Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

Potential Fan Project needs your help

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Does this intrest you? (Please read post)

Poll ended at Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Heck yes! Where do i sign up?
75%
I would like to see this but not intreated in being in it.
25%
Either way.
No votes
Are you crazy, Heck no!
No votes

Total votes : 4

Potential Fan Project needs your help

Postby Chupathingy 42 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Guys and Girls!

Just wanted to put something out and get some feedback and see if this would interest any one here.

I’m thinking of starting up a Lyoko Audio Drama, taking place during the events of and after the series. I’ve already convinced TB3, famous for his work on the translation of the Lyoko Chronicles, to agree to assist in the writing, and what I’m looking at here is two things.

First, would any of you be interested in listening to such a thing?

Secondly, as I want to make this more than just a narrator reading a story, I’m like to know how many of you would like to audition for the roles of the cast. That’s right folks; I’m saying YOU could get to play your favorite Lyoko Character.

Think you can do a good Impression of Odd? Know you got the right attitude to pull of Yumi or Ulrich? Know enough Techno-Babel to fill Jeremie’s shoes. Or just want to play a pink haired princess? Well this is your chance. I will post more details for auditions, story direction and the likes; if I get a good response from ya’ll that is.

So please let me know, I know I’d love to do this, and I’m hoping you will too.

One last little detail, For those few of you I’ve been talking to about this the last month, or who have heard about it from word of mouth.

You know where I would like to eventually take this, and I would like to keep some surprises for the rest of the community. So I ask you please keep the cat in the bag or I will be force to track you down and force you to listen to a rendition of me attempting to do break break break dance for eight hours, something that has been classified by the Geneva Convention as a weapon of mass annoyance. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. (and TB3… you know I mean it)

THANK YOU ALL AND PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN!
Chupathingy 42 offline
Super Hacker
Super Hacker

Postby jym1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:58 pm

I'd definitely be interested in listening, if it were well done: meaning the voices for the characters were at least believable, and the quality was good.
VAing is not really my thing, but if you couldn't find anyone else to do it I would be willing to give it a try. I do have a decent mic
you've heard of LF,CLF, and probably even TL...but have you seen CLV?
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:13 pm

I have a bit more free time, so I may give it a whirl. I might try my hand at Aelita or Yumi or... just for lulz, Sissi.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Tekirai » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:21 pm

This has the potential to be pretty cool. :o I'm interested! Makes me think of GForce's projects... makes me wonder if he's going to be involved at any point, haha. 8\)

As for contributing, uh... I guess scripting or even looking at scripts is something I can do. I can write believable dialogue, and I know the CL characters better than I know probably any other character in any fandom I'm in, lol. For something like CL I don't think I could really write a story for right off, but if there's a main idea, development is something I can help with. 8D;

And in the event that you actually need a voice for some random girl with a Northern Irish accent, I'm your not-man.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Do you have to sound like the characters? I'd love to audition for, say, Ulrich or Jeremie, but I don't really sound like either of them. Also, the only mike I have is the one built into the laptop... sound quality may not be the best. My career aim is to go into broadcast journalism - not too far off at all from voice acting.

At any rate, I am very interested in this.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby PhortyTwo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm

This sounds like an amazing idea. It would be awesome to audition Jim or Jeremie, but like SilverPrince, I don't really sound like either of them. As for how I can help, I can review scripts and continuity so as to make sure there isn't a break from character. Also, I have in my possession some top-rate audio equipment, so you might be able to add a bit of extra depth.

I'm really. REALLY. interested.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheLQ » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:56 pm

You do realize that with our age group our voices aren't that high any more? I can just imagine somebody sounding like a fat rapist when auditioning for Jerimie.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:56 am

TheLQ wrote:You do realize that with our age group our voices aren't that high any more? I can just imagine somebody sounding like a fat rapist when auditioning for Jerimie.

That image... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT IMAGE.

Hmm... there'll also be a need for scripters as well. Antoher fandom I'm involved with has an audiobook program going, and they have this whole little setup of mixers and writers and stuff. Not enough VAs, though...

Speaking of which, I have my audition from about a year ago for that...
(Mild warnings, it gets a little... well, not graphic, but one of the decrips was.. gory. I think I lost my chance at getting the role because of the sudden... surprise.)
http://angelbolt.deviantart.com/gallery ... /#/d27cv34

And again, a year ago. Problem is- I absolutely lack acting skills.

Still, I'd be willing to try again.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Lani » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:23 am

Oooooh this sounds interesting :> I would love to help... I could probably pull of a voice, most preferably Yumi (BILINGUAL BONUS, ALSO) but it looks like this has potential.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am

Maybe we could have ladies do the higher guy voices, like in the show? Eh? Eh?

Either way, I'd be willing to do just about anything to help this! Voices, scripts, you name it, I'm there. 8D
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:48 pm

This sounds interesting, but I fear without modding tracks of my voice I won't be able to sound like any of them.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby PhortyTwo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:12 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:This sounds interesting, but I fear without modding tracks of my voice I won't be able to sound like any of them.

Well, with a copy of FL Studio 8/9 or Podcast Station, anything is possible. Since Podcast Station is now free, it's easy to do whatever. I think the only thing that would be hard to nail are the speech patterns.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Gadget » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:33 pm

I would love to help; unfortunately I don’t believe I sound like any one from the show. But still I will help out anyway I can.
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Chupathingy 42 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Wow, thank you all for your responses.

Well to answer the burning question, no you do not need to sound like the original characters. If you can that would be a great bonus, but not a sure win. When roles are chosen, it will be biased on quality, how well you match characters mood and attitude. If we have a number of good contenders, sounding like the character might push you to the top, then again, if no one else chosen sounds like the original, it might not doing any good.
I recommend if you want to audition for a character, go for it and give it your best. Your audition is how you think they should sound and act if it were you. That said; no, Jeremie should not sound like a 20+ year old fat guy with a deep base voice.

I’ll probably be typing a guide to auditioning, as well as lines for you to actually audition in the next few weeks. Again, don’t worry about how close you sound, just have fun. And you can audition for any and all characters you might want.

As for help in other areas, I greatly appreciate the offers. At this time, I don’t know where I will be needing help but I will be letting ya’ll know as we progress. Right now interest and voices are the big ones. Writing is going to be done by TB3 but we might recruit other to help flush out side works and specials. (I might ask for some other help for the main stories too so keep your ears open)

Outside of that, I’ll let you know. I guess I do have to say while this is an audio project, my overly ambitious mind would be open to the SLIGHT subjection to doing some animated work with this too. But that’s a WHOLE other time down the road.

Tekirai wrote:Makes me think of GForce's projects... makes me wonder if he's going to be involved at any point,

I have to answer this specifically. Yes this is partially inspired from those plays, and from Son Neko’s flash cartoons. I happen to help in a few of the productions in a vocal capacity for both (please do not keep that from auditioning for said character if you know who I mean, as I said this will be fully open and biased off your skills, I don’t plan to voice anything other than secondary characters unless pushed to do so by my partners in this, aka YOU, or other popular decree.) Neither GForce nor Son Neko will likely be involved. Neko is VERY busy with her own life and I know she just would not have the time to aid even if she were inclined. Gforce has already said he would not be interested himself for similar reasons.

Again, thank you all, and I hope that even more will join in this. And I hope all of you will audition, sound alike or not.

Keep watching as more details will be posted here.
UNBANNABLE!

Some Might remember me as Chupathingy form TvTome many a year ago

From Red VS Blue Episode 2

Sarge: Hey Simmons, what’s the name of the Mexican lizard, eats all the goats?
Simmons: That would be the Chupacabra Sir.
Sarge: Hey Griff, Chupathingy, I like it. Got a ring to it.

Chupathingy 42 offline
Super Hacker
Super Hacker

RE:

Postby Tigerlily » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:03 pm

This seems really cool! Do you have to be the same gender as the character because I'd love to play Odd even though I'm a girl.
Tigerlily offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby jym1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 am

I guess that answer would be up to Chupathingy, but personally I think that might be a really good idea, since a girls voice might sound more like Odd than any of the older male voices we have
you've heard of LF,CLF, and probably even TL...but have you seen CLV?
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:52 am

jym1 wrote:I guess that answer would be up to Chupathingy, but personally I think that might be a really good idea, since a girls voice might sound more like Odd than any of the older male voices we have
This is a very good point.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 am

With my new acquisition of a very powerful server, I can also contribute video editing and/or video encoding skills and time. This is post-production though
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tigerlily » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:22 am

jym1 wrote:I guess that answer would be up to Chupathingy, but personally I think that might be a really good idea, since a girls voice might sound more like Odd than any of the older male voices we have

oh okay thanks
Tigerlily offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: RE:

Postby Chupathingy 42 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Tigerlily wrote:This seems really cool! Do you have to be the same gender as the character because I'd love to play Odd even though I'm a girl.

Go right ahead, that might actually produce better results. Remember, with the exception of Odd, the five main cast were all played by women, Jeremie and Aelita being played by the same actress.

Speaking of which, I'm planning on opening the auditions early next month it all goes well. So people, thank you for the resounding support, and start practicing.

Also so quick other things I can try to answer now:

1st. as said before, anybody can audition for any character. the only rules here are the ones you make, so have fun, and go for it. It's not like I'm going to embarrass you by posting them for all to see right? :devil2:
no really I won't unless you want me too.

2nd. there is no limit to how many characters you audition for, or how many time you audition. I will ask that you use common since, but if you think you can do a better second or maybe even third take... go for it.

3rd. this early in the stage I will say for what character are open. The five main kids of course, Aelita, Jeremie, Odd, Ulrich, Yumi. And soon after will probably need some of the secondary characters, Sissie, the school staff (Jim, Hertz, and excreta) as well as a few currently unnamed characters. This will be from the one line passerby on the street, to major characters like a potential narrator and few currently surprise characters. So even if you font think you can do a main voice from the gang, you still have plenty for room to get a role. (Again, deepening on your ranges and submissions, some might even be asked to do multiple roles.)

FINALLY! The question I'm sure many of you are asking, what I need. Well I'll go in to details when I open the auditions, but the basics of what you need is a Mic (can get that cheep from most computer stores if you don't have one already) recording, software which I will be posting a like to one of the best and FREE software latter (Audacity) a voice (think most of you have that) and you pretty much got it.

So keep your eyes open. I might start a new topic for the auditions to keep things clean, if that's ok. And I will be releasing a word Doc, or PDF (your choices) for a guide to auditioning and for the lines you'll use.

Thanks again and GOOD LUCK!
UNBANNABLE!

Some Might remember me as Chupathingy form TvTome many a year ago

From Red VS Blue Episode 2

Sarge: Hey Simmons, what’s the name of the Mexican lizard, eats all the goats?
Simmons: That would be the Chupacabra Sir.
Sarge: Hey Griff, Chupathingy, I like it. Got a ring to it.

Chupathingy 42 offline
Super Hacker
Super Hacker

Postby Tigerlily » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Okay thanks Chupathingy!
Tigerlily offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby KayLenny#7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Hm if this thing is still legit I might like to know more about it. :o Maybe even with the voice thing. I've been told my voice is sexy and child-like... Now that I think about it, those two really should not be possible at the same time. -shudder-
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby PhortyTwo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Great! Glad to see this isn't still in the pipe dream stage.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid