Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

ALL of CL on iTunes!

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

ALL of CL on iTunes!

Postby Carth » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 am

So I was going on YouTube, minding my own business, when I noticed that Code Lyoko United had a message up that made my eyebrows fly into my hair. I went to go check it out for myself, so I booted up iTunes, went to TV Shows, clicked Shows Just Added, scrolled down a little...

It's true. Season 1 of Code Lyoko is now on iTunes. It's a wallet breaker at $41.99, but it's there.

True, the e-mail said October, but there was a "maybe" in the message if I remember correctly (I don't feel like going back and finding it), and it was only two weeks off. I'm not saying we should all freak out (because I know you're not going to anyway) but I'm just pointing out that the e-mail predicted CL on iTunes in October of 2010, and CL appeared on iTunes in November of 2010.

Just one problem, though - when I try to access the page, iTunes error-quits. I think this might be because I don't have the latest version. I'll get back to you guys once it downloads.

In the meantime, grab yourself some CL if you want! Unless of course you have the DVDs or are perfectly satisfied with your rips.

Edit: I can access it through a popup thing...nothing much interesting noticed except that they corrected "Girl of the Dreams" to "Girl of My Dreams." I wonder if they changed the episode itself.

Edit Edit: According to the CLU whoozit, the first six episodes of CL have appeared free and legal on the Taffy (aka Moonscoop) YouTube channel. And they have. http://www.youtube.com/user/TaffykidsUS . Which brings the price of the season down to...well, actually, it doesn't bring it down at all, because $1.99 x 26 = $51.49, and $51.49 - $11.94 = $39.55. Sneaky hacks.
Last edited by Carth on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:11 am

Ah, a very exciting announcement! I was actually browsing through some CL stuff on YouTube last night and noticed that Taffy had uploaded those eps Season 1, but I wasn't sure how new this news was so I didn't bring it up here.

Well, if you know how to rip YouTube videos, $39.55 is better than $41.99, right? It'd probably be a better idea for them to have a season bulk package so more people can buy them.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheLQ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Just to let you know, my rips are already high quality DVD rips of Season 1. So you should be fine there, unless you really want the extra's like the virtual world browser, info on each of the characters, or just want the official DVD. For a while I was thinking about making my own DVD from the eps I have, so if anyone is interested I just might
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby PhortyTwo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:33 am

Not beeg sooprise, honestly. I'm sure that a lot of my friends won't be too hesitant in buying this immediately. They aren't big lyoko freaks, but they definitely love the show. When it was still on air, it was a subject of popular debate between us. Finally having a source of enjoyment other than the very rare 2 AM sunday showings we've been so obviously blessed with will be very cool for them.
PhortyTwo offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 pm

So maybe Season 1 wasn't as exciting as it should have been, considering that it's already been out in the States on DVD, but, as I was wandering around iTunes minding my own business again, I just found that Seasons 2 and 3 are there as well! They're still wallet-breakers (though Season 3 is reasonably cheaper) but might I add this is the first time, barring that one DVD release of the first five eps of Season 2, that they've ever been officially distributed in the US? Ever?

I'll probably buy the Season 2 set; my copies of Season 2 are terrible. So, yeah. Smiles.
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Carth wrote:So maybe Season 1 wasn't as exciting as it should have been, considering that it's already been out in the States on DVD, but, as I was wandering around iTunes minding my own business again, I just found that Seasons 2 and 3 are there as well! They're still wallet-breakers (though Season 3 is reasonably cheaper) but might I add this is the first time, barring that one DVD release of the first five eps of Season 2, that they've ever been officially distributed in the US? Ever?

I'll probably buy the Season 2 set; my copies of Season 2 are terrible. So, yeah. Smiles.

*notes
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Carth wrote:So maybe Season 1 wasn't as exciting as it should have been, considering that it's already been out in the States on DVD, but, as I was wandering around iTunes minding my own business again, I just found that Seasons 2 and 3 are there as well! They're still wallet-breakers (though Season 3 is reasonably cheaper) but might I add this is the first time, barring that one DVD release of the first five eps of Season 2, that they've ever been officially distributed in the US? Ever?

Well then... at this rate, possibly by next Tuesday we'll have Season 4 as well!
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Carth » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Well, I just got iTunes updated, finally, and I took a look at them episodes. Most of them are highly-rated, but seeing as only the fans know they are there this is not surprising. Only other thing of note is that the Season 4 monsters are in the Season 3 bumper.

Oh, and for some reason, both parts of XANA Awakens are available for free there. Probably should mention that.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Carth wrote:Oh, and for some reason, both parts of XANA Awakens are available for free there. Probably should mention that.

*downloads*
Hmm... that's definitely good.
TheAppleFreak offline

Re: MOST of CL on iTunes!

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Carth wrote:Edit Edit: According to the CLU whoozit, the first six episodes of CL have appeared free and legal on the Taffy (aka Moonscoop) YouTube channel. And they have.

And they're not region-locked, which is always nice.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 am

SO. Because Season 4 was AWOL for about a month after the other seasons, I naturally assumed it would never go up. But it DID. All 30 episodes are there - yes, Lab Rat is no longer intensely bootleg - and it's about $5 more expensive than the 26-episode seasons. Also William is on the season cover art. He looks kinda awkward.

Do you know what that means? Yes, it means that all of the Techlinks copies are now one-hundred-percent illegal! 8D
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 am

Carth wrote:SO. Because Season 4 was AWOL for about a month after the other seasons, I naturally assumed it would never go up. But it DID. All 30 episodes are there - yes, Lab Rat is no longer intensely bootleg - and it's about $5 more expensive than the 26-episode seasons. Also William is on the season cover art. He looks kinda awkward.

Do you know what that means? Yes, it means that all of the Techlinks copies are now one-hundred-percent illegal! 8D

Those aren't techlinks copies. But anyway, all that work! That took me forever to download all the vids from the torrent, encode them to MPG, and upload them to a thousand different sites.

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to buy every single episode of CL on iTunes?

----

BTW, you do realize that buying them from iTunes means you can't watch them ANYWHERE else besides your iPod and your computer right? At least with my stuff I can burn them to a DVD, put them on a Zune or any other Video/MP3 player, and watch them on any computer I wish? Buying legally just restricts you because, well, Apple manages it
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:39 am

I just said that because I still use the files i got from Techlinks three and a half years ago. 8D; and nowhere did I tell you to stop

And yes, it's not the best arrangement for file versatility. But it does exist, and it does mean the show'll get some attention. Also they're high-quality and don't have CN bumpers on them. I didn't mean to affront you or anything D:

As for price? Seasons 1 and 2 are $41.99, Season 3 is $19.99, and Season 4 is $46.99...rounding it up for ease of addition, that's $42+$20+$42=$84, $84+$47 = $131, minus 4 cents is $130.96. If you don't buy the first six episodes and watch them on Youtube instead, it's $128.52.

Edit: Oh, and individual episodes are $1.99, not counting XANA Awakens 1 and 2, which are free.
Carth offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Why couldn't this be going down when I had a job? :< I'm broke as a hobo, mann!
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 am

Numbuh 7 wrote:Why couldn't this be going down when I had a job? :< I'm broke as a hobo, mann!

Off topic and out of curiosity, how much of CL did you see? In any case, you've got a lot to catch up on, especially with the novels 83
Carth offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

Carth wrote:
Numbuh 7 wrote:Why couldn't this be going down when I had a job? :< I'm broke as a hobo, mann!

Off topic and out of curiosity, how much of CL did you see? In any case, you've got a lot to catch up on, especially with the novels 83
I have no idea where I left off. I think I saw most of season 4. I'm going to start watching it again from the beginning after I watch some youtube videos. I want to buy the DVDs or something if I ever get a chance.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TechnoSam » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

I was REAL excited to see CL on iTunes, and I bought all the eps. IT'S SOO AWESOME!
TechnoSam offline
New Kid
New Kid