Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

The schoolchildren's homes outside of KJHS.

General original series discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The schoolchildren's homes outside of KJHS.

Postby Taelia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Have you guys ever wondered what the schoolchildren's homes outside of Kadic look like?

I have.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:46 am

I never really thought of that, maybe except for the main five, but I can try.
Let's start from the surroundings of the school, because probably most of the students come from there. Then, most of them would live in a house similar to Yumi's or the Hermitage. Some screenshots on cl.fr show also some apartment blocks, so that'd be another option. As for boarding students... since they for sure come from many different environments, the possibilities are even bigger. What we have to keep in mind is what Ulrich's father mentioned once - that costs of keeping a child as a boarding student are fairly high. Thus, their homes would be rather middle-class type.
However, all of that is just empty theoretising. You really think it matters in any way? Maybe it does for fanfic writers, but other than that, I really do not see the point of considering this, especially since it's quite broad subject.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby knifey » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am

lmao I wondr how much discussion these threads usually generate.

I haven't.

/thread <S>this post is not high (hahahahahahaha) and mighty</S>
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby xiaozanghou » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Lol, half of the fun of Code Lyoko is empty theorizing. What reason is there to not consider it?

Kadic is a private boarding school and apparently pretty expensive according to Ulrich's dad.We saw Ulrich's house in that one episode when he's being tutored for math, and Yumi's house all the time.

We know that Jeremy used to have a garden in front so it's probable he lives in a house too.

Aelita, obvious.

Odd... who knows. His parents might be starving artists that scraped together enough money just to send Odd to Kadic since none of his other family members are there. Definitely an artsy place no matter how big it is.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose

Postby Taelia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Ulrich's house is the kind of place that just screams 'rich kid lives here'.

As for boarding students... since they for sure come from many different environments, the possibilities are even bigger. What we have to keep in mind is what Ulrich's father mentioned once - that costs of keeping a child as a boarding student are fairly high. Thus, their homes would be rather middle-class type.

Not always. Look at Ouran Academy from Ouran High School Host Club.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100804221119/ouran/images/a/a7/OuranAcademyCampusAerialView.jpg

It's as big as FIVE Kadics.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Yes, but that's also a fictional school. As is Kadic. Even if it is based off a real campus.

And getting into my CL geekery, that was not Ulrich's house, but the house of his math tutor.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Rho » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 am

can't we condense all this stuff into one thread
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:30 am

is there google street view for that area?
I would agree that Kadic is probably a rich kids school... if Jeremy is, as they say "a chip off the old block" than Jeremy's dad is very smart and probably did well for himself.
Ulrich's dad obviously expects him to live up to be something great which suggests they come from a family of high achievers (Zero Gravity)
Yumi looks like she lives in a decent sized house, and it's kind of implied that her father moved for business which would suggest a business that's doing well, and made moving financially worth while.
Odd's parents could be the starving artists, or it could be that Odds care free life style came from having everything he ever wanted, with no one to really care. His clothes come from his desire to "be noticed" by his parents. The episode where he leaves the airport for a XANA attack suggests three things: first, that he lives far-ish away...second that he doesn't think twice about bailing on a probably expensive air fair that his parents paid for, and third when he mentioned to "say sorry to grand ma" that he wasn't coming that his parents are less important to him than his grand mother who probably took care of him while his parents were out making lots of money.
Aelita's dad was a teacher, but who also worked for the government...
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Indeed, very indeed. Also, look at Sissi's wardrobe in her dormitory. If THAT doesn't say "immensely wealthy, pretty thirteen-year-old girl", I have NO idea what will. MY CL geekiness has deduced that two of the outfits in her closet - the fur-trimmed things - are fur-trimmed coats.

http://img.codelyoko.fr/galeries/00_le_reveil_de_xana_partie_2/Le_reveil_de_XANA_partie_2_105.jpg

http://img.codelyoko.fr/galeries/01_teddygozilla/TeddyGozilla_102.jpg
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jym1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:06 am

Taelia wrote:Indeed, very indeed. Also, look at Sissi's wardrobe in her dormitory. If THAT doesn't say "immensely wealthy, pretty thirteen-year-old girl", I have NO idea what will. MY CL geekiness has deduced that two of the outfits in her closet - the fur-trimmed things - are fur-trimmed coats.

http://img.codelyoko.fr/galeries/00_le_reveil_de_xana_partie_2/Le_reveil_de_XANA_partie_2_105.jpg

http://img.codelyoko.fr/galeries/01_teddygozilla/TeddyGozilla_102.jpg

but her father is a school teacher...
granted he's principal, but is the pay bracket really that high?
maybe Mr.Delmas also works for the government?
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Maybe. We may never know for sure, so for now we can only just make educated guesses.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak