, So I did a little googleing. I found this on code wiki.

[i]“The Volcano Replika was introduced in the second Code Lyoko video game, Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity. It has never existed in the show and it is made purely for the video game. This Replika is home to the dangerous Volcanoids. It, like its name hints, is a volcanic "continent" consisting of volcanoes and lava pits. There are many obstacles and lava flows throughout this area. It is protected by a special shield (which makes it more difficult to enter) and requires Jeremie to make a program to allow the children to enter. It is home to the data that could be used to save William from XANA's clutches. It has a large crater filled with towers which is the heart of XANA. It is the final level in the video game and is destroyed when Odd and Aelita destroyed the supercomputer, killing XANA and freeing William at the same timeâ€
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:40 pm

So in retrospect, it's similar to the Netherealm.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:23 am

Gadget wrote:Now a pic of the sector in the magazine.

You just happen to have a picture of Jerime on the ground lying around?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am

Since the sector has never appeared in any canon material other than the games and comic, it can be safe to say that there is plenty of room for interpretation on what it represents.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak